Savage
    Religion
    dem boobiez
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,088
    Given: 3,785

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by European blood View Post
    ... citing mass Stalin-era deportations...
    I don't see how Russians of today responsible for what happened under Stalin's rule and atrocities commited by Commies. If anything Russians actually the ones who suffered most and very often from members of Baltic states and other ethnic minorities who were one of the most prominent forces supporting Bolsheviks. These guys basically served as foundation for Red Army.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    I don't see how Russians of today responsible for what happened under Stalin's rule and atrocities commited by Commies. If anything Russians actually the ones who suffered most and very often from members of Baltic states and other ethnic minorities who were one of the most prominent forces supporting Bolsheviks. These guys basically served as foundation for Red Army.
    I don't think that compensation is a real thing either and that it should be required from Russians who aren't the richest people anyway... Recognozing that occupations did happen would be better and more real imo. But even this step is so hard.

Last Online
    01-07-2015 @ 09:50 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Latin America
    Ancestry
    there have been lombards, Piamentese, Gallegos & Vascos
    Taxonomy
    mediterranid I suppose
    Religion
    Christian reformed + empathy for some old Andean beliefs
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sevruk View Post
    "would have" "would have" this is bullshit
    problem Lithuanians (Latvians, Estonians, Poles) is that you are living in the past
    Baltic countries, I do not knwo much aboutt o judge but about Poles, I herd theyare, as said Anusiya, are doing really very well.
    They economy has been in continious growing forvthe last 20 years.

0 Not allowed!

By the way...:

International views

Most Western Bloc governments maintained that Baltic sovereignty had not been legitimately been overridden[63] and thus continued to recognize the Baltic states as sovereign political entities represented by the legations appointed by the pre-1940 Baltic states which functioned in Washington and elsewhere.[64]

The Baltic states,[65][66] the United States[67][68] and its courts of law,[69] the European Parliament,[70][71][72] the European Court of Human Rights[73] and the United Nations Human Rights Council[74] have all stated that these three countries were invaded, occupied and illegally incorporated into the Soviet Union under provisions[75] of the 1939 Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact, first by the Soviet Union, then by Nazi Germany from 1941 to 1944, and again by the Soviet Union from 1944 to 1991.[76][77][78][79][80][81][82][83] This policy of non-recognition has given rise to the principle of legal continuity, which holds that de jure, the Baltic states have remained independent states under illegal occupation throughout the period 1940–91.[84][85][86]

Of course, opinion of some obviously uneducated and arrogant internet person is really valuable. Loser.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,710
    Given: 5,851

0 Not allowed!

Russia wants compensation for the plants, factories, schools, nuclear power plants, which it built in Lithuania.
    Trying to imply the nations didn't have National Income, Expenditure and Output. It's not as simple as we gave you this & that.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 1810-2010 View Post
    Baltic countries, I do not knwo much aboutt o judge but about Poles, I herd theyare, as said Anusiya, are doing really very well.
    They economy has been in continious growing forvthe last 20 years.
    Those pro-soviet peole simply can't comprehend that Baltic states can do fine without interruption of Russia or Soviet Union.

They have this image about the glorious past of Soviet Union and can't understand that it actually meant steps backwards for the people of Baltic States. Many people emigrate for shorter or longer time to the West and see the difference. It's all very logical actually, they are only butthurt that people of Baltic states don't share nostalgia for Soviet Union. These pro-soviet people themselves are living in the past.
    Last edited by member; 08-27-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Last Online
    01-30-2024 @ 04:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Rus
    Ethnicity
    Rus
    Ancestry
    Rus
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    Rus
    mtDNA
    Rus
    Taxonomy
    Rus
    Politics
    Rus
    Religion
    Rus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,447
    Given: 687

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Human_Master View Post
    This is not bullshit because it showed our potential.

So you think living in the past means objective evaluation of the past?

you talk about schools, but forget that they helped to raise homo sovieticus. we didn't need such schools. we only wanted to do things our own way in our own lands, is it so hard for you to comprehend it?
    I think you have a butthurt, go to the doctor

0 Not allowed!

I think you have a butthurt, go to the doctor
    I'm not butthurt, it's you people(Hochmeister and you) who have comprehension problems (or is it your sight bad?). Read my post above. I have explained it.

Butthurt. What I silly word. When you talk about such things, you don't use word buthhurt.

We are living in 21th century. Why this history interpretation that sounds like Soviet propaganda???

Last Online
    06-11-2020 @ 12:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sarmatian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Wild Steppe
    Taxonomy
    Archaic Übermensch
    Politics
    Savage
    Religion
    dem boobiez
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,088
    Given: 3,785

0 Not allowed!

This thread is a good example of how games of politics create tensions between common folks of different ethnicities.

Balts should not complain because they contributed to creation of the force that destroyed Russian Empire and later turned on them. Its plain retarded to complain about 'evil Russian commies' because they were Russian, Latvian, Ukrainian, Tatar, Georgian etc. Some commissars were even black American citizen so you should go ask USA or Nigeria for compensation

On the other hands the attempts of some Russians to justify annexation of Baltic states as if it was good for them is pathetic. Its seems like you really feel some sort of guilt for the occupation. Personally I don't feel like responsible for the actions of mad political genius of Georgian-Ossetian origin 60-70 years ago.

Balts didn't like it, they didn't want it, they wanted to be separated so it was unjust. Let them be!!! If they will manage good on their own Russia will get a successful prosperous neighbour If not then we will mock them later for their stupidity

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-19-2015 @ 01:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 895
    Given: 497

0 Not allowed!

I honestly don't know if these demands of compensation are justified, but there isn't any point denying the Russian Federation is the successor state to the Soviet Union:

The Russian Federation was declared the USSR's successor state on the grounds that it contained 51% of the population of the USSR and 77% of its territory. In consequence, Russia and the United Nations agreed that it would acquire the USSR's seat as a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council. All Soviet embassies became Russian embassies.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information