PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Veganism debate thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Veganism debate thread

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,275
    Given: 8,187

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Meat eaters are people who don't care about animal lives (vast majority of them eat meat coming from slaughterhouses). You think I couldn't pick random gOod persons who eat meat?
    Antimage, I genuinely thought you're smarter than this. Yes, of course you can. I eat meat and I can pass for a reasonably good person. I care more about being fair than being nice but that's another matter.

He said I was a bad person for not caring about animal lives, then I demonstrated that if I am indeed a 'bad person' as he implied then starting to care about animal lives won't necessarily turn me into a good person. And there are very high amount of good persons eating meat that don't care about animal suffering / come from slaughterhouse, it's not even needed to point them out. ( 'good person' is a weird, arbitrary concept anyway)
    Yeah, you're taking the implication the wrong way again. :-) So to summarize,

1) no, caring about animals doesn't necessarily make you a good person

2) no, eating meat doesn't necessarily make you a bad person

3) yes, saying stuff like

Why should I care about animal lives and why should they be treated in a humane way?
    does make you a bad person.

People nowadays care about animal suffering more and more because they're raised differently than in the past.
    Then tell that to someone for whom that's relevant. Not me.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Orthodox Croat
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,938
    Given: 12,153

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    3) yes, saying stuff like
    does make you a bad person.
    Because you said so?
    Then tell that to someone for whom that's relevant. Not me.
    I don't know if you quoted me before I edited it or you just cropped that out, but here it is again:
    I'm not lecturing, I'm just saying what is true (it wasn't directed only to you). People nowadays care about animal suffering more and more because they're raised differently than in the past.
    (you can check it was edited 20 mins before this post)

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,251
    Given: 13,608

2 Not allowed!

We humans are more humane to animals than nature is. In the wild domestic animals wouldn't be able to survive that easy. I too think we should provide them (domestic animals) with good life before ending them humanely, fast and without pain. Just like anyone else I too hate to see animals in small cages, tortured etc. But I like barbecues, can't help myself.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,275
    Given: 8,187

0 Not allowed!

Because you said so?
    Not because I said so. And not because of some divine standard either. But because I have a compassion. If you don't then I pity you.

I don't know if you quoted me before I edited it or you just cropped that out, but here it is again:

(you can check it was edited 20 mins before this post)
    Don't think answering your replies is my top priority. That post was there before the time, ready to be sent. Just because I didn't send that stuff, Antimage, doesn't mean shit, I had that opened.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    ᖭི༏ᖫྀ
    Ancestry
    Med
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,611
    Given: 10,184

2 Not allowed!

I agree to a certain extent but veganism is extreme. I think we should be sourcing our meat ethically rather than giving it up completely (unless of course you want to). So rather than buying the mass produced factory meats, we should be supporting local farmers. It's bloody hard work raising cattle and maintaining a farm (my grandmother taught me how), up before the crack of dawn and not home till night time. It's a hard, tough job.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,244
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

State why you support or oppose veganism.
    Pescetarianism is superior as long as you do not eat fish high in the food chain e.g. PCBs and Dioxin containing fish

Veganism is mentally retarded it just seems healthy compared to the average American diet.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Orthodox Croat
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,938
    Given: 12,153

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    Veganism is mentally retarded it just seems healthy compared to the average American diet.
    Nope, not necessarily. Many of the unhealthy ingredients that are part of the 'mainstream American diet' are vegan.
    Sugar, flour, vegetable oils (soybean oil, sunflower oil, canola oil etc),transfats, various types of sweeets and cookies, heroin, cocaine, alcohol, tobacco etc are also vegan but they aren't healthy. So just because something is vegan that doesn't necessarily mean it's also healthy. Both veganism and omnivorism can be conducted in a healthy and unhealthy way (yet only one of them want to force their lifestyle on the other)
    Last edited by Universe; 05-12-2021 at 10:20 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-23-2022 @ 01:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Magyar
    Ancestry
    Historic Hungary/Holy Roman Empire
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    R-M417 (8700 ybp)
    mtDNA
    H10-a T16093C (9000 ybp)
    Politics
    Green Left
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,864
    Given: 444

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ylla View Post
    I agree to a certain extent but veganism is extreme. I think we should be sourcing our meat ethically rather than giving it up completely (unless of course you want to). So rather than buying the mass produced factory meats, we should be supporting local farmers. It's bloody hard work raising cattle and maintaining a farm (my grandmother taught me how), up before the crack of dawn and not home till night time. It's a hard, tough job.
    Veganism is a philosophy that is not just about not eating meat, but also not eating any food that comes from any sentient living being, plus also any clothing that comes from animals, since none of that was meant for us, we have clear alternatives in everything which don't involve sentient beings. At the end of the day it's what makes you be reconciled with yourself. I like to think of myself as a highly ethical person, thus any form of animal exploitation to my possible benefit is unacceptable to me and would make me feel as a major hypocrite. I know I may be a hypocrite in some other ways, but I'm always trying to improve myself and avoid being one as much as possible.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    WHG+EGH
    Country
    Chad
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 979
    Given: 1,125

0 Not allowed!

I have nothing against Vegans or Veganism,but i do have against their mentality,they re trying to push that stuff into everyones head and they can t seem to respect people who still consume meat..sure its messed up to watch some of the animals get butchered but it is how the system works..without meat consumption,where would we be today? and how would we evolved if we only had a plant based diet?
    Eating only plants will get us to nothing.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    half Persian, half Siamese
    Country
    Slovakia
    Taxonomy
    meow
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,504
    Given: 4,493

0 Not allowed!

Nope, not necessarily. Many of the unhealthy ingredients that are part of the 'mainstream American diet' are vegan.
    Sugar, flour, vegetable oils (soybean oil, sunflower oil, canola oil etc),transfats, various types of sweeets and cookies, heroin, cocaine, alcohol, tobacco etc are also vegan but they aren't healthy. So just because something is vegan that doesn't necessarily mean it's also healthy. Both veganism and omnivorism can be conducted in a healthy and unhealthy way (yet only one of them want to force their lifestyle on the other)
    No. Most vegetarians and vegans don't try pushing their beliefs and lifestyle onto others. Ones who do are radicals, and although sometimes loud, they are a very much a minority.

One of my parents and I don't eat meat, while the other parent and sibling are omnivores. We've never shamed them for eating meat, but meanwhile, they do every now and then still offer us to share a steak, "just in case we changed our mind." Which is kinda insensitive and rude, in a passive-agressive way. Trying to tempt us is disrespectful of our choice.

On both sides there's people who are being inconsiderate. But for the most part, most people don't care what other people eat.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information