Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is hatred towards Poland real deal?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Hero
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,078
    Given: 910

0 Not allowed!

Why do some members under the thread keep attacking the OP?

Banned
    Last Online
    04-22-2021 @ 04:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Esperantist
    Ancestry
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    Progrockoid + minor hippieoid
    Politics
    I don't care that much, just let me live
    Hero
    L.L. Zamenhof
    Religion
    Atheist-Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 387
    Given: 279

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by aruncaz View Post
    Why do some members under the thread keep attacking the OP?
    Because I did some stupid shit on 4chan (like Polish hate threads for shit tests) and I stupidly posted a link to my account.
    Everybody has to make some mistake. But 4chan is not a place for women like me.

Last Online
    04-08-2024 @ 10:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,494
    Given: 731

0 Not allowed!

Most people here don't care about Poland as such but put in the same basket than the rest of "Eastern Europe", a mental category where men are working in construction, drunk, rough, cold, angry (never smiling), and women are doing either cleaning jobs or cheap prostitutes, where everything is grey

This is a generic perspective
    We do not drink Coca-Cola three hours before a match

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2021 @ 12:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 762
    Given: 635

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LostSoul View Post
    Why did you downvote me? What I said was truth about what happened in WWII.
    If you talk about stupid shit I did on 4chan (I was way too easy-going I know), I did it as shit test, I told you before.
    You got to stop. You are embarassing yourself and making Poland a disservice. Don't you have any self-awareness? Girl, you're 21. It got to a point where nobody trusts you anymore and everybody thinks your posts are an attempt of trolling. Most replies here should let you know nobody really dislikes Poland. Not on The Apricity, at least. You'll find many members on here actually like Poland because of its conservative politics. And if some idiots dislike Poland, what's the problem? I get unoriginal offensive comments about Brazil on a daily basis, but that doesn't drag me down. Be proud of what you are!

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Esperantist
    Ancestry
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    L.L. Zamenhof
    Religion
    Atheist-Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RogueState View Post
    Most people here don't care about Poland as such but put in the same basket than the rest of "Eastern Europe", a mental category where men are working in construction, drunk, rough, cold, angry (never smiling), and women are doing either cleaning jobs or cheap prostitutes, where everything is grey

This is a generic perspective
    Because Slavic people during the Middle Ages really used to be slaves. That's what history says.

Last Online
    04-08-2024 @ 10:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,494
    Given: 731

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDarkAge View Post
    You got to stop. You are embarassing yourself and making Poland a disservice. Don't you have any self-awareness? Girl, you're 21. It got to a point where nobody trusts you anymore and everybody thinks your posts are an attempt of trolling. Most replies here should let you know nobody really dislikes Poland. Not on The Apricity, at least. You'll find many members on here actually like Poland because of its conservative politics. And if some idiots dislike Poland, what's the problem? I get unoriginal offensive comments about Brazil on a daily basis, but that doesn't drag me down. Be proud of what you are!
    "She" (or "He" maybe?) is just a more refined troll than others, this seems to me more and more obvious
    We do not drink Coca-Cola three hours before a match

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Esperantist
    Ancestry
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    L.L. Zamenhof
    Religion
    Atheist-Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Nah, got tired of trolling. Now I know 4chan hates polonophobes, despite the fact that there are many Polish hate threads and not even by me (and that's quite a good thing for me). Mostly from those, who emigrated from Wykop (I use Wykop) or Reddit, or some bitter Brits who hate Poles for taking their jobs.
    I got rid of 4chan by being banned for a month, I told them I'm 15. But really I'm 21. Born in 2000. Toxic cesspool. I don't have to be the same.
    https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/threa...963/#316964963
    Last edited by LostSoul; 04-17-2021 at 12:13 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Esperantist
    Ancestry
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    L.L. Zamenhof
    Religion
    Atheist-Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RogueState View Post
    "She" (or "He" maybe?) is just a more refined troll than others, this seems to me more and more obvious
    I'm a she. Anyway, you would know it. I proved it on TA. Here is my voice.
    https://voca.ro/1lZITBptKofB

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Esperantist
    Ancestry
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    L.L. Zamenhof
    Religion
    Atheist-Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Thank you. I doubted it. I guess I'm too insecure about my country.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,923
    Given: 18,997

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Do you really think everyone is anti polack?
    Well this was written 100 years ago, in 1922, and pretty similar to today's situation in the media:

https://bosonweb.wordpress.com/2018/...-affairs-1922/

"LETTERS ON POLISH AFFAIRS

INTRODUCTION

By G. K. CHESTERTON

THESE lines, hasty as they are and unworthy of so great a subject, appear in this place because I feel that no one should lose the chance of saying a word for the disputed but vital cause of the Polish nation. Though I cannot claim, and indeed very few can claim, the detailed historical knowledge of the author of this book, I can certainly claim to have been from the first a partisan of the Polish ideal, even when my sympathy was mainly an instinct. The instinct was never a prejudice, or even what is commonly called a sentiment. It was not one-sided ; for I had heard next to nothing on the Polish side. It was not founded in praises of Poland ; for, as Professor Sarolea points out, praises of Poland in this country are unnaturally rare. It was almost entirely founded on the denunciations of Poland, which were by no means rare. I judged the Poles by their enemies. And I found it was an almost unfailing-truth that their enemies were the enemies of magnanimity and manhood. If a man loved slavery, if he loved usury, if he loved terrorism and all the trampled mire of materialistic politics, I have always found that he added to these affections the passion of a hatred of Poland. She could be judged in the light of that hatred ; and the judgment has proved to be right.

Every one of the facts that have since appeared has proved it to be right. Every action of the Poles has confirmed the sympathy and confounded the prejudice, a prejudice once unfortunately very widespread in our own Press and public opinion. The internationalists represented the Poles as wildly wrong in their claims against Prussia in Silesia. The Poles were adjudged to be almost entirely right by that very international tribunal which the internationalists set up as their ideal. The Poles were described as „hysterical children,” incapable of discipline or practicality or of anything except anarchy. The hysterical children answered by inflicting the only practical defeats that have fallen upon Bolshevism, and breaking it on the field of battle, while we could only rail against it in the newspapers and surrender to it in the mart.

Amid so much that is interesting, therefore, the greatest interest of this book will be found in the Letter on the Conspiracy against Poland. There are, of course, dupes as well as conspirators, and what is hatred in the few is only ignorance in the many. But if we ask to what the tradition can really be traced, it is certain that its origin is simply and solely in something that we knew for five years under the name of ” Kultur.”

Middle Europe is a sinister phrase in more senses than one. Middle Europe has played the part of a middleman. It has done so in the most customary sense of cheating both parties. The German, as he would express it, has been the interpreter between the Western Europe of French and English and the Eastern Europe of Poles and Russians. In any case, the interpreter is a translator, and certainly in this case the translator is a traitor. Most Russian ideas of Western civilisation were simply German ideas of German civilisation. But it is equally true of most Western ideas of Eastern barbarism, even of the whole idea that all Eastern things were barbaric. Above all, this was the cause of the inconceivable delusion that the high civilisation of Poland is barbaric. It is one of the thousand cross-purposes created by this mystification of Mittel-Europa. Somebody said that Petrograd, significantly called Petersburg, was a window looking to the West. It is almost equally true that Berlin was the one window really looking to the East. In short, the Western nations, and especially the commercial nations of England and America, always saw Eastern Europe’ through a German professor’s spectacles. And those goblin goggles, if they sometimes magnified Russia, always diminished Poland.

Now the deepest delusions of Teutonism, even when they are stricken, die very slowly. The patriotic Englishman is still largely unconscious that about three-quarters of his native prejudices were taught to him by a German spy. Indeed I suppose it is the definition of a prejudice that it is an opinion held by somebody who has forgotten where it came from. Somebody told the Englishman that the Poles are an anarchical sort of people. The Englishman feels as if he knew it for a fact, though as a fact he has forgotten who told him, or who professed to know it at all. As a matter of fact, the authority which told him was the same authority which told him that Germany was bound by a law of nature to expand at the expense of Belgium and Denmark. It was the same that told him the Ems forgery was a mere formality, enabling the simple piety of Prussia to defend itself against the immoral militarism of France. It was the same authority which asked for the freedom of the seas, and then murdered Captain Fryatt for defending himself against pirates. There never was any other authority, except one which happened to be in close alliance with it the German Jew, who was in this matter working with the German. The Jew had indeed his own national quarrel with the Polish peasant, and even with the Polish squire. Since the Jew has become a Bolshevist, he may possibly state that quarrel in a manlier fashion as befits a nation. In this sense it is all to the good when the Jew becomes a Bolshevist, as when he becomes a Zionist. He is attacking Europe frankly and courageously along a line of his own. But until the birth of Bolshevism, though the German Jew might be Jewish in his motive, he was German in his theory. It was Teutonism that he invoked from the first against the Poles, as he invoked it at the last against the Belgians. It was in his capacity of golden-haired Nordic giant, that Herr Moses Mendoza** trampled on the Catholic relics and the broken Polish sword.

But the chief source of the prejudice was Prussia ; and that low type of imperialism which she spread in Europe. In a world of many remaining evils and bewilderments, we may safely say that this imperialism will pollute it no more. The virtues that thrive with Poland are pushing their way to the surface the virtues of the peasant and the patriot. By all the instincts of historical imagination we know when those virtues are set free, and a fresh hope has come into the world. Poland can now grow to the great in something more than tragedy. And it is probable that the eyes of her children’s children, looking across that very Eastern battlefield where the crowned vultures are as dead as their carrion, will follow higher and higher into the sky the flight of the silver eagle."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information