PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Slavic infighting - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Slavic infighting

Banned
    Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 11:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,410
    Given: 27,480

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by michal3141 View Post
    I wouldn't say it is only language. Slovenians are closer genetically to Belarusians than Italians from Veneto who are their neighbours geographically!
    From Ljubljana to Minsk there is about 1270 km (+ Carpathian Mountains), from Ljubljana to Veneto only 180 km.
    I am talking about autosomal genetics which is more relevant, not some haplogroups nonsense.

I would say Slavs are very close by language, culture and genetics.
    I am not saying we are the same but still much closer than many people imagine.

I think the biggest problem for our Slavic identity is the West. Slavs are looking to the West and don't know much about their Slavic neigbours.

In case of autosomal genetics Hungarians are also close to Slavs as well and it doesn't make them Slavic. That's one of the reasons why I don't count genetics as part of Slavic term. Many people imagine we are close, that's why all post communist countries are called Eastern European. This simplification exists strongly in mind of many ordinary people.

Slavic identity was kind of reborn with pan-Slavic idea, especially in XIX century. It's popular mostly for people that think it could be used only for interests of their nation and that their issues would be the most important in that case. It simply doesn't work like that imo.

We can be close by culture in meaning where there are no other groups close to us. On the other hand it doesn't mean there are no differences for example if I am not wrong only Serbs celebrate Slava. Even culture between regions is different, just let's look on East Poland vs Silesia. The differences exist not only because some forced Slavs to split, it was also aware decision that for example Ukrainians feel different to Russians etc

About looking to West, every country in the world used to look on America and takes all cultural influence from there in matters of pop culture but also "deep culture" just because it has power(yet). When China will take more and more power it will get more attention what can be seen already. It's natural we try to follow those who have power

Of course it's just my opinion, I hope I made it clear what is the reasoning of my thinking, it's the only aim of this reply. Sorry for long post

Last Online
    04-12-2024 @ 04:15 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balto-Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Region
    Lesser Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Y23110
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized East Nordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,760
    Given: 5,256

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Satem View Post
    In case of autosomal genetics Hungarians are also close to Slavs as well and it doesn't make them Slavic. That's one of the reasons why I don't count genetics as part of Slavic term. Many people imagine we are close, that's why all post communist countries are called Eastern European. This simplification exists strongly in mind of many ordinary people.

Slavic identity was kind of reborn with pan-Slavic idea, especially in XIX century. It's popular mostly for people that think it could be used only for interests of their nation and that their issues would be the most important in that case. It simply doesn't work like that imo.

We can be close by culture in meaning where there are no other groups close to us. On the other hand it doesn't mean there are no differences for example if I am not wrong only Serbs celebrate Slava. Even culture between regions is different, just let's look on East Poland vs Silesia. The differences exist not only because some forced Slavs to split, it was also aware decision that for example Ukrainians feel different to Russians etc

About looking to West, every country in the world used to look on America and takes all cultural influence from there in matters of pop culture but also "deep culture" just because it has power(yet). When China will take more and more power it will get more attention what can be seen already. It's natural we try to follow those who have power

Of course it's just my opinion, I hope I made it clear what is the reasoning of my thinking, it's the only aim of this reply. Sorry for long post
    You are of course correct with your remarks. I understand your point. However, I would like to elaborate on my opinion a bit more.

I don't think Hungarians are the very good example. Of course there are close friends historically but still with very different language.
    For me language and genetics are very important factors and must go together.
    You can feel it when you travel abroad.
    When you visit Lvov you can talk in Polish and be understood, people on the streets look very similar to Poles, you feel basically at home.
    When you visit Spain or Italy it is a different story completely. Different language, different phenotypes, different mentality.

You've mentioned cultural differences. Of course there are many differences! Everywhere in the world.
    For instance, Northern Chinese are very different from Southern Chinese. Both by language and by genetics.
    They are more different than Russians and Macedonians both by genetics and their original language.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,923
    Given: 18,998

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by michal3141 View Post
    I think the biggest problem for our Slavic identity is the West. Slavs are looking to the West and don't know much about their Slavic neigbours.
    Slavs are more compatible with the Jews/Israel than with the West, probably:

Last edited by Peterski; 03-27-2021 at 09:04 PM.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,284
    Given: 8,195

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vrazijadivizija View Post
    Religion wouldnt change the views of the Slavs toward the others just because of the faith in the same stuff..nothing would be diffrent,there would still be bloodshed t
    I don't think we can tell. Common religious affiliance is always a bonding factor.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    EstoRian
    Ancestry
    Russia, East Ukraine, Adyghea
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Truly sovereign states
    Religion
    Humanism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,642
    Given: 5,915

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    Russian-Polish bittery
    On TA this bitterness is almost exclusively by Ulev and Rethel even though they'd deny it too.
    Do what you should.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Satem View Post
    In case of autosomal genetics Hungarians are also close to Slavs as well and it doesn't make them Slavic. That's one of the reasons why I don't count genetics as part of Slavic term.
    That's because Hungarians are genetically more Slavic than anything else. Slavic genetics is a fact and we know what it looks like.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Moje ime View Post
    Yes! Half of Slavs are German's puppets, let's be honest.
    Division started with Catholicism.
    Slavs were separated by religion before Catholicism and Orthodoxy existed, and western Christian Slavs were baptised before eastern ones. Your lack of education is amusing.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    EstoRian
    Ancestry
    Russia, East Ukraine, Adyghea
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Truly sovereign states
    Religion
    Humanism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,642
    Given: 5,915

0 Not allowed!

And Rethel wouldn't limit himself with Russians as for him Orthodoxy is idolatry. Well, it's Rethel.
    Do what you should.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,284
    Given: 8,195

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumata View Post
    On TA this bitterness is almost exclusively by Ulev and Rethel even though they'd deny it too.
    And Rethel wouldn't limit himself with Russians as for him Orthodoxy is idolatry. Well, it's Rethel.
    No need to go over the egde, they are both idiots.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 11:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,410
    Given: 27,480

0 Not allowed!

As well as the only Russians taking part in such discussions are you and KirillMazur

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information