Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why are Armenians white but Turks are not?

Last Online
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Moderate member of the Uralic Cluster
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kınık_(tribe)
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turano-Pontid and slight Carpathid
    Politics
    Unbestechlichkeit
    Religion
    Religions are mass-scale Stockholm syndromes
    Relationship Status
    Found something real that's out of touch
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,343
    Given: 4,644

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post
    Armenians are generally an ethncity people aren't too familiar with. Most people only know that they're christians, that they were persecuted by Turks and that they're culturally close to Europeans. I suppose comparing their culture/religion the Turks, who are much more foreign to Europeans in that aspect, leads people to think that Armenians must also be phenotypically closer to Europeans.
    Good point except underlined part. Religion, ok but culture aspect isnt foreign at all, and i can say that some places in Europe (thrace-balkan) are culturally very similar aand this extends through central Europ at some degree. This comes from both Ottoman heritage in the area and balkan heritage in Turkey.

On the other hand, armenians have as much in common with Europeans as a christian Mongolian would have; Rus language and an eastern church.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hektor12 View Post
    Good point except underlined part. Religion, ok but culture aspect isnt foreign at all, and i can say that some places in Europe (thrace-balkan) are culturally very similar aand this extends through central Europ at some degree. This comes from both Ottoman heritage in the area and balkan heritage in Turkey.

On the other hand, armenians have as much in common with Europeans as a christian Mongolian would have; Rus language and an eastern church.
    lol

Last Online
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dağlı (Mountaineer)
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    R1a-CTS3402
    mtDNA
    R0a1a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,346
    Given: 3,940

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFlash View Post
    Anatolian, not assimilated Balkanites or Circassians. Like Armenians, they had their fair share of lighter and swarthier individuals.
    Who are those assimilated Balkanites? Muslim Serbs and Albanians?

Last Online
    04-06-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turk
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 40

2 Not allowed!

Still discussing guys?

My honest opinion is that even without taking religion and politics into account, Armenians can be still considered "whiter" than us due to being fully Caucasoid. I think ethnic Turks' affinity to Central Asia is usually overlooked in anthro forums. The most exotic Armenians look Middle Eastern which is still in Caucasoid range, while we have lots of these types:

Last edited by GoalPoacher; 05-03-2021 at 09:42 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kartvel (Georgian)
    Ethnicity
    Megrel
    Ancestry
    Megrelia(Colchis -Western Georgia)
    Country
    Georgia
    Region
    Georgia
    Taxonomy
    Neanderthal
    Religion
    Orthodox Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 428
    Given: 163

0 Not allowed!

In my understanding, white is someone who has white skin and, in addition, if he has light eyes and hair. And it doesn't matter who you are - a Turk, Kurd, Italian, German or Armenian.
    I don't really understand what culture or religion has to do with it.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-22-2021 @ 08:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Montenegrin Serb
    Country
    Montenegro
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Borreby
    Hero
    God, my homeland and my family.
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 8

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Frowning Man View Post
    In my understanding, white is someone who has white skin and, in addition, if he has light eyes and hair. And it doesn't matter who you are - a Turk, Kurd, Italian, German or Armenian.
    I don't really understand what culture or religion has to do with it.
    White European is a person of fully European origin. White or correctly saying European male can have Blonde, Brown or Dark-Brown hair, it depends on regions of Europe. Also White male can have Brown, Blue eyes and other variants near those two. Europeans can have pale to as i call it darker skin (not black) again, it depends on regions of Europe.

Your definition is wrong and ignorant with the fact that blonde hair and blue eyes are not the "special key" to recognizing Europeans.

Blonde hair and Blue eyes, is that really gonna make him look European?

Dark hair, hazel eyes, but yet he is European

So im gonna repeat it again, a European person fully European origin, which all do respect Armenians and you Georgians are not.

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Слога View Post
    White European is a person of fully European origin. White or correctly saying European male can have Blonde, Brown or Dark-Brown hair, it depends on regions of Europe. Also White male can have Brown, Blue eyes and other variants near those two. Europeans can have pale to as i call it darker skin (not black) again, it depends on regions of Europe.

Your definition is wrong and ignorant with the fact that blonde hair and blue eyes are not the "special key" to recognizing Europeans.

So im gonna repeat it again, a European person fully European origin, which all do respect Armenians and you Georgians are not.
    You, and others keep equating "White" with a European origin, but there isn't a consensus of viewpoints that support that viewpoint. In the first place, the U.S. Census System doesn't agree.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kartvel (Georgian)
    Ethnicity
    Megrel
    Ancestry
    Megrelia(Colchis -Western Georgia)
    Country
    Georgia
    Region
    Georgia
    Taxonomy
    Neanderthal
    Religion
    Orthodox Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 428
    Given: 163

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Слога View Post

Dark hair, hazel eyes, but yet he is European

A white person is just a white person. White means that the person has light pigmentation (for example, white skin). It's just human pigmentation. White = / = European. White is not the property of Europeans, and other peoples (not European) have fair skin, eyes or hair not from Europeans.

If an Armenian, an Iranian, a Turk or someone else has a light or very light pigmentation and do not have European blood at all, then yes, they are also white for me, since you cannot call them black or brown in such a situation.

I have never said anywhere that I consider or want to consider Georgians as Europeans. Georgians are not Europeans, we are Georgians and we are Caucasians, we are mountaineers.
    Whether we are considered Europeans or not, I don't care. The main thing I consider myself a Georgian and a resident of the Caucasus.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-21-2021 @ 02:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Y-DNA
    G
    mtDNA
    U5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,788
    Given: 1,803

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Frowning Man View Post
    A white person is just a white person. White means that the person has light pigmentation (for example, white skin). It's just human pigmentation. White = / = European. White is not the property of Europeans, and other peoples (not European) have fair skin, eyes or hair not from Europeans.

If an Armenian, an Iranian, a Turk or someone else has a light or very light pigmentation and do not have European blood at all, then yes, they are also white for me, since you cannot call them black or brown in such a situation.

I have never said anywhere that I consider or want to consider Georgians as Europeans. Georgians are not Europeans, we are Georgians and we are Caucasians, we are mountaineers.
    Whether we are considered Europeans or not, I don't care. The main thing I consider myself a Georgian and a resident of the Caucasus.
    But in this case, Japanese and Chinese would be white too. I would say white=Europid. Not every European is Europid just like not every Turk-Armenian-Georgian non-Europid. There are many dark Europeans and they are considered white. I would say Armenians have darker pigmentation but they are also in Europe partly, albeit controversial like Turkey and Georgia. Part of the Caucasus is in Europe. So they are peoples who had interaction with whites or had Europid ancient peoples who had lived there.

I was never considered a "visible minority" in Canada. I am treated as a white European in Canada which is not good because whites have less rights in Canada. Lol.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balto-Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Eastern Europe
    Country
    Russia
    Taxonomy
    East Europid
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,010
    Given: 332

0 Not allowed!

In the first place, the U.S. Census System doesn't agree.

The whole US system is retard and idiotic.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread Information