Country
    Liechtenstein
    Taxonomy
    CUCARACHA
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,395
    Given: 890

0 Not allowed!

Big clubs are big because they win titles often. If Real Madrid or Juventus don´t win nothing in 5 years (that could be 10 or more as they are struggling to maintain the econmial rythm of "estate-millionare partnered teams") they would pass from superstars to sparrings.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,452
    Given: 7,901

0 Not allowed!

Wow... 13 pages for fucking football... If only all European ethnicities were that fervently against the political structure that enables such things, namely the EU, and that fervent about demographics, like they were with fucking sports.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Veteran Member Davy Jones's Locker's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-20-2024 @ 10:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    British-Irish Isles
    Ethnicity
    English + Irish.
    Ancestry
    Majority English, minority Irish
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Y-DNA
    R1b-M269
    mtDNA
    K1a
    Taxonomy
    Keltic Nordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,116
    Given: 116

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    The media are so full of it and a bunch of hypocrites. Since when did they care about grassroots football? If they cared so much about the national league domestically why can't they take the 1 billion pound they give to premier league clubs and give a fraction to the lower leagues ? Then we have football pundits who earn more than all the grassroots players combined annually about how they are glamatorising football . Bunch of hypocrites. I've supported arsenal as far as I remember , where was all the uproar over the issue of out owners or the billions of pound funding from sheikhs and russian owners ? Truth is , money talks .
    A certain amount of money from the media right(s) does get distributed to the lower leagues and grassroots.

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    You really think that will end well lol? Maybe in Croatia that can happen but here in England the top 6 are the bread and butter of English football for the FA, it brings them so much revenue that the whole English football is controlled by those sides now . Kick them out? They will just say " fuck you guys we are gonna do it anyways " . Leaving a less attractive league where west ham will be the title winners .
    Are you confusing the premier league with The Football Association? As far as I know the latter doesn't receive any direct financial benefit from the the television contracts (or ticket sales, sponsorships, merchandise etc) given to the clubs. The only advantage I can think of for the governing body is that those high profile teams also compete in the FA Cup, which it does control unlike the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    Actually if these 6 teams go out and some historical teams like Leeds, Sunderland, Forest etc return to prominence it can be awesome competition.
    Maybe Prem without them is boring for average plastic fan, not for me, in England even 3rd tier clubs have so much history and tradition plus fan culture it can be great stuff to watch.

And most importantly, not so easy to predict who will win.

Football is more than a quality game, it's a part of European culture and it belongs to fans.
    My main concern in such a scenario would be that if you didn't change the regulations you'd just end up with a new cartel replacing the domination of those that left for a super league.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger0075 View Post
    More like El Clasico + Juventus actually

It's already dead.
    For now; general opinion from football journalists seems to be that Florentino Perez & others will try again in the future.

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,136
    Given: 9,066

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    Wow... 13 pages for fucking football... If only all European ethnicities were that fervently against the political structure that enables such things, namely the EU, and that fervent about demographics, like they were with fucking sports.
    Fans can impact sports, people can't impact politics in that way as they can sports. Just 24 hours after this was announced, everyone started to protest and the huge projected league just fell down like house of cards.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread Information