Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I think the Sardinian people look like ordinary Europeans.

Last Online
    07-27-2022 @ 04:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ancestry
    47.0 Anatolia_Barcin_N 40.6 Yamnaya_RUS_Samara 12.4 WHG
    Country
    France
    mtDNA
    H1
    Politics
    Liberal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 185
    Given: 72

2 Not allowed!

Default I think the Sardinian people look like ordinary Europeans.

The fact that they do not have 'northern ancestry' does not change much in my opinion.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 03:04 PM
    Ethnicity
    @
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 521
    Given: 784

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by L.o.l.i.t.a View Post
    The fact that they do not have 'northern ancestry' does not change much in my opinion.

They definitely do, why wouldn't they? After all, they are an island that happened to be located in Europe.

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

6 Not allowed!

Except the last guy(who looks very MENA influenced), those are pretty cherrypicked.

Also, of course Sardinians have "northern" ancestry lol. They are 55% native European HG, or if you really want to pretend Neolithic Farmers were some pure race, they have 10% extra native European HG over the original Anatolian farmer migrants.

You forgot to include Sardinians like this:

According to the Hirisplex-S(this is the latest, 2018 version) SNP pigmentation prediction system, Sardinians are the only Europeans with actually truly dark skinned people(the darker shade practically missing in Iberia and Tuscany), and are the darkest in Europe overall:

Also, what are "ordinary Europeans"? The latitude center of Europe's population centers(so not including arctic areas, etc) will be around Bavaria, and most of those people you posted don't pass there. How can someone look "ordinary European" if they don't pass in the center of the continent? I would say only the first 3 girls pass.
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,622
    Given: 21,626

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post
    Except the last guy(who looks very MENA influenced), those are pretty cherrypicked.

Also, of course Sardinians have "northern" ancestry lol. They are 55% native European HG, or if you really want to pretend Neolithic Farmers were some pure race, they have 10% extra native European HG over the original Anatolian farmer migrants.

According to the Hirisplex-S SNP pigmentation prediction system, Sardinians are the only Europeans with actually truly dark skinned people(the darker shade practically missing in Iberia and Tuscany), and are the darkest in Europe overall:

Also, what are "ordinary Europeans"? The latitude center of Europe's population centers(so not including arctic areas, etc) will be around Bavaria, and most of those people you posted don't pass there. How can someone look "ordinary European" if they don't pass in the center of the continent? I would say only the first 3 girls pass.
    And despite all that, not only are they European, but their genetic was on European soil before than your ancestors (or mines), since (in theory) they have the most similar genetics to most of the Neolithic Europeans, so (in theory) they lack the Indo-European component, which arrived several thousand years after the EEF.

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    And despite all that, not only are they European, but their genetic was on European soil before than your ancestors (or mines), since (in theory) they have the most similar genetics to most of the Neolithic Europeans, so (in theory) they lack the Indo-European component, which arrived several thousand years after the EEF.
    Indo-European isn't a race

and the Volga region is in geographic Europe.

The wog portion of EEF did arrive in Europe before the wog portion of Indo-European(CHG), though.
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ancestry
    Country
    France
    mtDNA
    H1
    Politics
    Liberal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

According to the Hirisplex-S(this is the latest, 2018 version) SNP pigmentation prediction system, Sardinians are the only Europeans with actually truly dark skinned people(the darker shade practically missing in Iberia and Tuscany), and are the darkest in Europe overall:

Yours that seem to have been handpicked. Anyone who has doubts just put 'Sardinian people' on google. I see in them the same diversity that I see in Europe.

Last Online
    04-09-2024 @ 11:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Swiss French
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Corded
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 376
    Given: 344

0 Not allowed!

Interesting how France has a tiny minority of "very pale" people that not even Brits have. I wonder why that would be the case.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ancestry
    Country
    France
    mtDNA
    H1
    Politics
    Liberal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

And the Neolithic people already had alleles of clear pigmentation long before European hunters and gatherers. Old samples from Anatolia were already recessive for fair skin. I very much doubt that the 'dark skin' reported in Sardinia is not the result of sun exposure.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,435
    Given: 5,750

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlemagne7 View Post
    Interesting how France has a tiny minority of "very pale" people that not even Brits have. I wonder why that would be the case.
    Is that map based on skin colour genetics or actual skin colour? the figures for the Basques i think seem overblown and in reality should be between the Iberians and the French.

Last Online
    04-09-2024 @ 11:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Swiss French
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Corded
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 376
    Given: 344

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    Is that map based on skin colour genetics or actual skin colour? the figures for the Basques i think seem overblown and in reality should be between the Iberians and the French.
    Edit: It's only about skin color genetics, although it is pretty weird how France has actual wog people according to that.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information