Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Insuperable View Post
    Eventually you have to use some equipment like vest or something. There is no purpose of doing 100 pushups or 50 pullups at once except for burning calories.
    During Covid I amped it up to the point of doing 1,200 pressups every other day, and I think that had some effect, but the easier option is to go to the gym and pick up heavy things. Of course some internet bros with noodle arms and beer bellies who want to be ripped but don't want to do the work will talk smack.

Of course doing press ups, burpees, jumping jacks and whatever else can get you nice and fit if coupled with good diet and some structured CV like running or swimming, but it's not going to get supermodels' heads turning unless you're also 6"4 and gorgeous or a multimillionaire. Or you just resemble their stepdad.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,166
    Given: 13,531

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    During Covid I amped it up to the point of doing 1,200 pressups every other day, and I think that had some effect, but the easier option is to go to the gym and pick up heavy things. Of course some internet bros with noodle arms and beer bellies who want to be ripped but don't want to do the work will talk smack.

Of course doing press ups, burpees, jumping jacks and whatever else can get you nice and fit if coupled with good diet and some structured CV like running or swimming, but it's not going to get supermodels' heads turning unless you're also 6"4 and gorgeous or a multimillionaire. Or you just resemble their stepdad.
    Buy a vest, 20 kg or so and lift legs up because decline pressups utilize more of bodyweight compared to normal pressups. 1200 is mentally just too stressful, all those repetitions. But I guess you are now back to the gym so no need for that. But it is good to have vest at home for occassions. Also some dumbbells and trap bar.

Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 11:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Digital Don Quixote
    Ethnicity
    Forums
    Ancestry
    Hellenic, Balkan, Latin, Anatolian, Druide
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Athens
    Taxonomy
    Anatolian Lappid
    Hero
    Justinian, Constantine, Augustus, Charlemagne, Aurelian, Alexander
    Religion
    Uralische beauties, Viktor Orban
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,627
    Given: 10,177

2 Not allowed!

Legend has it that if you scream mazel tov during the jumping phase of the burpee, a Longbowman appears in front of you and he is so smaaaaaaall.

But you have to be 43 years old, shout the spell with a girly voice and your mouth should smell like overpriced estrogenic candy.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,244
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post

I know for a fact you not physically fit. I know for a fact you would fail the luc leger test for the French Foreign Legions.

If you were as physically fit as you think you were then you would be able to :

1.) Pass the French Foreign Legions physical fitness test

2.) Complete a triathlon

3.) if you want to be elite something like 3 sets of 15 burpees to muscleups

We have been through this before when I used to post shirtless pics under a different handle

You, like most men, want to have non-functional bloated muscles while not being physically fit.

Am I a hypocrite? No, I am currently working my way back to elite shape -- I go in and out of shape periodically.
    Last edited by JamesBond007; 05-01-2021 at 08:55 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,244
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Insuperable View Post
    Buy a vest, 20 kg or so and lift legs up because decline pressups utilize more of bodyweight compared to normal pressups. 1200 is mentally just too stressful, all those repetitions. But I guess you are now back to the gym so no need for that. But it is good to have vest at home for occassions. Also some dumbbells and trap bar.
    Adjustable 40 pound weight vest + 1 arm pushups

Adjustable 40 pound weight vest + burpees to muscleups

^ be in better shape than Longbowman --profit

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,624
    Given: 21,630

0 Not allowed!

You all are a bunch of wimpy girlies.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,166
    Given: 13,531

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    Adjustable 40 pound weight vest + 1 arm pushups

Adjustable 40 pound weight vest + burpees to muscleups

^ be in better shape than Longbowman --profit
    About burpees... I'd rather do pushups (or jump squats first whatever) to failure and then jump squats to failure. This way you can build strength to a degree and be physically fit. Especially with a vest on. Caution: combing strength and cardio is too stressful for heart. Doing classic burpees is just about being physically fit.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    I know for a fact you not physically fit. I know for a fact you would fail the luc leger test for the French Foreign Legions.

If you were as physically fit as you think you were then you would be able to :

1.) Pass the French Foreign Legions physical fitness test

2.) Complete a triathlon

3.) if you want to be elite something like 3 sets of 15 burpees to muscleups

We have been through this before when I used to post shirtless pics under a different handle

You, like most men, want to have non-functional bloated muscles while not being physically fit.

Am I a hypocrite? No, I am currently working my way back to elite shape -- I go in and out of shape periodically.
    We have never 'been through this' before, you are off your meds. You have never been in notably good shape.

The French Foreign Legion basic fitness test is not difficult to pass:

https://legionstories.com/soldiers-p...oreign-legion/

I would be the highest level, easily, and it's not even close. I would get at least 16 and probably 17 points on the run and 20 on the swim and pressups. Frankly, the test is not that different to the standard British military fitness testing (although we do not have a swimming element as part of routine testing, though I have also passed the much more difficult swim test 3 times - without goggles and with a full set of overalls, plus double the length, albeit without the 'time critical' element), which I pass at a high level routinely. I have also passed the British infantry fitness test easily, and that was a lot harder than the basic FFL fitness test.

You 'know for a fact' I couldn't do these extremely easy and low-level exercises because you are extremely jealous of me and your delusional and drug-addled brain comes up with these absurdist copes to deal with the reality, which is that I am objectively a superior human being when compared to you.

You basically see me looking as I do - ie, objectively better, fitter, more attractive than you - and you convince yourself all I do is bicep curls or whatever and that bicep curls are ghey and non-functional (and tbf biceps aren't the most useful muscle to build) as if muscles built in the gym 'don't work' or as if people don't do muscle-ups in the gym (where else would you even do them?). However, I also run 4 times a week and do an intense amount of CV and bodyweight exercises, which I have described on previous fitness threads. You cannot accept this because you are deeply egocentric and invested in your fictional self-image - ie, you cope.

And yes, I absolutely work out partially for vanity. Unlike you, I am man enough to admit this.

You are chubby and will remain so until you die.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information