Page 10 of 155 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: No, southern Europeans have no reason to want to be northern Europeans.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2022 @ 11:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Silves + Portimăo + Ferragudo, Portugal
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,076
    Given: 6,670

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    Re Italy the reason why Italy was so successful was because of significant Nordic and Alpine components in the North, most of the significant figures came from the northern regions with many less in the south. I still stand by what i said when i say that the North helped move Europe forward from a continent that was quite poor to one that became prosperous, we must never forget just how big an impact the mastering of electricity has had on our lives.
    Let's move it back to back then... I get modern help of southern euro in terms of northern technology, but that is thanks to ancient civilization progressing those uneducated areas. So can you please give me several examples of how the Northern Europeans are to thank for the Ancient Greeks success, and for the Roman Empire later on? You realize these two greats... which are the pinnacle of European civilization, were heavily southward? Trading mostly with other Mediterranean peoples outside of europe more than any northerner??? BEcause they were barbaric and had little to offer... all they rlly did was fight, invade, and some trade.Thank you. Because I heavily disagree.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,328
    Given: 5,571

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Luso View Post
    Can you please give me several examples of how the Northern Europeans are to thank for the Ancient Greeks success, and for the Roman Empire later on? Thank you. Because I heavily disagree.
    Nordics used the ideas taught by the Greeks and Romans and developed from them, they took those worlds out of the stagnation they had endured since they were founded and brought them into the 19th, 20th, 21st century and it was that genius that the Nordic mind had that was able to develop such complex technologies, the engine could not have been built without them or perhaps the Japanese/Koreans who also equal or near equal the Nordics in technological success.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-15-2021 @ 04:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 685
    Given: 443

0 Not allowed!

Lol, well Meds have mastered bricks and food, Nordics have mastered SCIENCE, progress, technology, if that is not a bigger achievement i don't know what is, if it was not for the Nordics we would still be living a sort of Iron age existence, the Nordics are the ones who have enabled the rest to enjoy all the comforts of modern life.
    Ýes, let's review: the natives in Canada, the natives in the USA, the aboriginals in Australia and in Tasmania, over 100 million Indians (from India), around 300 million Chinese, 2 million Irish people, and a long etc... all of them rest very comfortably in the modern age, thanks to those nordics; ah, and I can't remember how many others in Africa.

Definetly the entire world is in debt with the nordics.

Entire World, say thank you, please

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Without the Nordic technologies and science the whole world would still be using horses to travel, or going by boat, all the Roman, Greek teachings would have been useful but i don't think that those ideas alone would really have advanced us that much unless there are people with real initiative, genius who can work out ways of developing technologies. Elon Musk is someone who i am grateful for, figures like him just do not crop up anywhere.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2022 @ 11:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Silves + Portimăo + Ferragudo, Portugal
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,076
    Given: 6,670

1 Not allowed!

Nordics used the ideas taught by the Greeks and Romans and developed from them, they took those worlds out of the stagnation they had endured since they were founded and brought them into the 19th, 20th, 21st century and it was that genius that the Nordic mind had that was able to develop such complex technologies, the engine could not have been built without them or perhaps the Japanese/Koreans who also equal or near equal the Nordics in technological success.
    The "Nordic mind", lol. So you really think Nordics are just inherently more intelligent than southern Europeans or something? The geniuses of southern Europe gave the ability for those northern Europeans YEARS later to even begin to provide much later on. Good on northern Europe for emphasizing education even beyond the south especially during their enlightenment, but that by no means that southern Europe is less than them. They just have different priorities... the south enjoys the warm weather, works off tourism, many successful people nonetheless, geniuses (Just like northern Europe), and plethora of other key members of society.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,418
    Given: 7,888

1 Not allowed!

Re Italy the reason why Italy was so successful was because of significant Nordic and Alpine components in the North, most of the significant figures came from the northern regions with many less in the south. I still stand by what i said when i say that the North helped move Europe forward from a continent that was quite poor to one that became prosperous, we must never forget just how big an impact the mastering of electricity has had on our lives.
    Yes and you're now added to the list of absolute twats.

It wasn't you that started the Ages of Discovery. But the Iberians. And Northern Euros continued with the momentum.

Electricity was a joint end result of Alessandro Volta (hence the volt, so much for muh physics knowlege) and Michael Faraday. And the theory about it stretches back to Thales of Miletus, ffs.

All Euros contributed to human achievement, whether you like it or not.

I know you're a bloody Nordicist, but c'mon, you can do much better as an individual for God's sake already.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Luso View Post
    The "Nordic mind", lol. So you really think Nordics are just inherently more intelligent than southern Europeans or something? The geniuses of southern Europe gave the ability for those northern Europeans YEARS later to even begin to provide much later on. Good on northern Europe for emphasizing education even beyond the south especially during their enlightenment, but that by no means that southern Europe is less than them. They just have different priorities... the south enjoys the warm weather, works off tourism, many successful people nonetheless, geniuses (Just like northern Europe), and plethora of other key members of society.
    I think there is a component that is passed on genetically, i mean with the nobel prize Spain is like 5 times less than France, Portugal infact has double interestingly enough, countries with Nordic/upper paleolithic populations have more with the highest figures being in Ireland, Scandinavia.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-21-2023 @ 06:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    France, Italy, Switzerland
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,343
    Given: 3,478

0 Not allowed!

Lol, Russia invented spacecraft and have an aircraft industry, what is the Spanish or Italian aviation company?(and i am not talking about Iberia or Alitalia) As for the rest, that is what communism and low birthrates does to you, wait until they bounce back like Ireland has and you will see burgeoning economies i think, there is a lot of untapped potential in the Baltic.
    Alenia... Which one of the biggest aircraft companies in Europe. Founded more than a century ago, more than 13 000 employees...

Please, before throwing idiocies, make some researchs.

Italian research on physics, astrophysics and aeronautics is at a top level in Italy.
    Last edited by Samnium; 05-11-2021 at 07:50 PM.

Last Online
    03-23-2024 @ 09:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,742
    Given: 3,217

2 Not allowed!

I think there is a component that is passed on genetically, i mean with the nobel prize Spain is like 5 times less than France, Portugal infact has double interestingly enough, countries with Nordic/upper paleolithic populations have more with the highest figures being in Ireland, Scandinavia.
    It's a swedish award. Big surprise that Sweden has the most awards, i didn't see that one coming.

Here is the Prince of Asturias awards from Spain, i wonder who has the most awards...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince...sturias_Awards

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-21-2023 @ 06:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    France, Italy, Switzerland
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,343
    Given: 3,478

0 Not allowed!

You have exactly the same discourse as Lynn. What do you say about italo-americans who are in majority from South and that have lot of renown scientists ? What do you say about that ?

By the way, the region with the most achievements in Italy is Tuscany which is certainly not "Nordic" or whatever. Same for Rome, Naples etc.

Page 10 of 155 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread Information