PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Veganism debate thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Veganism debate thread

Last Online
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Religion
    born again atheist?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,024
    Given: 12,251

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
    What a wonderful, darling man you are.
    1) There are sources claiming Hitler was a vegetarian because he was concerned about animal suffering. He had a good relationship with his dog too. Yet few people would describe him as a 'goOod person'. So I don't see a linear correlation between being vegan and being a 'good person'.
    2) Gandhi was also a vegetarian, yet made 'racist' statements about black people for which many SJWs (who are coincidentally often vegans) would denounce him.
    3) 40% of Indians are vegeterian yet they have much higher homicide rate than do Hong Kong people even though HK has one of the highest meat consumption / capita on earth.
    Last edited by Universe; 05-11-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Last Online
    06-16-2021 @ 02:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    New-World White
    Ancestry
    Western Europe
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Basically Alpine
    Politics
    Ethno-Nationalism Meets Animal Liberation
    Religion
    Agnostic Deist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 493
    Given: 95

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    1) There are sources claiming Hitler was a vegetarian because he was concerned about animal suffering. He had a good relationship with his dog too. Yet few people would describe him as a 'goOod person'. So I don't see a linear correlation between being vegan and being a 'good person'.
    2) Gandhi was also a vegetarian, yet made 'racist' statements about black people for which many SJWs (who are coincidentally often vegans) would denounce him.
    3) 40% of Indians are vegeterian yet they have much higher homicide rate than do Hong Kong people even though HK has one of the highest meat consumption / capita on earth.
    Plenty of people who oppose child rape are immoral in other ways. That must mean that there is nothing good about opposing child rape.

Right?
    Dominion: Full Documentary

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    I would provide semen but I wouldnt bang her. Maybe I would if you really want it but I doubt someone really wants that. I know I wouldnt want that but I would accept semen.

Last Online
    06-16-2021 @ 02:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    New-World White
    Ancestry
    Western Europe
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Basically Alpine
    Politics
    Ethno-Nationalism Meets Animal Liberation
    Religion
    Agnostic Deist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 493
    Given: 95

0 Not allowed!

[Double post. Please delete.]
    Dominion: Full Documentary

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    I would provide semen but I wouldnt bang her. Maybe I would if you really want it but I doubt someone really wants that. I know I wouldnt want that but I would accept semen.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Religion
    born again atheist?
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
    Plenty of people who oppose child rape are immoral in other ways. That must mean that there is nothing good about opposing child rape.
    Right?
    How can you compare child rape to killing animals? Killing animals or taking advantage of them in other ways was something accepted in every society, child rape wasn't.

Neighborhood Friendly Nuna <3
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Austronesian
    Ethnicity
    Samoan
    Ancestry
    Samoan
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Longbowman
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,533
    Given: 11,712

0 Not allowed!

I’ve been slowly moving away from meat due to my dietary needs changing.

I have noticed that pork and beef generally bring my mood down. I feel sluggish and gross. Over the years, I’ve gotten very particular about how chicken is cooked and generally avoid it unless I cook it to how I like it.

I’m big on seafood, particularly fish, squid, and octopus, but Idk. If I could get all my needs met by going vegan, why not.

Before, there was a need to survive, kill animals to sustain self, and thrive. For a lot of people, we don’t have this evolutionary need anymore. We gloss over the fact that most of the meats now are purchased from grocery stores that buy animals that have been mass bred, injected with hormones to grow faster with more meat to them, overcrowding them, and not even giving them a life they can enjoy.

I suppose we won’t understand how it feels until we’re forced into this, but we’re supposed to know what it’s like to be humane. I’m sure if I read a story about humans being bred for food and jailed until their inevitable deaths, I would be horrified.

I don’t live on a farm. I’m not pioneering somewhere and living off the land. I hope someday to live near a forest or even a beach and live more self sustaining and more responsibly. I think such an existence would be more fulfilling than contributing to a system that cages the spirit and masks the true heart.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,303
    Given: 8,229

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilcar View Post
    You can fight for a better treatments of animals in these slaughterhouses, you can also fight for reducing our consumption of meat but veganism doesn't make sense to me it's not in harmony with our omnivorous nature.
    That thing pisses me off aswell.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

How can you compare child rape to killing animals? Killing animals or taking advantage of them in other ways was something accepted in every society, child rape wasn't.
    That was not that guy's point, focus on the form. All he's trying to say is that you can't use a few examples to make that kind of reasoning correct in general.

Why should I care about animal lives and why should they be treated in a humane way?
    A sick thing to say. If you have to explain why, you should pay a visit to a shrink.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Religion
    born again atheist?
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    That was not that guy's point, focus on the form. All he's trying to say is that you can't use a few examples to make that kind of reasoning correct in general.
    He implied I was a 'bad person' for not being an animal rights activist, then I pointed out that one can be a good person without supporting animals (or vice versa)
    A sick thing to say. If you have to explain why, you should pay a visit to a shrink.
    Or maybe I'm immune to it because I grew up in a rural setting where as a few years old child I already watched my father decapitate turkeys and chicken that we raised in our backyard. I suspect many of these vegan activists were raised in a modern, soyboy environment. Before modern economic system(so in 99% of humankind's history), children seeing animals get killed was natural, then killing animals was outsourced to slaughterhouses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    Thank you! With God help's everything is possible! <3
    Does god encourage veganism though?
    Nope, according to quora and biblestudy.org.
    https://www.quora.com/What-does-the-...on-meat-eating
    https://www.biblestudy.org/question/...ting-meat.html
    Last edited by Universe; 05-11-2021 at 07:12 PM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

He implied I was a 'bad person' for not being an animal rights activist, then I pointed out that one can be a good person without supporting animals (or vice versa)
    You've only pointed out the vice versa thing. To which I agree. One can be a facking asshole and like animals. But you didn't demonstrate the original thing by any of your given examples. And that's where we clash. I'm no animal rights activist, and if I proclaimed myself one, I'd be a pretty bad example since I facking love meat. But, and that's important, I'm not indiferrent to animals from whom the meat comes either.

Or maybe I'm immune to it because I grew up in a rural setting where as a few years old child I already watched my father decapitate turkeys and chicken that we raised in our backyard. I suspect many of these vegan activists were raised in a modern, soyboy environment. Before modern economic system(so in 99% of humankind's history), children seeing animals get killed was natural, then killing animals was outsourced to slaughterhouses.
    Pal, you think that you can lecture someone whose one line is from Oiartzun and whose other line is originially from a rural part of Mikulov about any of that? And I wasn't born yesterday, either. :-)

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Religion
    born again atheist?
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    You've only pointed out the vice versa thing.
    Meat eaters are people who don't care about animal lives (vast majority of them eat meat coming from slaughterhouses). You think I couldn't pick random gOod persons who eat meat?
    But you didn't demonstrate the original thing by any of your given examples. And that's where we clash.
    He said I was a bad person for not caring about animal lives, then I demonstrated that if I am indeed a 'bad person' as he implied then starting to care about animal lives won't necessarily turn me into a good person. And there are very high amount of good persons eating meat that don't care about animal suffering / eat meat coming from slaughterhouse, it's not even needed to point them out. 'Good person' is a weird, arbitrary concept anyway. 'Defiance' may call see as a bad person, but my father will without doubt declare me a good person.
    Pal, you think that you can lecture someone whose one line is from Oiartzun and whose other line is originially from a rural part of Mikulov about any of that? And I wasn't born yesterday, either. :-)
    I'm not lecturing, I'm just saying what is true (it wasn't directed only to you). People nowadays care about animal suffering more and more because they're raised differently than in the past.
    Last edited by Universe; 05-11-2021 at 08:42 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information