Hi everyone, I have aquired a 2003 Trafic DCi100 swb that I am eventually going to turn into a day van. I bought it knowing the rear door handle wasn't working and the side door needs a "good slam" to shut it.
Anyhow, this morning I set about fixing the problems. The side door needs new middle rollers and a new middle track as the worn roller has actually worn through the metal track, but with a little fettling it now shuts as it should, the worn part of the track has actually worn through and the roller has caused the track to buckle as it curves around the opening. a coupe of whacks with a hammer and chisel have fixed it for now, but wont be using it due to this.
The rear door handle is a more permanent repair. the rod had come out of the little blue clip inside the door that is attached to the latch and no matter what I did, it just kept pinging back out when the handle was pulled.
I took out the 3 torx bolts holding the catch to the door, removed the rear panel, took off the rear handle (2 10mm nuts) and manouvered the catch so that I could get at it through the hole where the handle goes. I could then re attach the rod to the little blue clip and then to make sure it couldn't come off again put 2 cable ties around the bit that should clip to the rod. put it all back together and hey presto! It now works. Hope this idea helps someone else who needs a quick fix.