Thread: Anatolians are both Turk and Greek

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hektor12 View Post
    Nop, im not. Facts hurt. We've seen this very well in late clashes, didnt we? Even Russians didnt care about helping you.

A nation solely based on infinite hatred against another one and has NOTHING else, what did you expect?
    I'm not sure about where you're going, but your interjection isn't relevant to the original question that I presented to Niko. Whether anyone cares or has an interest in Armenians and their homeland has no relevance to their historical relationship to the People of Anatolia. In regards to hatred, Turkey and Azerbaijan have both exhibited enough hatred to reduce Armenia to a shadow of its historical homeland, enough hatred to loot, degrade and destroy Armenian Cultural Treasures, enough hatred to depopulate vast areas to the point of making Armenians a novelty similar as scarce as the Cigar Store Indian fixture.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Moderate member of the Uralic Cluster
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kınık_(tribe)
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turano-Pontid and slight Carpathid
    Politics
    Unbestechlichkeit
    Religion
    Religions are mass-scale Stockholm syndromes
    Relationship Status
    To impress her it's too damn hard
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,266
    Given: 4,554

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Armenian Bishop View Post
    Turkey and Azerbaijan have both exhibited enough hatred to reduce Armenia to a shadow of its historical homeland
    Sorry, i failed to notice historical homeland of armenoids. As far as i know, we -our ancestors- entered into Anatolia by winning against East Roman Empire in 1071. Where do you base your idea that a "magnificent armenia" existed inside current Turkey and destroyed by us?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,536
    Given: 899

0 Not allowed!

Sorry, i failed to notice historical homeland of armenoids. As far as i know, we -our ancestors- entered into Anatolia by winning against East Roman Empire in 1071. Where do you base your idea that a "magnificent armenia" existed inside current Turkey and destroyed by us?

Keep in mind though, Turkic nomads who entered into Anatolia represent a very sliver minority however. Most people even then through the centuries were your native Anatolian tribes who adopted Turkish culture.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Unbestechlichkeit
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by King Niko View Post
    Keep in mind though, Turkic nomads who entered into Anatolia represent a very sliver minority however. Most people even then through the centuries were your native Anatolian tribes who adopted Turkish culture.
    This is wrong. This is an urban legend. Anatolia was already sparsely populated when we arrived, plus more and more Turks moved to Anatolia during Mongolian invasions, thus resulted in Turkic majority population.

Look at the "Beyliks" map after fall of Seljuk Empire. Clearly showing majority population was Turkic in Anatolia at the time. Only exception is Pontus, and we know even today its clear that Turks were never majority there. IMO very reliable observation from only this map.

Last edited by Hektor12; 05-23-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dağlı (Mountaineer)
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    R1a-CTS3402
    mtDNA
    R0a1a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,337
    Given: 3,930

0 Not allowed!

Wow, you have a failed way with words: 1 word and 2 word comments just don't explain your point of view. I really don't have a clue why you even think he's wrong.
    My first comment was not even serious. It was just an 'up' because nobody hadn't answered him.

I agree with partially. I would also have agreed with him if he claimed Anatolian Turks are predominantly Anatolians instead of saying all of them are assimilated Turkish speaker Anatolians. Anatolian Turks have extra Central Asian input (it also includes some Iranic as well ) and that pulls them away from Greek Anatolians or Armenians.

And we all Turks are not Anatolians, millions of us do not have Anatolian ancestry such as we Balkan Turks. So, claiming most of them are just Anatolians makes no sense.

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

1 Not allowed!

I never said that the Byzantine Empire didn't expand Eastward into the Armenian Highlands, midway into the 11th Century, because it's true; actually, Bagratid Armenia was able to withstand decades of a 2-Front War, with the Byzantines attacking from the West, and the Turks attacking from the East; it was only the violation of a Peace Conference Truce that allowed the Byzantines to deceive and capture the last Bagratid Armenian King, forced to cede Armenia to the Byzantine Empire in 1045 and 1046.

Bagratid Armenia endured for 160 years (885-1045), before the Byzantines seized it. It took the Byzantines only 2 decades to blunder it away, with the loss of the Armenian Capital, Ani, in 1064, and the decisive Battle of Manzikert, in 1071. Armenia's Capital, Ani, was said to have 1,001 Churches, when it was ceded to the Byzantines, and that gives a good idea about its wealth and population. Then came Cilician Armenia (1080-1375), on the Mediterranean Coast, but that's another story. The People didn't disappear when the kingdom lost its sovereignty.

Last Online
    02-19-2022 @ 04:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin and Greek
    Ethnicity
    italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 23

0 Not allowed!

no u

Last Online
    11-30-2022 @ 09:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502
    Given: 155

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by King Niko View Post
    Yeah it is kind of crazy that Greeks and Turks fight so much about self identity when realistically if your family is from Anatolia you are both Turk and Greek and there is not a distinction genetically besides for culture and/or religion. Same goes to some Greeks in Greece that they are Hellenized Turks, and some Greeks in Turkey are Turkified Greeks.

So on the for real, lot of you all need to chill your hate, unless you are a nomadic Turk from Asia, you are all for the most part one of the same and need to combine your energy and not aim it at each other, but hey what do I know, not like my family isn't from Anatolia..

lul
    There are no Hellenized Turks as the Greeks have no central Asian ancestry. There were however Greeks in inner Anatolia who changed their language into Turkish, but retained their Christian faith. Then they migrated to Greece and re-learned the Greek language. There were also many Greeks however who also converted their faith into Islam. They are now Turks.

Original Turks came and migrated into the area as Muslims and their faith as well as their political system did not allow them to convert their religion into Christianity. It was a one way street. This is why over the centuries the culture and identity of Turkish nomad settlers has dis-proportionally grown into the majority population of Anatolia.

So Turks and Greeks are connected via Byzantium. Most ancestors of the Greeks and to a lesser extent, yet a substantial amount of ancestors of the Turks, were part of the same Eastern Roman Roman Empire as one people. Both ethnic groups were also co-existing in the Ottoman Empire. Albeit in separate ethnic categories. So this means that the people in Anatolia and Greece have both been part of the same political sphere since the Empire of Alexander the Great.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Unbestechlichkeit
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Armenia's Capital, Ani, was said to have 1,001 Churches
    Of course, 1001 churches in a mediocre medieval city...

10 million armenians killed in 1915...

Anatolia was armenian homelands from the very beginning of the last glacial maximum...

Fantastic tashnagtsutyan armenoid claims as we are familiar with... Do i even feel that i need to say anything?..

But i still fail to see that "enough hatred to reduce Armenia to a shadow of its historical homeland" you claim.

Anyways; dont forget this= when i say "armenoid" this is what i mean. armenoids are a wonderful formula of infinite hatred and lowest possible amount of logic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information