Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,748
    Given: 9,033

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    Mortimer or https://www.theapricity.com/forum/me...?28825-aruncaz

He says he is zero turk, and fully bosniak, but he speaks turkish, is muslim and grew up in Turkey and was born there. Mortimer is 5-7% Turk by DNA (is that really real?) but doesnt speak turkish, nor was ever in turkey.
    Bosniaks are culturally and historically interconnected with Turks, they are not different for us like other Westasian or Central Asian Turks, we really like them. Besides of the fact that you are not genetically Turkish, you have not any historical or cultural background which could make you related to us.

Aber wenn du tatsächlich interessiert bist bezüglich allem was mit Türken zu tun hat, ist das sehr schmeichelnd und du darfst mir jederzeit diesbezüglich Fragen stellen.

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,113
    Given: 10,158

1 Not allowed!

Mortimer.

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,136
    Given: 9,066

0 Not allowed!

Anyone can be Turk.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Rumelian
    Ethnicity
    Balkan Turkish, Pomak
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    Q-F16045
    mtDNA
    K1a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,836
    Given: 7,303

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlemagne_ View Post
    Anyone can be Turk.
    As long as they make out with a Turk before collecting saliva to the kit.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspias View Post
    As long as they make out with a Turk before collecting saliva to the kit.
    Turks are mixed people, it's not really a legit ethnic, rather nationality.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Rumelian
    Ethnicity
    Balkan Turkish, Pomak
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    Q-F16045
    mtDNA
    K1a
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Turks are mixed people, it's not really a legit ethnic, rather nationality.
    Turkey is a mixed country, just like Germany, France, UK, USA, Canada, Russia are. Turks are not a mixed people, have a distinctive culture and genetics than their neighbors and a legit ethnic by all means. One can be Turkish, one can not be Turk. Note the difference.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Turkey is a mixed country, just like Germany, France, UK, USA, Canada, Russia are. Turks are not a mixed people, have a distinctive culture and genetics than their neighbors and a legit ethnic by all means. One can be Turkish, one can not be Turk. Note the difference.
    Not true, Germans don't have mongolic/Arabic and European mixed features, they are just European looking.
    On other hand Turks are mix of those mentioned to some extent. You guys are genetic mess.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Rumelian
    Ethnicity
    Balkan Turkish, Pomak
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    Q-F16045
    mtDNA
    K1a
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Not true, Germans don't have mongolic/Arabic and European mixed features, they are just European looking.
    On other hand Turks are mix of those mentioned to some extent. You guys are genetic mess.
    Well, I see that you're new to this forum, search some genetic forums and use genetics rather than phenotypes. It will create healthier thoughts.

Anatolian Turks are Anatolian and Central Asian, Balkan Turks are Balkanite and Central Asian. That's it, and I don't see a mess here.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well, I see that you're new to this forum, search some genetic forums and use genetics rather than phenotypes. It will create healthier thoughts.

Anatolian Turks are Anatolian and Central Asian, Balkan Turks are Balkanite and Central Asian. That's it, and I don't see a mess here.
    It is, basically mess of genetics from thousands of kilometers2 mixed into one country. Many Turks genetically score in SE Europe, central Asia, western Asia and Arabian peninsula, so I'm just repeating myself again, you guys are a genetic mess.
    And let's not talk about the looks because that's like next level. From White ones to Turkic looking to straight out Arabic looking.
    I don't know why are you so insecure about your history and the place you live in. It's normal that country like Turkey is heavilly mixed, history doesn't lie, conquests and wars neither. No wonders you needed some kind of strong hands above your heads, because you would have ended much worse state then you are now.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Rumelian
    Ethnicity
    Balkan Turkish, Pomak
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    Q-F16045
    mtDNA
    K1a
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It is, basically mess of genetics from thousands of kilometers2 mixed into one country. Many Turks genetically score in SE Europe, central Asia, western Asia and Arabian peninsula, so I'm just repeating myself again, you guys are a genetic mess.
    And let's not talk about the looks because that's like next level. From White ones to Turkic looking to straight out Arabic looking.
    I don't know why are you so insecure about your history and the place you live in. It's normal that country like Turkey is heavilly mixed, history doesn't lie, conquests and wars neither. No wonders you needed some kind of strong hands above your heads, because you would have ended much worse state then you are now.
    It is funny enough. If those strong hands are strong indeed, why does everyone have something to talk about Turks still and even some strangers who recently joined the forum? However, when you defend the truth you will be claimed as insecure. What a secure behavior, is this the peak of enlightenment? Is it a myth that I hear you guys are masturbating by looking at Turkish 23andme results? It might be false though, my source of knowledge was not that reliable.

Turk ethnicity, covering both Anatolian and Balkan Turks, has a similar length to the Greek ethnicity(-ies) with the addition of Central Asian heritage. Medieval Turks who arrived in Anatolia and Balkans were mixed with natives. Modern Turkish society is a result of it. Greeks in Anatolia and Slavs in Balkans being major influencers is the source of their native input and beyond the native and Turkic admixtures, there is no other influencer in the genetic pool in terms of masses. Due to Greeks being the source of native input, if Turks have a Middle-Easterner look, that's due to the Greek admixture they acquired. If Turks look European, that's due to the Greek or South Slav admixture they acquired. If Turks have a Turkic look, that's due to the Central Asian admixture their Turkic ancestors brought. Having such a distinctive gene pool(thanks to the Turkic input) isolates Turks from their neighbors by all means and forms an actual ethnicity. Diversity of Turkey, on the other hand, a different case to talk about. However, it is again similar to Greece due to both countries having Byzantine and Ottoman Imperial heritages which is mutual Orthodox and Muslim, and hosting/accepting non-Turks and non-Greeks who belong to the mentioned religions and became a companion through history as if they are ethnics of the country. This, in my opinion, also the richness of these two countries. However, this should not mean these two countries have no legit ethnicities. And if you claim one group within two is a mess, this also applies the another due to the particular situation. This does not mean Turks are Greeks or vice-versa but means both groups experienced similar sociological developments. To turn back to the OP so I can be clear enough, Mortimer is not a Turk by DNA because he lacks the Central Asian input which is a determiner for the Turk ethnicity while isolating them from their neighbors. Besides, all I stated being a fact which is proven many times and I'm sharing to contribute your very sensitively intellectual mind, please accept these as my gift and do not forget that these are not something you can deny.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information