View Poll Results: Do Portuguese look closer to Moroccans or Swedish?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • closer to Swedish

28 36.36%
  • both in equal measure

13 16.88%
  • closer to Moroccans

36 46.75%
Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL - Portuguese look closer to Moroccans or Swedish? (read OP at least)

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 23,946

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Neither. On the other hand, if the comparison were with Turks or even Lebanese I would choose them over Swedes (compared to Moroccans, those West Asian groups are somewhat lighter, have many pan-Med types and have nothing like the SSA admixture many Moroccans have).
    juajuajua

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
    Moroccans are Africans!!! They do not look White!!! We have a good number of Moroccan immigrants in my country. I don’t even know why people would bother comparing them to the Portuguese. The Portuguese are Europeans. Some Moroccans even look like the product of mixture between a Proper Negro and a European, others look like a bunch of happy Arabs! On the other hand, the Portuguese are just a bunch of Proper White Meds, with a small minority of Atlantids and even Nordids ( Keltic or Hallstatt usually), occasionally Alpinids or Dinarids. The Portuguese looks more like a Spaniard or Italian or Greek or a Bulgarian than a Moroccan in general. Moorish admixture is found, but less dominant than the overall European blood.
    Moorish admixture is also found in Belgians
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...dmatch-results

Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 03:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry iberian, german, italian
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,167
    Given: 4,757

0 Not allowed!

Actually, some Portuguese can be confused with Moroccans in Belgium?, because if Laly says that he can differentiate the Portuguese from the Belgians, is it because he knows them? Or maybe most Belgians are like Kevin de Bruyne.
    The Portuguese exotics that Laly publishes are more like Kayblades and Algerian Berbers than Moroccans.

Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 03:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry iberian, german, italian
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,167
    Given: 4,757

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon2 View Post
    Do you really believe that these people can remotely look like Swedes but not like Moroccans? I hope to share the same glasses measurement regarding this, and say no in response.

[/SPOILER]
    Illojuan is a crack but it is true that it is a bit exotic perhaps because of its pigmentation and its eyes.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-11-2023 @ 03:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    waka waka
    Country
    Hong-Kong
    Y-DNA
    R-L151
    Taxonomy
    Like Mowgli, but Romanian
    Hero
    the girl reading this 😍😍
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,188
    Given: 3,105

0 Not allowed!

WORST THEY COULD LOOK LIKE SPANIARDS

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Coimbra, born and raised (old man from Santo Tirso)
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Hero
    Eru Ilúvatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,514
    Given: 4,452

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilcar View Post
    Are you talking about your own people ? :

we clearly see the difference between a spaniard and a maghrebi :

also the most famous moroccan member looks nothing like iberians :

Well, this one is a bit of a darker than average selection of Iberians, not to imply you don't know that though . That group photo with the guys from Cartagena is the darkest I know group photo of Spaniars, like Esgaio's wedding is of the Portuguese. And it's warm season, and they're tanned, and their beards make them look more jihadists, like they do to me kkkkk. It's cool, if you're lighter you can look like a Viking, and if you're darker you can look like a terrorist . But there's also the blond guy on the lower right corner. Cut him off and you might have a point

--------

Busquets in the 2010 team:

------------

Zidane is more Euro looking than average for a Kabyle.
    And my old friend Nass, Jesus, he's looking pale! Did quarentine did that to him xd? Would you say untanned him can have a lighter skin tone than many untanned Riffians, or not? I got pretty white myself in exposed areas, during quarentine (we still are in quarentine), but have been going out a lot during day with friends, and my usual colour is getting back. (me, some 45 minuts ago, here on the Eastern limits of Calembel):

Last edited by hurtuv; 03-08-2021 at 10:14 AM.
    “Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects with everything else.”
    -Leonardo da Vinci
    Quote Originally Posted by barnumandbailey View Post
    Women have hair so that you can grab them while you’re pounding from behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by michal3141 View Post
    Don't worry Roy. We're talking about some profound unsolved problem in science of computing (computer science).
    Quote Originally Posted by solarisregvm View Post
    You sound like an authority of people who know naked portuguese people ......
    Classify Hurtuv and Family 2022
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...nd-Family-2022

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Hero
    Eru Ilúvatar
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Luso View Post
    The question itself isn't a good one, I'm sorry hurtuv, but it makes people like me and others sound like we think Portugal isn't European, lol. I think the idea of comparing our country to one of the most nordic countries in Europe is just too much, as probably 5% of our total population looks swedish??? Maybe even less. And yes, I could have phrased that better. In my interpretation, we look more similar to Morocco than to Sweden - in the big picture, and it is due to that smaller but larger overlapping population of maybe 10-15% people that can fit in Morocco, and vice versa, and of which is definitely larger than the population that can fit in Sweden. And this is inevitable as we naturally closer to Northern Africa in proximity, have a very similar strong sun, especially in the southern regions of the country, and people will be darker, and less nordic looking if you look at the majority... so they will probably fit better with the overlapping Moroccan population that is going to be more Mediterranean looking, and that is probably also only around 15% of Morocco's population itself, maybe less but still more than sweden's. So my statement isn't to say we are indistinguishable, lmao that would be ridiculous, instead, it is just my small interpretation on small segments of all of these populations and saying we are more likely to fit with our neighbors than to Nords. You may say: "But we are closer to Sweden genetically", sure but that doesn't make us look closer to swedes than to other southern Europeans, and that definitely doesn't mean we have a higher chance of looking like swedes than we do to the inevitable westasian, north african overlap (even though we aren't genetically close) which occurs in our latitudes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas View Post
    So, the idea of comparing us to Sweden is just too much but to Morocco is completely understandable? Are you even aware of what Moroccans look like? The bigger picture is that you are not aware of what percentage passes or not on each country and you just speculate on percentual numbers that are not supported by any genetic or scientific evidence.

Yes, Morocco is closer to the Iberian Peninsula. It is also closer to Gambia than to Saudi Arabia and therefore Moroccans overlap better in Gambia...once and for all, when will people understand that geography doesn't correlate with genetics. People won't be born with darker or blonder hair based on "how hot the sun is", otherwise there wouldn't be people with fair complexion in the Algarve and Andalusia and everybody in Siberia would be platinum blonde. Someone's physical attributes are always the result of their genetic profile, not a result of climate conditions (unless we are talking on a evolutionary scale\ladder of hundreds of thousands or even millions of years, which is what it takes for such mutations to happen and which is not the case).
    The Blade did extensive enough studies on the three countries. I have to go with his passability analysis more Luso, but it's ok to share yours ofc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by IberianAlex View Post
    Haha, these sorts of threads always do

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Laly View Post
    Thank you, yes it's a very beautiful place. This is a picture I like very much of one of my aunts, in the family vineyard:

And yes, I do think many Portuguese look like the ones from your links. In the second link, for ex., the guy in the front good easily pass as Moroccan, at least on that picture: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...s-As-a-Group-2

Oh, you didn't know I am of Portuguese descent. My ancestry is written on my profile. Where did you think I'm from, then?
    Didn't notice it, thought you were more from Eastern Europe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So these portuguese are closer to Swedes ? :

there is no evidence of this and even if he was what's the problem ? They also posted moroccan mulattoes
    Quote Originally Posted by lustermoo View Post
    There is evidence it’s known his grandfather is 100% black from Sao Tomé and he’s stated it in interviews too.
    And with all honesty, Black Moroccans/Moroccan octoroons/quadroons are just part of the country historically and present, it’s not cherry picking if they’re posting who just played in Portugal, there were still berbers in those pics anyways as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Besides the cases that were already stated, I can say Rita Pereira's father has very likely black ancestry (doesn't look tanned, as such)

Fernando Meira looks off, he's just out of the fully native Portuguese spectrum, most likely; seems clear to me

and Costinha there, from my city, as everyone else posted, can be more tanned, or not

nearest exxon mobil

(on an unrelated note, here's another two guys with the same nickname)

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
    Moroccans are Africans!!! They do not look White!!! We have a good number of Moroccan immigrants in my country. I don’t even know why people would bother comparing them to the Portuguese. The Portuguese are Europeans. Some Moroccans even look like the product of mixture between a Proper Negro and a European, others look like a bunch of happy Arabs! On the other hand, the Portuguese are just a bunch of Proper White Meds, with a small minority of Atlantids and even Nordids ( Keltic or Hallstatt usually), occasionally Alpinids or Dinarids. The Portuguese looks more like a Spaniard or Italian or Greek or a Bulgarian than a Moroccan in general. Moorish admixture is found, but less dominant than the overall European blood.
    Atlantid is a phenotype that often gets mistaken with Atlanto-Med, because they're not so different really, and here, because "muh Portugal" xd; and these two, together with Nordo-Meds, make for the most common ones here, according to The Blade. And it does seem accurate enough, by my experience. Of course, if you sum up all the others, from Berberids to Tronders, they may be more common than those three togheter.
    Idk if there was some problem with the sampling in Blade's studies of Bulgaria and Ireland, but I stand by him with he's studies for the most part, at least; and for Morocco, Portugal (have some doubts about excessive rufosity though, but this may be explained by the numbers and criteria for what he calls "reddish brown", and summer pics with lighter hair than in winter, so it may be not so unaccurate; even my dark ash brown hair has been captured with reddish tones, under unusual lighting conditions, and possibly after or during a season of lots of sun exposure) and Sweden.

Last edited by hurtuv; 03-08-2021 at 10:50 AM.
    -Leonardo da Vinci
    Don't worry Roy. We're talking about some profound unsolved problem in science of computing (computer science).

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,451
    Given: 7,900

1 Not allowed!

5% seems too small, it's easily 20-30% on the iberian side (5% of NAs who overlap with euros seems reasonable)
    You're so unironically OWD it can't be a subject of joking anymore.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Banned
    Last Online
    05-30-2022 @ 10:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    արաբ
    Country
    Morocco
    Region
    Brussels
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,065
    Given: 3,120

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    You're so unironically OWD it can't be a subject of joking anymore.
    what a random greek like you who never went to spain or morocco knows about these two countries ? Also how can it be "OWD" when I say that only 5% can overlap with europeans ?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Hero
    Eru Ilúvatar
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laly View Post
    Thank you, yes it's a very beautiful place. This is a picture I like very much of one of my aunts, in the family vineyard:

And yes, I do think many Portuguese look like the ones from your links. In the second link, for ex., the guy in the front good easily pass as Moroccan, at least on that picture: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...s-As-a-Group-2

Oh, you didn't know I am of Portuguese descent. My ancestry is written on my profile. Where did you think I'm from, then?
    That friend of mine gets ginger beard when he grows it out, but yeah, I agree. Hamilcar, does he pass? How typical?
    Conversely, the guy to his left can pass in Sweden imo.
    -Leonardo da Vinci

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,451
    Given: 7,900

2 Not allowed!

what a random greek like you who never went to spain or morocco knows about these two countries ? Also how can it be "OWD" when I say that only 5% can overlap with europeans ?
    You're backpeddaling now, classic. But I have your comments as proof that you're OWD.

As for me, I've seen Iberians and North Africans alike. They're completely different.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread Information