Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,655
    Given: 5,621

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    The difference is those admittedly unique Scandinavian and NE European phenotypes for the most part still can only be found in Europe (although maybe there are some Central Asians who might approximate such looks), whereas the darker types in Mediterranean Europe have an undoubted overlap with Turkey, Levant and coastal North Africa. And there was a time 2-3 years ago when both you and now defunct poster Rouxinol used to say that a minority of Spaniards looked too 'exotic' for Portugal, such as Anne Hidalgo and Raul Gonzalez.
    Anne Hidalgo and Raul look exotic for Spaniards, what's the point of this?

Many western Turks are phenotypically European and no one would even talk about it if the Ottomans hadn't conquest Constantinople in 1453. In case you aren't aware areas like north Africa and some Levantine regions have a significant percentage of people who belong to the "white race" as it was stated by several anthropologists...or are you one of those who think an europoid person is not so and can't be considered white just because it was born outside if the arbitrary borders of the continent called Europe?

Yes you are right, many eastern and northern phenotypes overlap with central Asians. Remember your own words in the future.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    E1b1a-FT4968
    mtDNA
    V6b1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,476
    Given: 2,732

0 Not allowed!

Such phenotypes usually look very foreign to most of Europe north of Perpignan, and insofar as there are some Northern Euros with those phenotypes, they are either just atypical outliers, or quite likely have some Jewish or Mediterranean ancestry (European or non-European). And haven't you said yourself that a notable minority of Spaniards (at least 10% maybe?) look foreign for Portugal due to having more 'Eastern' looks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus Rex View Post
    Errhhmmm...most baltids, volgids, neodanubians, Carpathids and slanted eyed nordids also look very foreigner to other Europeans, yet aren't they European phenotypes? Use both of your eyes while debating these things and be honest about it.

Some 10% of Spaniards have a too eastern look for the portuguese eye because we are extremely western in look meaning that Spain has more dinarized types than we do, not in the sense that they have more non European phenotypes... don't try anything funny here and behave.
    Would I be a foreign to the north of Perpignan? / I Would pass in Portugal?

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...=1#post7161549

Last Online
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austrian
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21/U106/M405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,377
    Given: 8,718

1 Not allowed!

Clarkson looks like a moderately robust Atlantid to me:
    ]
    Jeremy Clarkson is clearly Brunn- Nordo/Brunn if you want , the other guy is a light Alpinoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Some tribes of Berbers, most notably the Rifs, have higher percentages of perfectly (anthropologically) Nordic individuals than Iberians despite having no Germanic blood at all. This has been noted by multiple anthropologists over the years. Coon, who lived amongst Berbers and studied them for years, wasn't able to offer a definitive explanation for how these North African Nordics came to be.
    This can most likely be some ancient Basal relation which is shared fom the Iranic plateau to the Arabic peninsula to North Africa...

Quotes from Coon: "The Corded crania are larger than any from Egypt, and are metrically very similar to the Elmenteita skulls from East Africa - the two groups could be combined without loss of homogeneity. In Mesopotamia, they may be favorably compared with the three dynastic skulls from Ur, although they are higher vaulted than the other early groups."
    Also: "
    here is the link for those Elmenteita skulls- those people looked like East Africans most likely and in the article its written they had "clearly negroid affinity" ...
    https://www.nature.com/articles/1200...df?origin=ppub
    I dont need to search for light individuals- "Nordic" skulled would be standard Moroccon footballers- they have a lot of characteristics what Coon considered Nordic- high and long skulled, very narrow temples, slender, thin-long nose

https://www.footballdatabase.eu/imag...205/205013.jpg
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...u74Vg&usqp=CAU
    https://imgl.krone.at/scaled/2290435/v890be8/full.jpg
    too gracile but he is hyperdolicephalic
    http://antropologia-fizyczna.pl/imag...ski/ak-r01.jpg
    even a owerwhelmingly SSA player- he most likely resembles that Elemteita skull:
    https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...re-id600211231
    hyperdolicephalic Nordic Swiss:
    http://shrani.si/f/2Y/XA/3VdU44xV/races-of-europe.png

Fact is Coon said: in North Africans peaks "Atlanto Med" (aka Berberid), they have Borreby like Afalou survivor- it seems to me there is affinity for more long and robust skulls. Similar stating Hooton's "Guanche" type skulls, although not as large as the Afalou bou Rummel crania, resemble them morphologically, with heavy browridges, strong muscular markings, low orbits, and lambdoidal flattening.104 His Nordic crania are distinguished from the Mediterranean sub-group largely on a basis of size and robusticity."

I have no clue why Riffians can be light featured btw, but if a Berberid is close to Atlanto Med, a light Berberid is close to Nordid in acc. to Coon especially if there is an affinity for a high head, narrow temples, very long crania which isnt uncommon there.

Edit: here another quote from Coon showing there were other similar skulls in Mesopotamia: The second type, commonest in Late Neolithic cemeteries of the Kiev government, is of the tall (stature = 171-172 cm.), hyperdolichocephalic variety, usually leptorrhine and high-vaulted, which we have called "Corded." Crania of this variety are actually few in number, and probably Late Neolithic in date. Metrically, they resemble the earliest Sumerian skulls at el 'Ubaid.
    Last edited by Immanenz; 05-14-2021 at 11:17 PM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,998
    Given: 43,451

0 Not allowed!

Anne Hidalgo and Raul look exotic for Spaniards, what's the point of this?

Many western Turks are phenotypically European and no one would even talk about it if the Ottomans hadn't conquest Constantinople in 1453. In case you aren't aware areas like north Africa and some Levantine regions have a significant percentage of people who belong to the "white race" as it was stated by several anthropologists...or are you one of those who think an europoid person is not so and can't be considered white just because it was born outside if the arbitrary borders of the continent called Europe?

Yes you are right, many eastern and northern phenotypes overlap with central Asians. Remember your own words in the future.
    There is much more crossover between Southern Europe and West Asia (North Africa is more debatable) than there is between NE Europe and Central Asia. It is not even a comparison, and nor is it solely because some West Asians (superficially) look European. (I say 'superficially' because even the lighter-pigmented ones still often display Semitic or Anatolian features).

I was blind but now I see
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-27-2024 @ 12:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,655
    Given: 5,621

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon2 View Post
    Would I be a foreign to the north of Perpignan? / I Would pass in Portugal?

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...=1#post7161549
    You sure pass in Portugal 100%...not sure about passing north of Perpignan, better ask the experts about it.

Seriously, people around here are full of shit and I question if they are really normal IRL...so forget about it.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,998
    Given: 43,451

1 Not allowed!

You sure pass in Portugal 100%...not sure about passing north of Perpignan, better ask the experts about it.

Seriously, people around here are full of shit and I question if they are really normal IRL...so forget about it.
    He'd pass well enough throughout France actually.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-12-2022 @ 12:28 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic/Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ethnic French
    Ancestry
    1/2 Breton+various French regions
    Country
    Hungary
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Berid and Litorid
    Politics
    National-Liberalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 732
    Given: 660

1 Not allowed!

He'd pass well enough throughout France actually.
    Not really.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    Andean highlander
    Country
    Bolivia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,310
    Given: 2,696

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Immanenz View Post
    This can most likely be some ancient Basal relation which is shared fom the Iranic plateau to the Arabic peninsula to North Africa...

Quotes from Coon: "The Corded crania are larger than any from Egypt, and are metrically very similar to the Elmenteita skulls from East Africa - the two groups could be combined without loss of homogeneity. In Mesopotamia, they may be favorably compared with the three dynastic skulls from Ur, although they are higher vaulted than the other early groups."
    Also: "
    here is the link for those Elmenteita skulls- those people looked like East Africans most likely and in the article its written they had "clearly negroid affinity" ...
    https://www.nature.com/articles/1200...df?origin=ppub
    I dont need to search for light individuals- "Nordic" skulled would be standard Moroccon footballers- they have a lot of characteristics what Coon considered Nordic- high and long skulled, very narrow temples, slender, thin-long nose

https://www.footballdatabase.eu/imag...205/205013.jpg
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...u74Vg&usqp=CAU
    https://imgl.krone.at/scaled/2290435/v890be8/full.jpg
    too gracile but he is hyperdolicephalic
    http://antropologia-fizyczna.pl/imag...ski/ak-r01.jpg
    even a owerwhelmingly SSA player- he most likely resembles that Elemteita skull:
    https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...re-id600211231
    hyperdolicephalic Nordic Swiss:
    http://shrani.si/f/2Y/XA/3VdU44xV/races-of-europe.png
    The problem is that Nordic morphological traits among the Riffians are strongly associated with blondism. This positive association cannot be explained by some deep shared ancestry since it has already been proven that genes for non-Australoid blond and red hair first appear in Siberia and spread from there with Indo-European speaking steppe pastoralists. Most North Africans have significant steppe admixture, which might've come from Iberia during the Bell Beaker expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Immanenz View Post
    Fact is Coon said: in North Africans peaks "Atlanto Med" (aka Berberid), they have Borreby like Afalou survivor- it seems to me there is affinity for more long and robust skulls. Similar stating Hooton's "Guanche" type skulls, although not as large as the Afalou bou Rummel crania, resemble them morphologically, with heavy browridges, strong muscular markings, low orbits, and lambdoidal flattening.104 His Nordic crania are distinguished from the Mediterranean sub-group largely on a basis of size and robusticity."
    Coon wrote that the majority of the Mediterraneans in North Africa are negroid admixed, which is perfectly in line with genetic research.
    Last edited by Token; 05-15-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,689
    Given: 23,948

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilcar View Post
    yes buddhists lived 15km away from my country and interacted with it during centuries. What now ?
    With interacting you mean fighting and nothing else, true?
    Because you said it as if both peoples were friends, live together in harmony and shared things, when it was all the opposite

Actually I don't deny this possibility but it's highly unlikely because no buddhist kingdom/empire ever controlled my country nor did thousands of them settled in my country nor did any community in my country converted massively to buddhism.
    You fail to associate controlling the land and controlling the people. Muslims controlling parts of Iberia did not mean they controlled the people whom we descend.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,703
    Given: 16,822

0 Not allowed!

??? I never said north africans have higher % I said only riffians and kabyles based on anthropologists now they might be wrong I don't know but that's what they wrote. It must be noted that like token said, Coon actually lived among riffians.

some examples that Coon gave that looks "irish" or nordic according to him :

this "irish" look was also mentionned by David Hart who also went there :

also this :

Alan Houghton Brodick, in his book "North Africa", p.20, mentions that in the countryside of northern Morocco, "you are astonished at the number of men (and women for they often go unveiled) who might pass for Scots among a population that sometimes looks more northern than southern europeans".
    interesting

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast

Thread Information