G
    mtDNA
    U5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,788
    Given: 1,803

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    I think I cannot edit my message anymore, because you can only a few hours. Im sorry, I think everyone knows it is meant the country not the animal. No one will think it is the animal. Are you butthurt just because of the spelling? That means nothing, I didnt had in mind to make fun of Turks. I just typed on my phone, quickly.
    Why did you write every other country and nation with capital letters then? Is it only hard to write Turkey? Yeah yeah I believed you. You are only ridiculing yourself.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-21-2021 @ 02:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Y-DNA
    G
    mtDNA
    U5
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hurtuv View Post
    hey...take it easy man

LMAAAAAO...I seriously have no idea what plane crash that was

cause this was here: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...ildhood/page17
    Who are you? Another schizophreniac who got lost on the internet?

Alexandro

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSecret View Post
    Why did you write every other country and nation with capital letters then? Is it only hard to write Turkey? Yeah yeah I believed you. You are only ridiculing yourself.
    turkey

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Y-DNA
    G
    mtDNA
    U5
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IberianAlex View Post
    turkey
    spig

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Coimbra, born and raised (old man from Santo Tirso)
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Hero
    Eru Ilúvatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,511
    Given: 4,445

1 Not allowed!

Who are you? Another schizophreniac who got lost on the internet?
    Not schizo xd...the rest is confidential

wait a minute..."another" LMAAAAAAAAO

Is that your Dark Secret Dark Secret Dark Secret Dark Secret Dark Secret Dark Secret Dark Secret Dark Secret Dark Secret

lol, this planet is trippy
    “Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects with everything else.”
    -Leonardo da Vinci
    Quote Originally Posted by barnumandbailey View Post
    Women have hair so that you can grab them while you’re pounding from behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by michal3141 View Post
    Don't worry Roy. We're talking about some profound unsolved problem in science of computing (computer science).
    Quote Originally Posted by solarisregvm View Post
    You sound like an authority of people who know naked portuguese people ......
    Classify Hurtuv and Family 2022
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...nd-Family-2022

No Retreat No Surrender
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    Chelovek Mira
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Washington
    Taxonomy
    black, muscular, and zero gay, 100kg bench, BBC
    Politics
    Third Position
    Hero
    Der Volkskanzler
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57,943
    Given: 58,643

0 Not allowed!

I didnt always. I have often written serbia, without thinking much about it.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. Donald Trump
    Wir wollen endlich den Volkskanzler, schnauze voll von den Einheitsparteien

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Y-DNA
    G
    mtDNA
    U5
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    I didnt always. I have often written serbia, without thinking much about it.
    I meant the original post of this thread. If you didn't really mean that it's okay. It looked like it was done on purpose.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Coimbra, born and raised (old man from Santo Tirso)
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Hero
    Eru Ilúvatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,511
    Given: 4,445

0 Not allowed!

I merrily came to this thread thinking it was about tourism
    “Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects with everything else.”
    -Leonardo da Vinci
    Quote Originally Posted by barnumandbailey View Post
    Women have hair so that you can grab them while you’re pounding from behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by michal3141 View Post
    Don't worry Roy. We're talking about some profound unsolved problem in science of computing (computer science).
    Quote Originally Posted by solarisregvm View Post
    You sound like an authority of people who know naked portuguese people ......
    Classify Hurtuv and Family 2022
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...nd-Family-2022

Alexandro

6 Not allowed!

Hmm, well. I would say they are finding their feet as an independent actor instead of limiting themselves to the role of a prospective EU member, something which had been promised back in the heydays of EU expansion after the fall of the Wall but which has become increasing unrealistic with the political developments towards nationalism in Europe and Islamism in Turkey.

What makes Turkey interesting to study is that it is the only economic titan in the region whose economy is not dependent on oil. Meanwhile, Iran and Saudi Arabia are still petro economies despite years of trying to change that, Turkey's economy, in comparison, is far less vulnerable to price shocks and war. Turkish forces have fought wars in recent years and have demonstrated competence but not brilliance. What sets them apart from all the other countries in the Balkans and Middle East, however, is their ability to muster sheer numbers of advanced, modern equipment in the hands of competent soldiers and officers. Nobody else comes close to having all three components.

In this respect Turkey is one of the last standalone militaries in the world, the others being the US, Russia, China, Japan, and India. By that, I mean a military which has large numbers of modern equipment in all major categories (the least common of which worldwide are MBTs and multirole fighters), competence in using it, and the ability to supply most of it domestically (although Turkey is not anywhere close to supplying their armies domestically, most of their inventory of serious hardware is western built) those competencies are very valuable, and essentially mean that only that short list of countries are able to fight protracted conventional wars by themselves. None of the other standalone militaries are close to Turkey, which means that nobody in Turkey's vicinity could come close to defeating them in a conflict. Even those with higher quality forces (Israel, for example) don't have the means to replenish their equipment and munitions, nor the sheer mass required to resist indefinitely. Historically, most defeats in modern war are due to shortages of supplies, parts, and modern equipment, not brilliant tactics.

Their major issue currently is that Turkey has a debt mountain, and have scared away all investors. The banks and investors have lost faith in this regime, they are not willing to keep the rotten economy floating, and the lira is failing. Turkey used to give out 13+% interest, issue is this brings in hot foreign exchange, but it is unnatural. People are not investing because "oh, Turkey seems cool", they invest because "oh, look at the interest". So, compared to, lets say, South Korea (which had a similar development curve with Turkey) investors there didn't even pull back after NK was hassling them, in Turkey they will pull back after any political crisis, as the investment is not tied to any long term shit.

Also, there is the whole thing about having a nationalist, authoritarian leader who likes to stoke national pride by telling his people lies. The only "rise" in power they have experienced recently is that the world is getting more multipolar so Turkey can try to play off different players. At the same time Russia, Iran and the civil wars on its borders pose greater security concerns.

(Source: My best friend is Turkish and we stay up until four in the morning, high, talking about this geopolitical stuff, hahahaha)
    Last edited by Alexandro; 02-25-2021 at 05:55 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Y-DNA
    G
    mtDNA
    U5
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IberianAlex View Post
    Hmm, well. I would say they are finding their feet as an independent actor instead of limiting themselves to the role of a prospective EU member, something which had been promised back in the heydays of EU expansion after the fall of the Wall but which has become increasing unrealistic with the political developments towards nationalism in Europe and Islamism in Turkey.

What makes Turkey interesting to study is that it is the only economic titan in the region whose economy is not dependent on oil. Meanwhile, Iran and Saudi Arabia are still petro economies despite years of trying to change that, Turkey's economy, in comparison, is far less vulnerable to price shocks and war. Turkish forces have fought wars in recent years and have demonstrated competence but not brilliance. What sets them apart from all the other countries in the Balkans and Middle East, however, is their ability to muster sheer numbers of advanced, modern equipment in the hands of competent soldiers and officers. Nobody else comes close to having all three components.

In this respect Turkey is one of the last standalone militaries in the world, the others being the US, Russia, China, Japan, and India. By that, I mean a military which has large numbers of modern equipment in all major categories (the least common of which worldwide are MBTs and multirole fighters), competence in using it, and the ability to supply most of it domestically (although Turkey is not anywhere close to supplying their armies domestically, most of their inventory of serious hardware is western built) those competencies are very valuable, and essentially mean that only that short list of countries are able to fight protracted conventional wars by themselves. None of the other standalone militaries are close to Turkey, which means that nobody in Turkey's vicinity could come close to defeating them in a conflict. Even those with higher quality forces (Israel, for example) don't have the means to replenish their equipment and munitions, nor the sheer mass required to resist indefinitely. Historically, most defeats in modern war are due to shortages of supplies, parts, and modern equipment, not brilliant tactics.

Their major issue currently is that Turkey has a debt mountain, and have scared away all investors. The banks and investors have lost faith in this regime, they are not willing to keep the rotten economy floating, and the lira is failing. Turkey used to give out 13+% interest, issue is this brings in hot foreign exchange, but it is unnatural. People are not investing because "oh, Turkey seems cool", they invest because "oh, look at the interest". So, compared to, lets say, South Korea (which had a similar development curve with Turkey) investors there didn't even pull back after NK was hassling them, in Turkey they will pull back after any political crisis, as the investment is not tied to any long term shit

Also, there is the whole thing about having a nationalist, authoritarian leader who likes to stoke national pride by telling his people lies. The only "rise" in power they have experienced recently is that the world is getting more multipolar so Turkey can try to play off different players. At the same time Russia, Iran and the civil wars on its borders pose greater security concerns.

(Source: My best friend is Turkish and we stay up until four in the morning, high, talking about this geopolitical stuff, hahahaha)
    I'd like to meet a Spanish here in Canada but only met Brazilian, Italian and Swiss which are good people but does not talk much about politics and stuff. Thank you for your deep analysis. I would agree with the most except for the last paragraph. Erdogan only tells truth and he loves his nation.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information