Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why there is a stereotype or misinformation in the heads of people that Russia is not truly white

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    I didnt said it is important to have a white identity, i didnt think about it, or have a strong opinion on it, you can have a french or english or russian identity, but the message is that russia is european. Lets replace white "with european". Russia has a large part in Asia, but they originated in Europe, and they expanded into asia, conquered and colonised those parts, similar as northamericans did. Many dont understand that.
    Broham, if it is not important then Russians should not care either way and the thread would be kind of pointless.

Anyway, Russians are far eastern slavs. Western Europeans look down on Eastern Europeans and Russia is not in NATO. Russia is not part of the EU either. Also, Russia is not democratic but more like China : autocratic.

Ascended into a higher realm
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 09:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,193
    Given: 58,968

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    Broham, if it is not important then Russians should not care either way and the thread would be kind of pointless.

Anyway, Russians ar far eastern slavs. Western Europeans look down on Eastern Europeans and Russia is not in NATO.
    There is a difference between white identity and being white, you can be white like you are human or primate, but not place it in a context of identity concept. Russians are Russians, but they are white.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]

Hm he has mastered chakra...can he do romjutsu... - Balkanforum user Floki
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Anyway, Russians are far eastern slavs. Western Europeans look down on Eastern Europeans and Russia is not in NATO. Russia is not part of the EU either. Also, Russia is not democratic but more like China : autocratic.
    I talked once to a guy, and we talked about the avars and huns who raided europe, "from the east" and he said nowadays we would call them russians, i said no russians are not huns or avars.

then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

There is a difference between white identity and being white, you can be white like you are human or primate, but not place it in a context of identity concept. Russians are Russians, but they are white.
    'White identity' is not sophisticated right now Russia is anti-British and anti-American.

Quick! I am a 'white man' and it is the year 1904 what side do I take? LULZ :

^'White Identity' = 0% sense

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

'White identity' is not sophisticated right now Russia is ant-British and anti-American.

Quick! I am a 'white man' and it is the year 1904 what side do I take? LULZ :

I think Russia is not really anti-british and american, but I think it is the other way around. But Trump was more tolerant to Russia, I think that the NATO or America is in the offensive. Be honest is russia anti-american or is america anti-russian? But I might be wrong about Russia. But I dont think that russia has the potential even to be anti-american.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:20 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

0 Not allowed!

That is important though, and not pointless. Because some think that way indeed. Even in Austria. I talked to a older woman and I said Russia is a European civilisation and she said "to me russia is just russia."
    Yes, that's actually quite true. Russians themselves generally have the same view, and likely do many individuals from various European ethnic groups.

I tend to agree with this viewpoint as well. Russia is just its own thing separate from anyone else.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I think Russia is not really anti-british and american, but I think it is the other way around. But Trump was more tolerant to Russia, I think that the NATO or America is in the offensive. Be honest is russia anti-american or is america anti-russian? But I might be wrong about Russia. But I dont think that russia has the potential even to be anti-american.
    1.) Russians got their ass kicked by the Japanese but that would never happen to real Europeans e.g. Germans or French or even British even though British do not like to identify as European.

2.) The Russian nobility spoke French then the Russian Bolsheviks killed them.

3.) If push comes to shove Russia would side China against the West if it had to

Russia is its own thing and Russia never properly integrated into Europe.

Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 02:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Eastern Europe
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Gibraltar
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    C4a
    Hero
    Jesus, James Clerk Maxwell, Plato, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Arvo Pärt, Gennady Golovkin
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,286
    Given: 1,535

1 Not allowed!

1.) Russians got their ass kicked by the Japanese but that would never happen to real Europeans e.g. Germans or French or even British even though British do not like to identify as European.

3.) If push comes to shove Russia would side China against the West if it had to

Russia is its own thing and Russia never properly integrated into Europe.
    Russians got their arse kicked by Chechens too. However even Americans have lost a war. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War So how do you know that Europeans would never lose a battle against Japanese? Indeed Western Europeans are more developed and usually have a better army but that doesn't mean that "real Europeans" can not lose a war. That said Russian army sucks, even if they have a lot of people, guns, bombs.

Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 02:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Eastern Europe
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Gibraltar
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    C4a
    Hero
    Jesus, James Clerk Maxwell, Plato, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Arvo Pärt, Gennady Golovkin
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,286
    Given: 1,535

0 Not allowed!

There are MENA/West Asian influenced Southern Europeans, North Asian influenced Finns and mongoloid influenced Russians (and other Slavs). Northern people look whiter but they are not more European than Southern people because of that. White means nothing here and Russians are not proper European, despite being usually white (even Eurasian Russians are quite white). Peter the Great modernized Russia and Russia is hugely influenced by European culture but right now Russians are not part of that culture and probably don't want to be part of that culture. It get's tricky tho because Russians in general are East Slavs (even if bunch of Russians are mixed) and most Russians live in Eastern European part of Russia and not Asian part of Russia. Russians are part of Eastern European culture in general, but modern Russia is own type of beast and doesn't want to be democratic (one thing making them different). White means nothing here.
    Russia is just Russia and includes Eurasian looking Russians (all kind of looks and people who are genetically not fully European) and fully European looking Russians, but culturally they can not be European if they don't want to be democratic and come along with other Europeans. Basically Russia is a Eurasian country having bunch of different looking people. White enough, but white European means nothing if the culture is not fully European. Poles can be considered European because their identity is European and they want to be European.

Last Online
    02-23-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian North, Middle Volga, Swabia
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,459
    Given: 1,193

1 Not allowed!

You writing like "bolsheviks killed french speaking nobility" hahaha
    Nobility in many parts of Europe in some time periods spoke French, in Russia they spoke Russian, French, German, Polish in 19th century Russian basicly. In 19th century Russia it were 2 main intellectual political movements opposite to each other: Slavophilia and Westernism. Actually Russia of second part of 19th century with its success and nobility is the result of the slavophil project that won, while the liberals and leftists were the opposite westernists. Bolsheviks were the radical westernists often of non-russian origin and they killed russian nobility by language, culture and spirit and just killed the people that could hinder their project based on material western philosophy and supported by West before total USSR isolation.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information