England
    Region
    City of London
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Eckhart View Post
    Getting your blood up over someone who is deliberately trying to troll you isn't going to do anyone any good,
    Am i..?

I think Quisling was a European hero,he wouldnt have let Norway become a destination of third world asylum seekers like the modern day Norwegian politicians......who are real traitors.

The British also thought highly of him and awarded Quisling the order of the British empire for his outstanding humanitarian work in the Ukraine.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    11-28-2011 @ 12:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aces High View Post
    Am i..?

I think Quisling was a European hero,he wouldnt have let Norway become a destination of third world asylum seekers like the modern day Norwegian politicians......who are real traitors.

The British also thought highly of him and awarded Quisling the order of the British empire for his outstanding humanitarian work in the Ukraine.
    Fair enough, but after his reaction to Breivik, you can understand why I viewed your posting Quisling as deliberate provocation.

I myself have a more nuanced view of Quisling; I consider him, above all, to be somewhat power-hungry and not especially good at his job, but at the same time he wasn't the stone-cold traitor he is portrayed as being (any more than Benedict Arnold was). He's interesting, without a doubt, but I think the title of "hero" is being used more than a bit lightly when it is applied to him.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-06-2012 @ 06:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Region
    City of London
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48

0 Not allowed!

I myself have a more nuanced view of Quisling; I consider him, above all, to be somewhat power-hungry and not especially good at his job, but at the same time he wasn't the stone-cold traitor he is portrayed as being (any more than Benedict Arnold was). He's interesting, without a doubt, but I think the title of "hero" is being used more than a bit lightly when it is applied to him.
    I think he had the interests of the Norwegian people as his number one priority....unlike the rabble that governs today.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-10-2012 @ 11:04 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + CM
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

0 Not allowed!

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I think he had the interests of the Norwegian people as his number one priority....unlike the rabble that governs today.
    Compared to almost any government in Europe, Quisling is a far better leader. However, that's not saying much considering the present state of Europe. I should say, in fact, that it almost demeans Quisling to say such a thing. I do not think he had Norway 100% in his heart all the time; frankly I think Vidkun Quisling cared a great deal about Vidkun Quisling, and it shows.

At any rate, I'm surprised to see so many faces from the 20th century in this thread. Surely the best times for European culture were long before then.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-12-2014 @ 11:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Agder
    Politics
    Feelgood Nationalism
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

0 Not allowed!

Fair enough, but after his reaction to Breivik, you can understand why I viewed your posting Quisling as deliberate provocation.

He was a "stone cold traitor", which is why he became the most hated man in Norway and his very name is forever linked to the word "treason". As was proper in a military court, was to have him shot for his despicable treason.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Agder
    Politics
    Feelgood Nationalism
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Wrong, you little fake "Englishman". You and your little fascist friends may be masturbating to colour films from the Third Reich, but that doesn't make any of the propaganda from your NS idols anymore true. Quisling was a traitor to my people, pure and simple, and no colonial living in an African hellhole will change that.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hevneren View Post
    He was a "stone cold traitor", which is why he became the most hated man in Norway and his very name is forever linked to the word "treason". As was proper in a military court, was to have him shot for his despicable treason.
    Didn't I tell you to go have a drink and cool off a bit? You're going to build up your blood-pressure again and Norway will have lost yet another ageing relic of the Cold War. Besides, if you can't step back and analyse the man objectively you're not living up to your own standards very well. For once, I think Aces is actually being level-headed and serious. I, for one, intend to savour it.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Agder
    Politics
    Feelgood Nationalism
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Compared to almost any government in Europe, Quisling is a far better leader. However, that's not saying much considering the present state of Europe. I should say, in fact, that it almost demeans Quisling to say such a thing. I do not think he had Norway 100% in his heart all the time; frankly I think Vidkun Quisling cared a great deal about Vidkun Quisling, and it shows.

At any rate, I'm surprised to see so many faces from the 20th century in this thread. Surely the best times for European culture were long before then.
    Quisling was Hitler's little puppet bitch, nothing more. He was a miserable failure and a traitor to every Norwegian, which is why we killed him. You can't be a traitor anymore with a bullet in your brain.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hevneren View Post
    Quisling was Hitler's little puppet bitch, nothing more. He was a miserable failure and a traitor to every Norwegian, which is why we killed him. You can't be a traitor anymore with a bullet in your brain.
    The sad thing is, that still makes him better than the present government of Norway and the majority of other European countries. I feel that this is the material point you are consistently missing.

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information