Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why are even educated Muslims easily radicalized?

Last Online
    07-03-2023 @ 11:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    American-Samoa
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 139

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Hound View Post
    Because being educated is not the same thing as being progressive or open-minded. Most engineers are not innovators, they are simply cogs in a machine that follow a precise list of rules that apply to their design projects. Post-secondary education, until the graduate level, is merely a preparation for the workforce. It does not produce critical thinkers, it produces corporate slaves.
    Incredible how you make a thread and ask a question and then respond, if you knew “the answer” why ask it instead of spreading silly narratives yet again

Banned
    Last Online
    08-24-2022 @ 03:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sub-Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Afro-Asiatic
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lustermoo View Post
    Incredible how you make a thread and ask a question and then respond, if you knew “the answer” why ask it instead of spreading silly narratives yet again
    Lol, I made this thread like 4 months ago before my old account got banned. I completely forgot about it and only now after running into it did I realize that the OP is my old account.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    G-BY205667
    mtDNA
    K1a12a4a
    Taxonomy
    Robust Iranid
    Politics
    🤡
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,021
    Given: 5,554

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Hound View Post
    Lol, I made this thread like 4 months ago before my old account got banned. I completely forgot about it and only now after running into it did I realize that the OP is my old account.
    Why were you banned?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,999
    Given: 43,451

0 Not allowed!

This is true of most anti-liberal ideologies, not just Islam(ism). It is the educated people with more time on their hands who usually feel dissatisfied with consumer society, and who like to think of how to change or overturn it. By contrast, most poorer people are just interested in survival and (insofar as they can) enjoyment. A good book to explain this mindset is Occidentalism by Ian Buruma and Avishai Margalit. This notion that religious fundamentalists, communists or fascists mostly come from the "wretched of the Earth" is a ludicrous myth.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-24-2022 @ 03:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sub-Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Afro-Asiatic
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by happycow View Post
    Why were you banned?
    It did not state a reason

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,244
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Educated ?

It's very weird to me, because I oftentimes encounter Muslims who try to be seen as "intellectuals" yet fully believe many backward beliefs and theories that seem incompatible with modern life. Many of them try to tell me how the Muslim world was among the most advanced in science and technology, yet at the same time think it's wrong for a woman to show any skin and to do anything else other than producing babies.--Swarty_syndicate

Liberals think they are educated and think certain beliefs are backward but they are myopic. Better educated nowadays means being brainwashed for the most part :

Free Thought and Official Propaganda" is a speech (and subsequent publication) delivered in 1922 by Bertrand Russell on the importance of unrestricted freedom of expression in society, and the problem of the state and political class interfering in this through control of education, fines, economic leverage, and distortion of evidence.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free...ial_Propaganda

Truth does not reside in the scientific world since it is inductive and always changing. The prevailing modern conventional wisdom is a fad and delusion like other periods of history.

For instance , the idea of men and women being equal seems to be bullshit meant to feminize men making it easier for government beaurocrats to manipulate them.

Also, racism is currently like sex was during the Victorian era. It stupid to think future generations will necessarily look back and think liberals are correct on racial issues. They might but they probably won't

Truth actually only exists in the field of pure mathematics and applied mathematics is a little more problematic but applied mathematics is not so flattering to minorities etc...I am getting off topic here because you are smug liberal who assumes all other beliefs are backwards meanwhile you are not doing pure mathematics so you are talking complete nonsense here.
    Last edited by JamesBond007; 06-14-2021 at 11:19 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information