Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,371
    Given: 31,161

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dušan View Post
    Did you know that Austria-Hungary didnt abolish backward Ottoman feudal system in Bosnia-Herzegovina after took Bosnia in 1878?
    It is abolished only after liberation in 1918. when finally lot of Bosnian Serbs gоt rid of that burden.
    Austria-Hungary mostly treated Bosnia-Herzegovina as colony, trying to exploit its wood, minerals and other natural resources.

But not just Bosnia. One part of my ancestors are from former Military frontier in todays Croatia, from Lika. Conditions there were very poor, so my great grandfather emigrated to USA. As volunteer in WW1, he returned after the end of war.

Anyway, I must admit that that empire still was better than Ottomans.
    The Ottoman Empire was called “the sick man of Europe” for a reason but now the new sick man of Europe is the EU ironically

Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,617
    Given: 4,629

0 Not allowed!

Did you know that Austria-Hungary didnt abolish backward Ottoman feudal system in Bosnia-Herzegovina after took Bosnia in 1878?
    It is abolished only after liberation in 1918. when finally lot of Bosnian Serbs gоt rid of that burden.
    Austria-Hungary mostly treated Bosnia-Herzegovina as colony, trying to exploit its wood, minerals and other natural resources.

But not just Bosnia. One part of my ancestors are from former Military frontier in todays Croatia, from Lika. Conditions there were very poor, so my great grandfather emigrated to USA. As volunteer in WW1, he returned after the end of war.

Some of my ancestors, cousins and countrymen were also in USA, roughly 1900-1914. They worked in USA and returned to home after some period.
    Between WW1 and WW2 some people from my area worked in France.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

AH rule on BiH (1878-1918) didn't improve much quality of life of local Christians compared with Ottoman period. It happened in the time of two Yugoslavias.
    AH rule on BiH was typical colonial rule.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:08 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,565
    Given: 11,523

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    Some of my ancestors, cousins and countrymen were also in USA, roughly 1900-1914. They worked in USA and returned to home after some period.
    Between WW1 and WW2 some people from my area worked in France.
    Interesting fact is that in that period 1900-1914. when lot of Serbs emigrated from progressive Habsburg empire, there was no recorded mass emigrations from kingdom of Serbia.
    🔴🔵⚪

Dušan_scaled
    Distance: 2.0944% / 0.02094437
    60.0 Slavic:RUS_Sunghir_MA
    23.0 Paleobalkanic:MKD_Anc
    17.0 Byzantine:TUR_Marmara_Balikesir_Byz

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Bosnia in the last over half of millennium is part of bigger states mostly as colony or protectorate. 400 years was Ottoman colony, after that 40 years Austro-Hungarian colony. 1918-1992 it was part of Yugoslavia, minus period in WW2 when it was occupied by nazi Croatia. In the last 30 years it's formally independent but in essence protectorate of USA, and very non-functional country as every protectorate.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:08 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,565
    Given: 11,523

0 Not allowed!

AH rule on BiH (1878-1918) didn't improve much quality of life of local Christians compared with Ottoman period. It happened in the time of two Yugoslavias.
    AH rule on BiH was typical colonial rule.
    Root of whole Bosnian tragedy is Ottoman class-religious system.
    Privileged Bosnian Muslims who exploit and opress their Christian cousins. And do that for 400 years.

No wonder Bosnian Serbs dispise them so much.

Being vlach as social status in Ottoman empire was a jack pot and the best position that Christian could get.
    Non-vlach Christians were raya, as same as slaves.
    🔴🔵⚪

Dušan_scaled
    Distance: 2.0944% / 0.02094437
    60.0 Slavic:RUS_Sunghir_MA
    23.0 Paleobalkanic:MKD_Anc
    17.0 Byzantine:TUR_Marmara_Balikesir_Byz

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Interesting fact is that in that period 1900-1914. when lot of Serbs emigrated from progressive Habsburg empire, there was no recorded mass emigrations from kingdom of Serbia.
    I know. Serbia in early 20th century was still received migrants as during the 19th century (mostly Serbs from surrounding AH and Ottoman territories). Serbia of early 20th century was progressive country for Balkan standards.
    The oldest Serbian emigration in USA from second half of 19th and early 20th century is from Austro-Hungarian territories (Bosnia, Herzegovina, Bay of Kotor, Lika, Dalmatia etc).
    Descendants of that Serbian immigrants are americanized many generations ago, but still many of them are Orthodoxes https://www.eserbia.org/graveyards/jackson-california

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I know. Serbia in early 20th century was still received migrants as during the 19th century (mostly Serbs from surrounding AH and Ottoman territories). Serbia of early 20th century was progressive country for Balkan standards.
    The oldest Serbian emigration in USA from second half of 19th and early 20th century is from Austro-Hungarian territories (Bosnia, Herzegovina, Bay of Kotor, Lika, Dalmatia etc).
    Descendants of that Serbian immigrants are americanized many generations ago, but still many of them are Orthodoxes https://www.eserbia.org/graveyards/jackson-california

Banned
    Last Online
    02-23-2022 @ 01:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Magyar
    Ancestry
    Historic Hungary/Holy Roman Empire
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    R-M417 (8700 ybp)
    mtDNA
    H10-a T16093C (9000 ybp)
    Politics
    Green Left
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,864
    Given: 444

0 Not allowed!

Rural areas even in the Hungarian side of the empire were very underdeveloped and very few investments went to villages, thus Bosnian country side wasn't exceptionally mistreated by central authorities. However cities truly did flourish under the empire, architecture wise many of the iconic buildings that you find today in the former cities of the Empire were built in this Dualist period. I fully understand though why Bosnians today feel animosity for this period, since they were occupied.

"Unexpectedly aided by a fire that burned down a large part of the central city area (čaršija), architects and engineers who desired to modernize Sarajevo rushed to the city. The result was a unique blend of the remaining Ottoman city market and contemporary Western architecture. For the first time in centuries, the city significantly expanded outside its traditional borders. Much of the city's contemporary central municipality (Centar) was constructed during this period.

Architecture in Sarajevo quickly developed into a wide range of styles and buildings. The Cathedral of Sacred Heart, for example, was constructed using elements of neo-gothic and Romanesque architecture. The National Museum, Sarajevo brewery, and City Hall were also constructed during this period. Additionally, Austrian officials made Sarajevo the first city in this part of Europe to have a tramway."

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Btw first known Serbian settler in USA was Đorđe Šagić (George Fisher), who was born in Székesfehérvár in the heart of Hungary https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Fisher_(settler)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information