Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Peruvian fans / Peruvian phenotypes

Daven

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Amador View Post
    Sorry but, to an extent, this is bullshit, Peru is a developing nation yes but we are not doing that bad (in comparison to several other countries in the region), at least 80% of us are amerindians and indomestizos but between 40-50% of people in the country are middle class, so there you go.
    I sent a PM to you.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Last Online
    12-10-2022 @ 12:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Austrian/German
    Country
    Austria
    Politics
    uncertain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 443
    Given: 416

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mixdguy17 View Post
    Either way to state that theres a lack of indo mestizos and amerindians in these pics for the sole fact of assuming they are poor just bcs they are amerindian, indomestizo, or mestizos is pretty dumb, since anyone can be rich or poor and assuming ones economics situation just bcs of their phenotype is really messed up, football game tickets are not expensive either.

You always see and hear that latin americans are ashamed of their partial indigenous roots, that they hate the indigenous people and despise them, why is that then? These countries had centuries of an racial segretation, almost a caste system. You cant tell me that there is no discrimination and disadvantage for indigenous people or people looking indigenous and they have the same chances as everyone else.

https://perureports.com/peru-racism-...-culture/7135/

Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 02:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Basque
    Ethnicity
    castizo
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Center-right
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 139
    Given: 112

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mixdguy17 View Post
    A little bit more euro than I would have thought, usually in my mind Peruvians are around indo mestizo or mestizo range in phenotype, and since Peru and Bolivia are the most Amerindian countries in south america I think it would be understanble to assume so, but its not surprising theres a little bit of everything just like in any country, but theres more euro mestizos in these pics than what I would have expected.

Either way to state that theres a lack of indo mestizos and amerindians in these pics for the sole fact of assuming they are poor just bcs they are amerindian, indomestizo, or mestizos is pretty dumb, since anyone can be rich or poor and assuming ones economics situation just bcs of their phenotype is really messed up, football game tickets are not expensive either.
    Peru is not as Amerindian as it is stereotyped, the genetic average of a mestizo Peruvian varies from 50-55 Amerindian in the north, 60 in the center and 70 in the south.
    there are different degrees of miscegenation.
    Obviously it is an indomestizo country, but seeing a balanced mestizo or even a castizo is not at all rare

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Basque
    Ethnicity
    castizo
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Center-right
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Paraguayo HFD View Post
    I think Peru is around 63% Amerindian on average.
    Peru has areas where they are very indigenous and others where you can see that there were mixtures.
    Like México, in the north of Perú were more mixtures and has more whites than the south of the country, but Perú is less euro than México, idk how much, but these countrys aren't very diferents.
    more less are not very different than we say

Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 08:28 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Triracial Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Latino
    Ancestry
    70% European (Pred. Iberian, 1/16 Italian), 13% Native American, 12% SSA, and 5% MENA
    Country
    Venezuela
    Y-DNA
    R-L23
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    "Castizo": Alpinid + Med + Minor Amazonid
    Politics
    Independent/moderate
    Hero
    Peter Parker, Luke Skywalker, MLK
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,843
    Given: 5,100

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhulta View Post
    You always see and hear that latin americans are ashamed of their partial indigenous roots, that they hate the indigenous people and despise them, why is that then? These countries had centuries of an racial segretation, almost a caste system. You cant tell me that there is no discrimination and disadvantage for indigenous people or people looking indigenous and they have the same chances as everyone else.

Unfortunately it is a case for some people who are ashamed of their roots and discriminate againts people of heavy amerindian backgrounds, but those people themselves have a complex of their own by doing that, those trains of thoughts are also remnant of the colonial thoughts and behaviors, they shouldnt be practiced anymore though. But even though this is a thing, I dont understand what that has to do with claimimg that there are no amerindians in the stadium bcs they are "poor" its ridicioulous and is not helping the already existing problem we have with those sterotypes in here, so what u said its messed up, the fact that this is an existing issue doesnt mean u should perpetuate it, it does not help and its wrong. Also theres races in all social clases in all of LATAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    My real father is Donald J. Trump.

Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 08:28 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Triracial Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Latino
    Ancestry
    70% European (Pred. Iberian, 1/16 Italian), 13% Native American, 12% SSA, and 5% MENA
    Country
    Venezuela
    Y-DNA
    R-L23
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    "Castizo": Alpinid + Med + Minor Amazonid
    Politics
    Independent/moderate
    Hero
    Peter Parker, Luke Skywalker, MLK
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,843
    Given: 5,100

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Michito76 View Post
    Peru is not as Amerindian as it is stereotyped, the genetic average of a mestizo Peruvian varies from 50-55 Amerindian in the north, 60 in the center and 70 in the south.
    there are different degrees of miscegenation.
    Obviously it is an indomestizo country, but seeing a balanced mestizo or even a castizo is not at all rare
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    My real father is Donald J. Trump.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Basque
    Ethnicity
    castizo
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Center-right
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhulta View Post

In every country there is racism, it is not typical of Peru, it is not even typical of Latin America

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 09:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baldic
    Ethnicity
    Bald
    Ancestry
    Bald individuals
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Baldid
    Politics
    Pro-Baldness, Hair Loss
    Hero
    Charles the Bald
    Religion
    Ironically Calvinist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,038
    Given: 995

0 Not allowed!

we need more peruvian immigrants like this

Last Online
    12-10-2022 @ 12:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Austrian/German
    Country
    Austria
    Politics
    uncertain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 443
    Given: 416

0 Not allowed!

The way you belittle this issue, shows that it is still a big thing. Most of you are probably Castizos, i would like to hear opinions from mainly Indo Mestizos or Indigenous, i am certain they would tell a different story. I am certain its not like indigenous people are beaten on the streets or victims of harsh violent crimes, its more subtle.

Keep saying that racism is only an exception and has nothing to do with poverty. It is mostly the consequences of centuries of white or castizo people dominating the society, this is still a form of subtle racism and marginalization.

You know what being marginalized means? A group severaly disadvantaged and looked down, in this case because they are indigenous. This a reason to be poor? Its a vicious cycle. They are not born into rich families, most have to break up school so they can work and support their families, they live in places where there is almost not infrastructure and if, it is to exploit people and ressources, they do the cheap labor work, its a vicious cycle, ofcourse they stay poor, in a developing country they dont get help from the government, they have to help themselves, worry about their existence and their family dont have money for better education. This all goes down to racism that is present in your country at the moment the spaniards invaded it and still persits, maybe more silent, not as open, but it exists, this is mostly the case for indigenous but i am sure indo mestizos who happen to look indigenous than others, also face more discrimination and have less oppurtunities than you as castizo ever will.

something like this is still normalized among the population in peru, and subtle things like this shows, that it is ok for indigenous people to be disadvantaged and look down at
    https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...ries-of-racism

Last Online
    Today @ 07:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    West-Eurasian
    Ancestry
    Algeria, Europe and Syria
    Country
    Syria
    Y-DNA
    R1b1a1b1a1a2b or U152 (Christovano Barattini -Suna)
    mtDNA
    me: U1a1a1 (Buza Maggiori-Italy); dad: I1b (Pied-Noir)
    Politics
    Ancap
    Hero
    Jeffrey Sachs
    Relationship Status
    Fatti gli affari tuoi!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,806
    Given: 11,607

0 Not allowed!

Beautiful people. Very diverse phenotypes.
    Spoiler!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information