Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: 10-20% of Ashkenazi Jews can pass utterly unnoticed in the British isles

Last Online
    03-12-2024 @ 11:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    White
    Ancestry
    Tosk Highlander
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Apathetic
    Religion
    Apathetic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 508
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Creoda View Post
    It's also arbitary. My idea of passing is different from someone else's - a lot of people probably think passing is someone who could be mistaken for something, which is a pointless measurement between 'Whites' for the reasons you stated, most Europeans could 'pass atypically' in most of the rest of Europe by these standards. I would consider passing as someone who would rarely if ever be guessed as foreign IRL, based on looks. And then specifically looking something is another thing altogether.
    What I mean by passing is if they were in the British isles and they lived among the populace nobody would ever think they had foreign ancestry. They would just think their indigenous white britons. If one day a Jew decided to mention their ethnicity then folks would go like “huh, I hadn’t thought you were special in any way I just assumed you to be a regular English/Scottish/Welsh bloke”

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    White
    Ancestry
    Tosk Highlander
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Apathetic
    Religion
    Apathetic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    That's actually incredibly irellevant statement, Jews come in many shapes, some can be even 100% genetically British and be jews. It's like saying some Americans can pass as Brits unnoticed.
    Ashkenazi Jews cluster with other ashkenazi Jews, they form a distinctive ethnicity. What you said is like saying that Britains can be 100% genetically Nigerian and still be British. In some aspects, yes, in others, not so much.

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,142
    Given: 9,067

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoihey View Post
    Ashkenazi Jews cluster with other ashkenazi Jews, they form a distinctive ethnicity. What you said is like saying that Britains can be 100% genetically Nigerian and still be British. In some aspects, yes, in others, not so much.
    Bullshit, yes an average ashkenazi can cluster doesn't mean all Ashkenazi are like that. You realize when a woman marries an Ashkenazi she becomes an Ashkenazi????? Oh surprise she could be British insane how can they look like Brits when you can literally show milions of examples like this. Those who look like Brits can most certainly be genetically Brits, so you don't make any sense.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    White
    Ancestry
    Tosk Highlander
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Apathetic
    Religion
    Apathetic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon96 View Post
    Inbreeding doesn't affect appearance as far as I know. It can give defects and deformites, but those who are inbred and healthy don't show these symptoms. An inbred half- MENA and half-Euro who turns out healthy will still show influence from both groups. Maybe climate changed their looks?
    The whole reason why ethnicities cluster with each other and share certain features is because of inbreeding. Korean people wouldn’t look the way they did if tens of thousands of years ago, a perticularly odd looking man had children with his cousin, also perticularly odd looking (for the time) and their small tight knit clan spread to an uninhabited area and kept interbreeding for thousands of years. It’s the reason why whites and Asians and Indians look the way they do.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-01-2021 @ 01:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Northern Europe
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 98

0 Not allowed!

The whole reason why ethnicities cluster with each other and share certain features is because of inbreeding. Korean people wouldn’t look the way they did if tens of thousands of years ago, a perticularly odd looking man had children with his cousin, also perticularly odd looking (for the time) and their small tight knit clan spread to an uninhabited area and kept interbreeding for thousands of years. It’s the reason why whites and Asians and Indians look the way they do.
    This is after a long long time of interbreeding. Have Jews been in Europe for that long?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    White
    Ancestry
    Tosk Highlander
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Apathetic
    Religion
    Apathetic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    Bullshit, yes an average ashkenazi can cluster doesn't mean all Ashkenazi are like that. You realize when a woman marries an Ashkenazi she becomes an Ashkenazi????? Oh surprise she could be British insane how can they look like Brits when you can literally show milions of examples like this. Those who look like Brits can most certainly be genetically Brits, so you don't make any sense.
    Well most Jews (orthodox in particular) are genetically Jewish(intermarriage only becoming a factor in the last 50 years), that’s why I decided to post pictures of those folks. In all likelihood, they are Jewish by ethnicity. There are certainly some converts, but they are very few in number as Judaism doesn’t proselytize and converts generally don’t convert to Orthodox Judaism. Many of the folks in my pictures are Haredim and you can count the number of converts they accept in a decade on your 2 hands.
    Last edited by Hoihey; 03-03-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:31 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austrian
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21/U106/M405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,519
    Given: 8,746

0 Not allowed!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    White
    Ancestry
    Tosk Highlander
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Apathetic
    Religion
    Apathetic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Null

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    White
    Ancestry
    Tosk Highlander
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Apathetic
    Religion
    Apathetic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon96 View Post
    This is after a long long time of interbreeding. Have Jews been in Europe for that long?
    The ones from West/Central and Eastern Europe have been living there for about 2000 years.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-24-2024 @ 09:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post
    I only recently learned Kirk Douglas was an (100%) Ashkenazi Jew. Nothing about his appearance suggested to me he had any ancestry besides NW European
    I've always known he was Jewish, so I may be biased, but I think he actually does look Jewish, especially as he aged (the '70s). The eyes, as so often is the case with Jews, are a clue. His son, despite being only half Jewish, looks even more so in my opinion.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information