PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
No, southern Europeans have no reason to want to be northern Europeans. - Page 9
Page 9 of 155 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: No, southern Europeans have no reason to want to be northern Europeans.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,444
    Given: 5,761

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_space_program
    As for Brazil, they were never a superpower in the way Soviet Union/Russia was.
    Finland/Estonia doesn't have space programme either yet they do better on the PISA test than do Russians.
    I would not expect Finland or Estonia to be capable on their own of such big things like that but they are incredibly advanced countries, especially Finland which is constantly rated the happiest, most educated country etc, when has Spain been voted that? lol

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,303
    Given: 8,229

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    The Vikings knew America several centuries before the Spaniards had even heard about it. They even had a significant influence on Mesoamerican civilizations. Colombus relied heavily on their knowledge for his "discovery" of America. It has been demonstrated by French-Argentinian anthropologist Jacques de Mahieu.
    And what exactly they did with that knowledge? It was Spain which conquered the continent, established their government, connected the two worlds and set the path for the European expansion to the new world. Sorry pal, some lumber camp in the dark ages counts for nothing.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,452
    Given: 7,901

2 Not allowed!

I love how this thread is quite literally a fight between Nordicists and Mediterranists.

When, they're the same fucking shit.

Whether it's Centurion, JamesBond007, CV, alnortedelsur, HelpOswald, Radimir, Nassbean/Hamilcar or any fucking retard, Nordicist or Mediterranist or whatever, they shouldn't be heard.

Each civilisation in Europe has their own fucking achievements.

So everyone please do:

"Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    E1b1a-FT4968
    mtDNA
    V6b1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,477
    Given: 2,729

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    And what exactly they did with that knowledge? It was Spain which conquered the continent, established their government, connected the two worlds and set the path for the European expansion to the new world. Sorry pal, some lumber camp in the dark ages counts for nothing.
    If the Vikings count as discoverers of America, I can't find the reason why the ancestors of today's Native Americans were not the first, 15,000 years ago.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    I love how this thread is quite literally a fight between Nordicists and Mediterranists.

When, they're the same fucking shit.

Whether it's Centurion, JamesBond007, CV, alnortedelsur, HelpOswald, Radimir, Nassbean/Hamilcar or any fucking retard, Nordicist or Mediterranist or whatever, they shouldn't be heard.

Each civilisation in Europe has their own fucking achievements.

So everyone please do:

Lol, well Meds have mastered bricks and food, Nordics have mastered SCIENCE, progress, technology, if that is not a bigger achievement i don't know what is, if it was not for the Nordics we would still be living a sort of Iron age existence, the Nordics are the ones who have enabled the rest to enjoy all the comforts of modern life.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,303
    Given: 8,229

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon2 View Post
    If the Vikings count as discoverers of America, I can't find the reason why the ancestors of today's Native Americans were not the first, 15,000 years ago.
    For one example. Or those Siberians living around the Bering Strait who traded with them in relatively modern history before the actual discovery was done.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    E1b1a-FT4968
    mtDNA
    V6b1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,477
    Given: 2,729

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    For one example. Or those Siberians living around the Bering Strait who traded with them in relatively modern history before the actual discovery was done.
    By "discovery of America" I understand that it is a historical concept that is within an exclusively European context, which is the union of the old world (Eurasia) with the new, the American. Pretending it to be something else is silly, of course there were bison, humans and migratory birds that visited America continuously, but it was not something relevant to Europeans until the 15th century.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,452
    Given: 7,901

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    Lol, well Meds have mastered bricks and food, Nordics have mastered SCIENCE, progress, technology, if that is not a bigger achievement i don't know what is, if it was not for the Nordics we would still be living a sort of Iron age existence, the Nordics are the ones who have enabled the rest to enjoy all the comforts of modern life.
    The modern world has been shaped by all Europeans, North, South, Eastern and Western.

In some sectors, Northerners have made most achievements, in others, Southern Euros and so on.

If you claim authenticity in all facets of achievement, then besides being an arrogant bastard, you're also a big time plonker twat. Because even muh Charles Murray, which you quoted says that Italy, a Southern European nation, has about 25% of all achievements post the year 1500.

Before 1500 almost all achievements were made by southern Euros. Does that mean we should claim authenticity? No.

We just did our part. And you did yours. As all Euros after all. You're not fucking original. So shut up and:

"Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,113
    Given: 10,158

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    Every nation and region of Europe has made a contribution somewhere. Meds, especially Greeks/Italians have made many contributions in the fields of politics, philosophy, and science over the years. The Italians/Romans formed the basis of western society with the Latin/Catholic west, and further on down the line much of that political influence came from ancient Greece. Both Northern and Southern Europeans have reasons to respect each other historically. The idea of "Nordics" being some masters is stupid as well. And we should be specific, its Brits/Germans who've made the big contributions in the North of Europe. Not Scandinavians who are much more historically insignificant. So if you're going to big up the north of Europe, be more specific.

These divisions are stupid and don't exist IRL. You live in the UK, have you ever heard anyone attack southern Europeans? I haven't. Ask someone here what they think about southern Europeans and it'll be nothing but complimentary words about the food, weather, history, warm/friendly culture etc. It is eastern Europeans who are occasionally disliked here, but even then I don't think the average person dislikes them, some people are just critical about the large amount of them who were allowed to come here within a short period of time due to EU freedom of movement, and how many of them do not integrate and live in closed off communities. But of course, this led to the Brexit vote, and we all know what happened there. The division as I said previously is more eastern vs western, but even that division is beginning to wane with plenty of ex red bloc nations becoming more developed and westernized politically.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    The modern world has been shaped by all Europeans, North, South, Eastern and Western.

In some sectors, Northerners have made most achievements, in others, Southern Euros and so on.

If you claim authenticity in all facets of achievement, then besides being an arrogant bastard, you're also a big time plonker twat. Because even muh Charles Murray, which you quoted says that Italy, a Southern European nation, has about 25% of all achievements post the year 1500.

Before 1500 almost all achievements were made by southern Euros. Does that mean we should claim authenticity? No.

We just did our part. And you did yours. As all Euros after all. You're not fucking original. So shut up and:

Re Italy the reason why Italy was so successful was because of significant Nordic and Alpine components in the North, most of the significant figures came from the northern regions with many less in the south. I still stand by what i said when i say that the North helped move Europe forward from a continent that was quite poor to one that became prosperous, we must never forget just how big an impact the mastering of electricity has had on our lives.

Page 9 of 155 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread Information