PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Genocide on Women ♀ - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Genocide on Women ♀

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,455
    Given: 7,904

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon96 View Post
    https://globalnews.ca/news/5097399/g...were%20applied.

"In the U.S., women are making 95 cents for every $1 earned by comparably qualified men.
    In ALL countries, the gender pay gap shrank but did not disappear even after statistical controls were applied."

Women are getting paid less than men for equally qualified jobs. Not sure why there is a debate about this...
    Wow, a difference of 0.1%, that is literally explained for a myriad of social and biological reasons for why this happens and is not even remotely dependent on gender solely.

They ramble about other things as well and most of it is justified. Speaking of women "literally being attacked",1 in 5 American women have experienced sexual assaults and the assaulter is usually a person they know. All demographics are equally involved. This is all from CDC.
    In America, you have to consider the race. And spoilers: it's not the huwhities that do most of the gender violence. As all of violence in general.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,304
    Given: 8,234

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    Wow, a difference of 0.1%, that is literally explained for a myriad of social and biological reasons for why this happens and is not even remotely dependent on gender solely.
    You don't have to give him any credit unless he provides something.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5097399/g...were%20applied.

"In the U.S., women are making 95 cents for every $1 earned by comparably qualified men.
    In ALL countries, the gender pay gap shrank but did not disappear even after statistical controls were applied."

Women are getting paid less than men for equally qualified jobs. Not sure why there is a debate about this...
    Granted. What's the explanation for that?

Banned
    Last Online
    04-01-2021 @ 01:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Northern Europe
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 98

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post

In America, you have to consider the race. And spoilers: it's not the huwhities that do most of the gender violence. As all of violence in general.
    I won't argue much. Sorry if I offended you previously.

Anyways. That's not a 0.1 percent difference. It's more. There are more countries apart from the US in the West.

For your second point, race was considered. CDC showed it was all proportionate. Poor people (black or white) were more susceptible. I could link more but I can't be bothered. This isn't about race but gender. You're going of topic.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Northern Europe
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

[QUOTE=Zeno;7115423]Wow, a difference of 0.1%, that is literally explained for a myriad of social and biological reasons for why this happens and is not even remotely dependent on gender solely.

Double
    Last edited by Jon96; 02-17-2021 at 07:06 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Northern Europe
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    You don't have to give him any credit unless he provides something.

Granted. What's the explanation for that?
    I did provide sources. Or did you mean Zeno?

For the Website:
    "That four per cent difference remains “unexplained,” according to Glassdoor, meaning that it’s due to a variable the company cannot account for based on information in its dataset. It could be attributed to “factors such as workplace bias"

This is the most recent and largest scale study btw.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,246
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

For your second point, race was considered. CDC showed it was all proportionate. Poor people (black or white) were more susceptible. I could link more but I can't be bothered. This isn't about race but gender. You're going of topic.
    CDC ? You need to interpret government statistics yourself are you lazy or something ? Are you a crypto Jew ? "jon' sounds Jewish but not 'John' per se.

BTW, you are wrong (implying poor whites commit such crimes equal to blacks) but that is off topic.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,304
    Given: 8,234

0 Not allowed!

I did provide sources. Or did you mean Zeno?

For the Website:
    "That four per cent difference remains “unexplained,” according to Glassdoor, meaning that it’s due to a variable the company cannot account for based on information in its dataset. It could be attributed to “factors such as workplace bias"

This is the most recent and largest scale study btw.
    I meant you, pal. Yeah, sure, those are the data. I'm not trying to dispute them because I don't even have to. I asked you for an explanation for why this is a thing in the first place.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 12:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pan-Alpine
    Ethnicity
    Alpinen Grresskkiiaassjjkk
    Ancestry
    Alpine lands are fine lands
    Country
    Switzerland
    Region
    Alsace
    Y-DNA
    Alpines don't age
    mtDNA
    Alpine are timeless
    Taxonomy
    Alpine pride worldwide. Alpo-Borreby. Alpine tan gang bro. We have everything anyone can dream of.
    Politics
    Pan-Alpinism (Alpine-Borreby-Gorid-Baltid union)
    Hero
    Round headed Alpine geniuses. Anti heroes=boolgarian and slavowogs like the blade
    Religion
    Pan-Alpinism
    Relationship Status
    Engaged with an Alpine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 172
    Given: 176

0 Not allowed!

double

Banned
    Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 12:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pan-Alpine
    Ethnicity
    Alpinen Grresskkiiaassjjkk
    Ancestry
    Alpine lands are fine lands
    Country
    Switzerland
    Region
    Alsace
    Y-DNA
    Alpines don't age
    mtDNA
    Alpine are timeless
    Taxonomy
    Alpine pride worldwide. Alpo-Borreby. Alpine tan gang bro. We have everything anyone can dream of.
    Politics
    Pan-Alpinism (Alpine-Borreby-Gorid-Baltid union)
    Hero
    Round headed Alpine geniuses. Anti heroes=boolgarian and slavowogs like the blade
    Religion
    Pan-Alpinism
    Relationship Status
    Engaged with an Alpine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 172
    Given: 176

1 Not allowed!

Did you look at my source? It's more recent and more detail. I can't even access your source(it's paid). And yes, the wage difference isn't that great, but men still get paid more.
    Can you see the image? https://www.economist.com/img/b/1280...805_WOC360.png

This is a quote from the article that you've linked:

"That four per cent difference remains “unexplained,” according to Glassdoor, meaning that it’s due to a variable the company cannot account for based on information in its dataset. It could be attributed to “factors such as workplace bias (whether intentional or not), negotiation gaps between men and women and/or other unobserved worker characteristics,” the company said in a statement."

Negotiation gaps, aka different distribution of negotiating abilities.
    Other=men are generally more willing to work (or be avaible) extra hours, more 'flexible' (lateral moves more frequent etc) etc.

Let's analyze the case where there's a clearer (with less unobservable/confounding factors) relationship between job duties/productivity per hour worked and wage.

https://fee.org/articles/harvard-stu...men-and-women/

Harvard Study: "Gender Wage Gap" Explained Entirely by Work Choices of Men and Women

The “gender wage gap” is as real as unicorns and has been killed more times than Michael Myers.

A New Study Out of Harvard
    Remember, if we truly want to measure the impact of sexism on male and female relative earnings, we want to look at men and women doing exactly the same job at exactly the same place. Fortunately, a new study by Valentin Bolotnyy and Natalia Emanuel of Harvard University—again, listed in that order because that is how they are presented in their paper—does just this.

And yet, even here, Emanuel and Bolotnyy find that female train and bus operators earn less than their male counterparts.

They look at data from the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA). This is a union shop with uniform hourly wages where men and women adhere to the same rules and receive the same benefits. Workers are promoted on the basis of seniority rather than performance, and male and female workers of the same seniority have the same choices for scheduling, routes, vacation, and overtime. There is almost no scope here for a sexist boss to favor men over women.

And yet, even here, Emanuel and Bolotnyy find that female train and bus operators earn less than their male counterparts. From this observation, they go looking for possible causes, examining time cards and scheduling from 2011 to 2017 and factoring in sex, age, date of hire, tenure, and whether an employee was married or had dependents.

They find that male train and bus drivers worked about 83 percent more overtime than their female colleagues and were twice as likely to accept an overtime shift—which pays time-and-a-half—on short notice and that around twice as many women as men never took overtime. The male workers took 48 percent fewer unpaid hours off under the Family Medical Leave Act each year. Female workers were more likely to take less desirable routes if it meant working fewer nights, weekends, and holidays. Parenthood turns out to be an important factor. Fathers were more likely than childless men to want the extra cash from overtime, and mothers were more likely to want time off than childless women.

“The gap can be explained entirely by the fact that, while having the same choice sets in the workplace, women and men make different choices.”

In other words, the difference in male and female earnings at the MBTA was explained by those “so-called ‘women’s choices,’” which Hartmann and Rose so easily dismissed.

“The gap of $0.89 in our setting,” the authors concluded, “can be explained entirely by the fact that, while having the same choice sets in the workplace, women and men make different choices.”

The “gender wage gap” is as real as unicorns and has been killed more times than Michael Myers. Yet politicians feel the need to genuflect before this phantom figure. President Obama’s White House was obsessed with that ridiculous 80-cent number. Let us substitute the quest for phantoms with serious research into the causes of relative incomes.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Northern Europe
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Geschichte View Post
    Can you see the image? https://www.economist.com/img/b/1280...805_WOC360.png

This is a quote from the article that you've linked:

"That four per cent difference remains “unexplained,” according to Glassdoor, meaning that it’s due to a variable the company cannot account for based on information in its dataset. It could be attributed to “factors such as workplace bias (whether intentional or not), negotiation gaps between men and women and/or other unobserved worker characteristics,” the company said in a statement."

Negotiation gaps, aka different distribution of negotiating abilities.
    Other=men are generally more willing to work (or be avaible) extra hours, more 'flexible' (lateral moves more frequent etc) etc.

Let's analyze the case where there's a clearer (with less unobservable/confounding factors) relationship between job duties/productivity per hour worked and wage.

https://fee.org/articles/harvard-stu...men-and-women/

Harvard Study: "Gender Wage Gap" Explained Entirely by Work Choices of Men and Women

The “gender wage gap” is as real as unicorns and has been killed more times than Michael Myers.

A New Study Out of Harvard
    Remember, if we truly want to measure the impact of sexism on male and female relative earnings, we want to look at men and women doing exactly the same job at exactly the same place. Fortunately, a new study by Valentin Bolotnyy and Natalia Emanuel of Harvard University—again, listed in that order because that is how they are presented in their paper—does just this.

And yet, even here, Emanuel and Bolotnyy find that female train and bus operators earn less than their male counterparts.

They look at data from the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA). This is a union shop with uniform hourly wages where men and women adhere to the same rules and receive the same benefits. Workers are promoted on the basis of seniority rather than performance, and male and female workers of the same seniority have the same choices for scheduling, routes, vacation, and overtime. There is almost no scope here for a sexist boss to favor men over women.

And yet, even here, Emanuel and Bolotnyy find that female train and bus operators earn less than their male counterparts. From this observation, they go looking for possible causes, examining time cards and scheduling from 2011 to 2017 and factoring in sex, age, date of hire, tenure, and whether an employee was married or had dependents.

They find that male train and bus drivers worked about 83 percent more overtime than their female colleagues and were twice as likely to accept an overtime shift—which pays time-and-a-half—on short notice and that around twice as many women as men never took overtime. The male workers took 48 percent fewer unpaid hours off under the Family Medical Leave Act each year. Female workers were more likely to take less desirable routes if it meant working fewer nights, weekends, and holidays. Parenthood turns out to be an important factor. Fathers were more likely than childless men to want the extra cash from overtime, and mothers were more likely to want time off than childless women.

“The gap can be explained entirely by the fact that, while having the same choice sets in the workplace, women and men make different choices.”

In other words, the difference in male and female earnings at the MBTA was explained by those “so-called ‘women’s choices,’” which Hartmann and Rose so easily dismissed.

“The gap of $0.89 in our setting,” the authors concluded, “can be explained entirely by the fact that, while having the same choice sets in the workplace, women and men make different choices.”

The “gender wage gap” is as real as unicorns and has been killed more times than Michael Myers. Yet politicians feel the need to genuflect before this phantom figure. President Obama’s White House was obsessed with that ridiculous 80-cent number. Let us substitute the quest for phantoms with serious research into the causes of relative incomes.
    My source is worldwide(data for all countries), more recent and much larger as well. The difference is unexplained in my source. It even says gender bias may be a reason. The rest you are just speculating. The data collectors found a variety of reasons, but they couldn't pinpoint just one specifically.

Your study is literally done on just bus and train workers with a much smaller sample size and only in the US and a year older than my source...https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/bo..._gendergap.pdf

https://wappp.hks.harvard.edu/3-thin...gender-pay-gap
    Since you're so obssessed with Harvard, here you go mate. More recent. Look at point number 2.
    "Men are favored in certain jobs and those jobs that are dominated by men tend to be higher paying".

Look at point 3. gender discrimantion.

I'm tired of derailing the thread. If you want to continue, PM me, but my argument goes much more into depth and even uses a more up-to-date and better studied Harvard source. Hannah Bowes and Roy E Larson are more qualified as well and they use a host of other sources. But like I said, feel free to PM me.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information