Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do Georgians have any actual Steppe ancestry?

Last Online
    01-22-2023 @ 10:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    74.31% W. Eurasian + 11.42% E. Eurasian + 5.42% S. Eurasian + 8.85% Basal Eurasian/African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,249
    Given: 524

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFlash View Post
    Because running models would alleviate all doubts as far the validity of your rants and would put a massive dent on the integrity of G25, if not completely nullify it as a proper genetics tool.
    You’re naďve to think that my friend. Many will never give up on G25 since that’s one of the few things they can run.

To them it doesn’t matter if the distances between Africans and Eurasians with G25 are screwed up just like it doesn’t matter if it shows Georgians with 0 Steppe.

There’s a nice English expression “they can’t see the forest for the trees” that perfectly fits alot of kids here and on other forums.

If I show them a qpAdm model showing different results and since they wouldn’t be able to disprove it they’ll take the cowardly way out and say I cheated or the samples are not representative.

There’s no logic. They do the same nonsense with Dilawer. Like he has nothing better to do than spend thousands of dollars maintaining a website and spending hundreds of hours on research just to artificially make Kurds have more steppe ancestry. When you deal with people like this there’s no logic or rhyme or reason.

Now they’re coming up with “simulated” genomes to make Arabian models work. It doesn’t occur to anyone that if distances are wrong it means coordinates are wrong and if coordinates are wrong then models are wrong. Nevermind all the scientific papers detailing issues with PCA based systems like G25. No one understands those papers anyways.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian‏‏‎
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,170
    Given: 9

1 Not allowed!

Some do have Steppe ancestry, others don't.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,588
    Given: 8,908

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    You’re naďve to think that my friend. Many will never give up on G25 since that’s one of the few things they can run.

To them it doesn’t matter if the distances between Africans and Eurasians with G25 are screwed up just like it doesn’t matter if it shows Georgians with 0 Steppe.

There’s a nice English expression “they can’t see the forest for the trees” that perfectly fits alot of kids here and on other forums.

If I show them a qpAdm model showing different results and since they wouldn’t be able to disprove it they’ll take the cowardly way out and say I cheated or the samples are not representative.

There’s no logic. They do the same nonsense with Dilawer. Like he has nothing better to do than spend thousands of dollars maintaining a website and spending hundreds of hours on research just to artificially make Kurds have more steppe ancestry. When you deal with people like this there’s no logic or rhyme or reason.

Now they’re coming up with “simulated” genomes to make Arabian models work. It doesn’t occur to anyone that if distances are wrong it means coordinates are wrong and if coordinates are wrong then models are wrong. Nevermind all the scientific papers detailing issues with PCA based systems like G25. No one understands those papers anyways.
    Then leave our threads for fuck's sake and stop promoting Dilawer while simultaneously attacking G25 at every opportunity. We will do without you just fine, believe me!

"G25 is bullshit, Dilawer is the best geneticist but I won't show you any model because you all are pricks and don't deserve my time".

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,923
    Given: 18,998

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    and stop promoting Dilawer
    I think Zoro = Dilawer, so let him promote himself.

Last Online
    09-04-2022 @ 03:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Georgian
    Country
    Georgia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Joqool View Post
    Western Georgians such as Adjara, Imereti, Laz and Mingrelian seem to almost to completely lack Steppe while Central and Eastern ones like Kakheti, Kartli and Meshkheti seem to have some. Khevsureti and Tusheti seem to have super high IE but they probably have a lot of North Caucasian admixture.

It's fascinating because I heard that Western Georgians are the "purest Georgians" and "whiter looking ones" while Eastern Georgians are more mixed and look more like Armenians, Azeris and Iranians. Very ironic indeed that more "Euro looking" Western Georgians are the ones that lack Steppe for the most part while the more MENA looking Eastern Georgians are the ones that have some IE blood.

Assuming that Erdogan is pure Laz, looks like he will don't have any Steppe blood.

Georgians especially the Western ones overall seem to be a genetic engima as they are one of the few West Asian groups to have close to zero to literally no Steppe while most of their neighbors have IE blood.
    And why is this surprising? The Yamnas had dark skin and had no European appearance. Also, Eastern Georgians do not like Iranians, Armenians and Azeris if they are not mixed. It is just a stereotype common among Western Georgians, I am also a Western Georgian, but many Western Georgians do not often see Eastern Georgians and therefore think stereotypically. But yes they are darker than Western Georgians.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CeRcVa13 View Post
    And why is this surprising? The Yamnas had dark skin and had no European appearance.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. To me they are still ancestral whites. Maybe they were as dark as Spaniards or Greeks, that's still European, not some kind of Indian or Arabian. Don't buy everything the media says, remember they tried to portray the Cheddar Man basically as a semi-Negro.

Last Online
    09-04-2022 @ 03:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Georgian
    Country
    Georgia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Maybe they were as dark as Spaniards or Greeks, that's still European, not some kind of Indian or Arabian..
    I mean exactly that, so I'm saying steppe origins do not automatically mean more white skin. When people see high traces of steppe in North Caucasians here, they think that North Caucasians are more white than Georgians and so on. This is not true at all, we know from genetics that Caucasian hunter-gatherers and the EEF had white skin and light-colored eye genes. So there is nothing surprising here that western Georgian are most white in Caucasus.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CeRcVa13 View Post
    I mean exactly that, so I'm saying steppe origins do not automatically mean more white skin. When people see high traces of steppe in North Caucasians here, they think that North Caucasians are more white than Georgians and so on. This is not true at all, we know from genetics that Caucasian hunter-gatherers and the EEF had white skin and light-colored eye genes. So there is nothing surprising here that western Georgian are most white in Caucasus.
    Well, yes, we discussed this here quite extensively
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...(Dodecad-K12b)

Last Online
    03-05-2023 @ 11:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Persian-turk-Kurdish
    Ethnicity
    Iranian
    Ancestry
    Iran
    Country
    Iran
    Y-DNA
    J-l70