Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why greeks from mainland say they are the real greeks and not from islands it's the opposite.

Last Online
    07-10-2023 @ 09:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Vatican City
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,506
    Given: 1,296

1 Not allowed!

Last Online
    10-16-2021 @ 10:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    mixed
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 26

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GalenStark View Post
    You haven't really proven anything though. You really cannot expect ancient Greeks to have remained homogenous and Islander-like up until the migration era. That is literally asinine. Especially when we are basically discussing an ancient civilization that was like the "New York" or "Rome" if the time. They are likely not to have been very homogenous.

As I also stated, we still have zero Iron Age, late antiquity samples from the Greek mainland. According to some leaks, there is supposedly some coming and they are definitely not islander like. I don't disagree that early Proto-Greeks were more islander like.

If you expect that to have remained the case until the migration, then you're either completely ignorant of reality or have an agenda.

You say i have no proof you have no proof also. I use autosomal analysis with least squared method to confirmed mycenean sample from Lazaridis Harvard official publication.

You cope by say fairy tales and personal attacks but no comment on original post.

Helladic grave is not linked to real ancient greek artifacts, i read the paper if you have supplement information you can link and provide proof but you can't because there is no artifact to link.

So have a nice day with fairy tales of new york. another inferiority complex individual to Island Greeks also known Real Greeks.

Last Online
    03-06-2022 @ 10:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balkan
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Ancestry
    North Albanian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-Y133361
    mtDNA
    H11a2b*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 36

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by userade View Post
    You say i have no proof you have no proof also. I use autosomal analysis with least squared method to confirmed mycenean sample from Lazaridis Harvard official publication.

You cope by say fairy tales and personal attacks but no comment on original post.

Helladic grave is not linked to real ancient greek artifacts, i read the paper if you have supplement information you can link and provide proof but you can't because there is no artifact to link.

So have a nice day with fairy tales of new york. another inferiority complex individual to Island Greeks also known Real Greeks.
    Who's attacking you? You consider someone pointing out you have an agenda is an attack?

Where did I disagree with original Proto-Greeks being islander like?

Where is your proof that Ancient Greeks remained islander like up until the migration? You call a handful of EBA samples proof that Greeks remained islander like without any change?

We still have ZERO ancient Greeks from the Iron Age and Late Antiquity. Some early medieval Greco-Roman samples already cluster with mainland Greeks. Slavs are not the only ones responsible for this steppe shift. There are likely other events that occurred in the Greek Iron Age that are well documented. One of which are the Dorian invasions.

If we have Iron Age Greek samples clustering with islanders mostly then you would have a point. Otherwise it's just your opinion. Also, not a fantasy. It's been discussed on anthrogenica by users like Generalissimo and others. Some genuinely mainland like Greek samples from the Iron Age were supposedly found. If that is confirmed in the future your entire argument is moot.

Lastly, I'm Albanian. Lol. I have nothing against Islander Greeks nor have I even met one personally. So you can calm down with the "everybody hates us" attitude. The inferiority complex seems to be your own.

Last Online
    11-30-2022 @ 09:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502
    Given: 155

0 Not allowed!

The Helladic Greek samples are already indicative that the mainland Greeks after the Iron Age were more steppe mixed. If anything, it is evidence that additional Steppe admixture was already present in Northern Greece before any medieval migrations.

The Mycenaean samples are Bronze age samples of Southern Greeks. I was always cautious with those samples and argued that we don't know the genetic make up of the Greeks further North. The proto-Greek area. Migrations North to South (or South to North) might have continued.

This research quite significantly debunks the Slavic migration thesis. We are slowly completing the puzzle as to how the Greeks are formed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information