Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: How caucasoid is the Northeast of Brazil?

Last Online
    03-10-2024 @ 10:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Portuguese (North and Azores) Italian (Veneto) Native and SSA minor
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,745
    Given: 749

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hasien View Post
    This Is just a Latin American thing l0l, If you think apricity it's an exception wait until you visit other online forums where there's Latin Americans they always end up discussion about race , Latm country economics etc .
    Not generalizing, because I know that not all Mexicans are like that. But I realize that many of these people are Mexican.

Last Online
    03-21-2023 @ 02:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Latin.
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized Gracile-Med
    Politics
    I don't give a fuck about it.
    Hero
    Nobody
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,835
    Given: 5,025

1 Not allowed!

This Is just a Latin American thing l0l, If you think apricity it's an exception wait until you visit other online forums where there's Latin Americans they always end up discussion about race , Latm country economics etc .
    Well, on City Data I have seen lot's of discussions on races, demographics, ancestry, and even genetics, LOL.

Alexandro

2 Not allowed!

I have never met a Latino IRL that cares about things like admixture percentages, although I do remember some Cubans in Miami would call the Nicoyas and other Central Americans things like "tira flecha" and whatnot, yes.

Last Online
    03-21-2023 @ 02:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Latin.
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized Gracile-Med
    Politics
    I don't give a fuck about it.
    Hero
    Nobody
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,835
    Given: 5,025

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IberianAlex View Post
    I have never met a Latino IRL that cares about things like admixture percentages, although I do remember some Cubans in Miami would call the Nicoyas and other Central Americans things like "tira flecha" and whatnot, yes.
    Neither have I, only myself, but I only started to care about these stuffs later in life, during teenager years.

In the case of Brazil, it's common for people to have no clue about their origins.

If they are mix of recent Euro ancestry + old stock, they'll say "I'm descendant of (insert: Portuguese, Italian, German, Spanish) with Brazilian, and this Brazilian part they act like it had sprouted here, with no foreign ancestry, when it's just Portuguese mixed with Amerindian/SSA.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2021 @ 12:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 761
    Given: 635

0 Not allowed!

Yes, the vast majority don't talk about that. You'll have some people like me who cares about race, but not in an extremist way. (that is, I care about the existence of White Europeans, but do not think we are superior, should enslave others, etc). I know that sounds weird because I'm Brazilian, and most Brazilians are mixed, but there are many families in here who didn't mix, especially considering that my region only had European immigrants before the arrival of mixed-race foreigners, so they wouldn't have a chance of mixing even if they wanted to. I really love Europe and I know she lives in me.

Alexandro

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Latinus View Post
    Neither have I, only myself, but I only started to care about these stuffs later in life, during teenager years.

In the case of Brazil, it's common for people to have no clue about their origins.

If they are mix of recent Euro ancestry + old stock, they'll say "I'm descendant of (insert: Portuguese, Italian, German, Spanish) with Brazilian, and this Brazilian part they act like it had sprouted here, with no foreign ancestry, when it's just Portuguese mixed with Amerindian/SSA.
    Yeah, I see. Although, honestly I think this is almost preferable to the mentality Americans have where the last thing they want to call themselves is just "American" though, it leads to less division if everyone identifies on a national basis instead of dividing themselves on biological race, imo. I mean, even in Spain we are the product of our own kind of mestizaje (like all of Europe)....its just muuuuch older, you know? I do find these kind of anthrotard discussions interesting though, yes.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2021 @ 12:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 761
    Given: 635

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDarkAge View Post
    Yes, the vast majority don't talk about that. You'll have some people like me who cares about race, but not in an extremist way. (that is, I care about the existence of White Europeans, but do not think we are superior, should enslave others, etc). I know that sounds weird because I'm Brazilian, and most Brazilians are mixed, but there are many families in here who didn't mix, especially considering that my region only had European immigrants before the arrival of mixed-race foreigners, so they wouldn't have a chance of mixing even if they wanted to. I really love Europe and I know she lives in me.

Furthermore, I considered making an American account before I joined. Pretending to be American would prevent people from thinking, "he's an ethnonationalist and a Brazilian, well he must be a trirracial pardo with OWD". Real tough.

Alexandro

1 Not allowed!

You have all the right in the world to identify with your ancestors, don't let ANYONE take that away from you just because people have idiotic stereotypes about the country you're from.

Daven

0 Not allowed!

Are Miami Cubans racist? Do they really think they are better?

Last Online
    03-10-2024 @ 10:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Portuguese (North and Azores) Italian (Veneto) Native and SSA minor
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,745
    Given: 749

1 Not allowed!

Furthermore, I considered making an American account before I joined. Pretending to be American would prevent people from thinking, "he's an ethnonationalist and a Brazilian, well he must be a trirracial pardo with OWD". Real tough.
    But this forum here is full of toxic people, my friend, mainly people like fat Americans, and northern Europeans, it is not because you are Brazilian, and our country is full of stereotypes. Just see how southern Europeans are treated by some people here for them the peoples of southern Europe are "tri-racial" (Moorish, Gypsy and Jew) and don't even talk about the Menas, who seem to be nice people but are treated well monkeys just because they are mena.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information