Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,991
    Given: 6,606

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunai View Post
    This is the Americanization of football, where they just want to kill any real stake for the competition, having the same teams compete every year for the trophy, but without any risk for them to get relegated. This competition would be all about big money and no love for the game and history of football. How would I, as a regular football fan, be invested emotionally in watching the same teams year after year compete for the win? The whole excitement and element of surprise this game provides would just disappear.
    Isn't that pretty much what already happens?

The national leagues would be more open without these clubs. Fewer gloryhunting/foreign fans, fewer mercenaries, less absurd transfer fees and money in the game that has already ruined it. UEFA could even introduce salary caps for their competitions without these clubs, which would make the game fairer (not that they will).

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,311
    Given: 1,209

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    Literally thinking of switching a club to watch this is most disgusting thing I've seen, how to literally destroy football..
    People are quick to jump to conclusions without actually researching , myself included . Turns out , this super League is just a glorified champions League , and no, it's not a "closed book " like what the media is making it seem to be . 5 teams can qualify for the league from the previous season whilst the teams participating in the superleague staying within their domestic leagues . So they are not breaking away and creating their own league, it's just a european competition on a massive scale . Plus , what did people expect? The chickens have finally come home to roost but the premier league and sky sports are not so Innocent . I guess people don't remember sky sports FUNDED the top 5 teams in division 1 ( Arsenal , United , Liverpool , Everton , Tottenham) to lead the line by breaking away. The only difference is that social media wasn't a thing back then . Now those teams and then some are significantly larger than organisations such as FIFA or FA , that they will eventually have to bow down and agree to this . Probably some tweaks here and there but people are acting like it's the end of football lol.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,878
    Given: 16,891

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Creoda View Post

The national leagues would be more open without these clubs. Fewer gloryhunting fans, fewer mercenaries, less absurd transfer fees and money in the game that has already ruined it. UEFA could even introduce salary caps for their competitions without these clubs, which would make the game fairer (not that they will).
    All you need is introduce a 51% club member ownership rule to avoid foreign investors.

Nothing wrong with sponsors, high salaries and transfer budgets. Football was great with all these things but before Abramovic, Qatar, Red Bull and americans like Glazers bought clubs and killed the even playingfield.

Uefa did a horrible job enforcing financial fairplay.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

The national leagues would be more open without these clubs. Fewer gloryhunting/foreign fans, fewer mercenaries, less absurd transfer fees and money in the game that has already ruined it. UEFA could even introduce salary caps for their competitions without these clubs, which would make the game fairer (not that they will).
    The media are so full of it and a bunch of hypocrites. Since when did they care about grassroots football? If they cared so much about the national league domestically why can't they take the 1 billion pound they give to premier league clubs and give a fraction to the lower leagues ? Then we have football pundits who earn more than all the grassroots players combined annually about how they are glamatorising football . Bunch of hypocrites. I've supported arsenal as far as I remember , where was all the uproar over the issue of out owners or the billions of pound funding from sheikhs and russian owners ? Truth is , money talks .

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

I mean people that never been to a stadium, dont have entire family legacy attached to a club, a city/region identification with the club surely do not care if games will be played in Asia and America and if they are played in Europe, it will be 1am. The loyal fans creating a atmosphere got a a job, cant stay in a stadium till 3am. But in England they already got bullied out by tourists.

Im glad after Corona I can go to my stadium again, together with people that follow the club for generations and that are mostly from the region/city.

This only Europeans understand.

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    All you need is introduce a 51% club member ownership rule to avoid foreign investors.

Nothing wrong with sponsors, high salaries and transfer budgets. Football was great with all these things but before Abramovic, Qatar, Red Bull and americans like Glazers bought clubs and killed the even playingfield.

Uefa did a horrible job enforcing financial fairplay.
    Foreign billionaires have exacerbated the problem but it was already there. Man Utd, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, AC Milan and Inter Milan have totally dominated their leagues for decades before that, and the money the big Spanish and Italian clubs spent was astronomical for the 80s and 90s. I remember when they were always talking about the European Super League being inevitable back in the early 00's.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Foreign billionaires have exacerbated the problem but it was already there. Man Utd, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, AC Milan and Inter Milan have totally dominated their leagues for decades before that, and the money the big Spanish and Italian clubs spent was astronomical for the 80s and 90s. I remember when they were always talking about the European Super League being inevitable back in the early 00's.
    When arsenal promised us fans when moving to the Emirates , " we want to compete with Europe's elite " THIS IS WHAT THEY MEANT LOL.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Foreign billionaires have exacerbated the problem but it was already there. Man Utd, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, AC Milan and Inter Milan have totally dominated their leagues for decades before that, and the money the big Spanish and Italian clubs spent was astronomical for the 80s and 90s.
    Aslong the domination was earned by smart managing, scouting and sucess on the pitch. I got no problem with it. Its a competition based on peformance. A foreign investor owning a club on the other hand, is killing this fair competition.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-19-2021 @ 09:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    Elite
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    r1a-m458
    Taxonomy
    Corded (Battle Axe)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,035
    Given: 1,712

1 Not allowed!

without CFR 1907 Cluj this league is worth nothing

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    Aslong the domination was earned by smart managing, scouting and sucess on the pitch. I got no problem with it. Its a competition based on peformance. A foreign investor owning a club on the other hand, is killing this fair competition.
    It's fair in a purely capitalistic sense, the snowballing financial effect of success, but in the end it has the same effect of killing off the competition. If you want a fair competition in the spirit of the game and not just business you need some correction for it. The Aussie Rules Football League here has a closed league and salary cap that works very well, gives all the teams' fans hope for the future and success is based mostly on on-field ability and coaching, teams can't buy their way out of being shit.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information