Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Are You Celebrating Confederate History month?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 04:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Anglo, Baltic
    Ethnicity
    English, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Distant American Indian
    Ancestry
    Mother's Side: Colonial Virginia. Fathers Side: German/Lithuania early 1900s.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,029
    Given: 10,292

3 Not allowed!

Default How Are You Celebrating Confederate History month?

The month of April is Confederate History month. It's a wonderful opportunity to celebrate our ancestors who fought for the glorious Confederacy. I know mine did. It wasn't for slavery, but for States rights!
    I am visiting the graves of ancestors and the dead and placing little battle flags to dot the cemetery in the local counties here. The Virginia Flaggers will have a ceremony at Hollywood Cemetery with bag pipes and all!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_History_Month

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,113
    Given: 10,158

1 Not allowed!

How did the confederates treat native Americans like yourself?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayetooey View Post
    How did the confederates treat native Americans like yourself?
    They had Indian regiments in the Confederate Army

Alexandro

2 Not allowed!

The only reason I see to celebrate this is that it represents some guiri losers getting cucked, and that is always nice

I never really understood why you people are so eager to harken back to a four year period where your region was destroyed because some rich whites convinced some poor whites to die for their right to own blacks. "I'm a real American but openly celebrate a coalition who's primary driving goal was to no longer be American", yeah real big brain move, tio.

Also, when people say that Lincoln fought to free the slaves, or that the Civil War was fought purely over slavery, that is indeed false. However, when people say that slavery caused the Civil War, that is completely correct. Because, all the major points of sectional tension that were significant enough to drive the union apart can be traced directly to slavery. Furthermore, considering that every single declaration of secession began with an extended spiel about the necessity of race based slavery, I would say it is pretty damn valid to make the claim that Confederate states seceded based on slavery. The whole "states rights" rhetoric was by and large a mechanism for preserving slavery rather than the primary institution for which they fought, because the south had been all too happy to abandon the sanctity to said "states rights" if it served to benefit their interests.

Ein einzelner Gefangener.. Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Horse-Human of Wyoming
    Ethnicity
    Hillbilly
    Country
    Germany
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U106/R-Z156
    mtDNA
    U5b2
    Taxonomy
    Country Boy
    Politics
    Zeitzeuge einer Zeitenwende
    Hero
    Klaus Störtebeker, Kurt Knispel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,428
    Given: 5,274

0 Not allowed!

Dunno, getting carried around by my fav black servants sounds like a real climate saver to me though.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

3 Not allowed!

During the US Civil War, Canada became a hotbed of Confederate agents, it’s pretty common knowledge that Britain supported the Confederacy for a period, they also built CSS Alabama and supplied the Confederacy with munitions and uniforms, and were home to their embassy.

They did send observers and toyed with the idea of sending the army in to aid the Confederacy. Ultimately though it never happened because Britain didn't want to be associated with slavery after we'd already abolished it in the Empire.

Jefferson Davis fled to Quebec and the Confederacy moved a lot of their holdings to Canada. To this day there are more descendants of the Confederacy in Canada than the US.

Although I don't think the Confederacy would have lasted a long time, I believe in preserving history and was appalled when the fuckheads in BC took down Macdonald's statue, and hated the Confederate monument defacing in the States, there's an interesting parallel between the erasure of Confederate history in the States and the erasure of British history in Canada.

Once they do some mental gymnastics to reinterpret all of our history to be racist and oppressive, they will tear all of our shit down too. Once nobody knows about the Confederate because all of the plaques and statues are gone and it isn't taught in American schools anymore, how are they going to explain why negroes are an oppressed class of former slaves who still deserve reparations and special treatment?

Not to mention the Canadian public curriculum goes out of it's way to cover native and confederate history in the technical stream and covers American and modern history fairly well in academic streams like Pure or -1 courses. And our curriculum is effective given our high literacy and graduate rates.

We also had our own KKK (Jews and Catholics were strictly not allowed in), the highest membership percentage per capita our KKK ever achieved was in the 1920's in Saskatchewan. If you weren't in the Klan in Saskatoon, Moose Jaw or Regina, you weren't shit.

They were given membership lists from the Loyal Orange Lodge to recruit from. The KKK was overall overshadowed by the Orange Order.

For many reasons, I believe the original Klan was inspired by the Lodge. Aside from some of the ideology, a hint is shown below. On the right, a Lodge symbol, William of Orange.

Spoiler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    During the US Civil War, Canada became a hotbed of Confederate agents, it’s pretty common knowledge that Britain supported the Confederacy for a period, they also built CSS Alabama and supplied the Confederacy with munitions and uniforms, and were home to their embassy.

They did send observers and toyed with the idea of sending the army in to aid the Confederacy. Ultimately though it never happened because Britain didn't want to be associated with slavery after we'd already abolished it in the Empire.

Jefferson Davis fled to Quebec and the Confederacy moved a lot of their holdings to Canada. To this day there are more descendants of the Confederacy in Canada than the US.

Although I don't think the Confederacy would have lasted a long time, I believe in preserving history and was appalled when the fuckheads in BC took down Macdonald's statue, and hated the Confederate monument defacing in the States, there's an interesting parallel between the erasure of Confederate history in the States and the erasure of British history in Canada.

Once they do some mental gymnastics to reinterpret all of our history to be racist and oppressive, they will tear all of our shit down too. Once nobody knows about the Confederate because all of the plaques and statues are gone and it isn't taught in American schools anymore, how are they going to explain why negroes are an oppressed class of former slaves who still deserve reparations and special treatment?

Not to mention the Canadian public curriculum goes out of it's way to cover native and confederate history in the technical stream and covers American and modern history fairly well in academic streams like Pure or -1 courses. And our curriculum is effective given our high literacy and graduate rates.

We also had our own KKK (Jews and Catholics were strictly not allowed in), the highest membership percentage per capita our KKK ever achieved was in the 1920's in Saskatchewan. If you weren't in the Klan in Saskatoon, Moose Jaw or Regina, you weren't shit.

They were given membership lists from the Loyal Orange Lodge to recruit from. The KKK was overall overshadowed by the Orange Order.

For many reasons, I believe the original Klan was inspired by the Lodge. Aside from some of the ideology, a hint is shown below. On the right, a Lodge symbol, William of Orange.

Spoiler!
    Interesting, but The KKK had nothing to do with the Confederacy.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,121
    Given: 11,131

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IberianAlex View Post
    "I'm a real American but openly celebrate a coalition who's primary driving goal was to no longer be American", yeah real big brain move, tio
    There's nothing more American than secession, so yes, it was our ancestors who represented the real American spirit.

Last Online
    03-12-2024 @ 11:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    White
    Ancestry
    Tosk Highlander
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Apathetic
    Religion
    Apathetic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 508
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

I’m not celebrating it and I never knew there was such a thing until you mentioned it. Though I shouldn’t be surprised, southern states always seem so eager to piss off those yanks and overstate their historical significance as it’s all they have at this point. Celebrating a distant past, celebrating losers. What I don’t get though: they lost so why are you so keen on celebrating losers? Do you folks truly have nothing else going for you? What have you done recently? Do you think your ancestors who lived such an eventful life would be proud of who you became today? A backwater who’s culture only exists in run down shanty towns while the urban centers are full of transplants and migrants that share no connection to their culture. Remember the past for what it was, don’t over glorify or romanticize it as it does you no good in improving your region and making your culture into something that everybody would envy.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoihey View Post
    I’m not celebrating it and I never knew there was such a thing until you mentioned it. Though I shouldn’t be surprised, southern states always seem so eager to piss off those yanks and overstate their historical significance as it’s all they have at this point. Celebrating a distant past, celebrating losers. What I don’t get though: they lost so why are you so keen on celebrating losers? Do you folks truly have nothing else going for you? What have you done recently? Do you think your ancestors who lived such an eventful life would be proud of who you became today? A backwater who’s culture only exists in run down shanty towns while the urban centers are full of transplants and migrants that share no connection to their culture. Remember the past for what it was, don’t over glorify or romanticize it as it does you no good in improving your region and making your culture into something that everybody would envy.
    They were not losers, they were brave patriots who fought for their homes. When people study the War for Southern independence, nobody cares about Grant, Sherman, McCllelan- they are all boring. People are more fascinated by General Lee, Stonewall Jackson, Jeb Stuart, and those excellent military men. It's just funny how that is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information