Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which groups are either more or less OWD/White-loving than they're stereotyped to be?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,234
    Given: 43,774

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayetooey View Post
    I see your point but would replace "Caribbean's" with Caribbean men. Caribbean women here do not seem that interested in White men, it is Caribbean men who overwhelmingly mix out (to the point in which Afro-Caribbean's as a group are declining massively here).
    Not as much, but quite a lot of Caribbean women in relationships (circa 30% according to studies) do marry White men too. And yeah, your point about Black Caribbeans shrinking as an ethnic group is one I often make myself when responding to those who think that the growth of non-whites in Western nations is always irreversible.

"South-Asians" are pretty broad as a group. Indian women and White men are a growing mix here, and Hindu culture is inherently OWD and colourist.
    But it is also very ethnically exclusive, in a way almost like Judaism. The crucial point is that even most middle-class South Asians (Hindu or otherwise) don't view marrying a White person as necessarily "moving up in the world" like so many Caribbean men in particular do.

I do not believe Pakistanis are OWD or White-loving. Though I've read anecdotal evidence of Pakistanis treating White Islamic converts very differently to Black ones but that could just be a result of racism from some Pakistanis towards Black people, rather than fondness of White people.
    Yes probably.

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,113
    Given: 10,158

0 Not allowed!

I didn't realize it was as high as 30%, it is a mix I basically never see in person though I'm sure it exists. Hindus, Sikhs etc have their own religious cultures which are yes, pretty ethnically exclusive. Afro-Caribbean's are very Anglo influenced culturally, are protestant Christians by background etc, so it does make sense that there would be less barriers there. But despite South Asians being less "White-loving" which I would broadly agree with, I would still argue they are more OWD, just in a different way. Skin lightening is a huge industry among South Asians both in the diaspora and the sub-continent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-53275734

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...em-ncna1233549

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,113
    Given: 10,158

2 Not allowed!

Miss India contestants which all look the same.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    63.08% Eurasian, 28.75% SSA, 8.18% Amerind
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Taxonomy
    Pardo
    Hero
    Pedro Santana, Joaquin Balaguer
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,913
    Given: 4,641

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    IMO Caribbeans tend to be more OWD (or rather White-loving) than they're stereotyped to be, and South Asians are less so than they're stereotyped to be. Although there are indeed some South Asians who are either (a) really obsessed with pale skin or (b) very Anglophile, I don't think this represents the bulk of them and most are indifferent if not contemptuous towards Whites. By contrast, a lot of Caribbeans - especially men but in no small measure many women too - really do consider marrying a White person as one of life's greatest goals, even if the White partner they end up with may well be poorer and less-educated than them.
    Yeah, but you are leaving out the "Hanky Panky" variable here, as in, many of those Carib men do hook with White gals (or chaps) as a means to escape their island reality too. Not all the islands have the somewhat elevated standard of living of Barbados, Bahamas or Trinidad.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayetooey View Post
    I didn't realize it was as high as 30%, it is a mix I basically never see in person though I'm sure it exists. Hindus, Sikhs etc have their own religious cultures which are yes, pretty ethnically exclusive. Afro-Caribbean's are very Anglo influenced culturally, are protestant Christians by background etc, so it does make sense that there would be less barriers there. But despite South Asians being less "White-loving" which I would broadly agree with, I would still argue they are more OWD, just in a different way. Skin lightening is a huge industry among South Asians both in the diaspora and the sub-continent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-53275734

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...em-ncna1233549
    Yeah I am aware of the skin lightening business, and also how Bollywood disproportionately features lighter-skinned actors in a way not unlike the Latin American telenovelas. Nevertheless, I'd still argue that Indians and Pakistanis are much more "they're own thing", have a rich and distinct civilisation of their own and are less vulnerable to Anglo brainwashing, if that makes sense. By contrast, like I claimed in a thread of mine some weeks ago, the Caribbean is to Britain what most of Latin America is to Spain - overwhelmingly non-white societies which nevertheless are largely European creations and have disproportionately White elites, thus creating an often very perverse dynamic and psychology.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Andullero View Post
    Yeah, but you are leaving out the "Hanky Panky" variable here, as in, many of those Carib men do hook with White gals (or chaps) as a means to escape their island reality too. Not all the islands have the somewhat elevated standard of living of Barbados, Bahamas or Trinidad.
    Even the Jamaicas and Trinidads are still more prosperous than Pakistan, Bangladesh and most of India, yet despite its extreme poverty the Indian Subcontinent (at least in per capita terms) has nothing like the levels of sex tourism the Caribbean has. Therefore, there have got to be other factors at play too.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Taxonomy
    Pardo
    Hero
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

the Caribbean is to Britain what most of Latin America is to Spain - overwhelmingly non-white societies which nevertheless are largely European creations and have disproportionately White elites, thus creating an often very perverse dynamic and psychology.
    There is a crucial difference here: The Caribbean doesn't really have an autochtonous "core" like continental Latin America has, so it will take a longer time for some sort of ethnonationalism to arise here, whereas in the continent you only need the Amerindians (or adjacent populations) to gain more in numbers and consciousness for a reawakening to happen.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Andullero View Post
    There is a crucial difference here: The Caribbean doesn't really have an autochtonous "core" like continental Latin America has, so it will take a longer time for some sort of ethnonationalism to arise here, whereas in the continent you only need the Amerindians (or adjacent populations) to gain more in numbers and consciousness for a reawakening to happen.
    I thought it was more the other way round: Blacks (or part-Blacks) are the overwhelming majority throughout the Caribbean, whereas Latin America (even Guatemala and Bolivia) is a whole mixture of things.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Taxonomy
    Pardo
    Hero
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Even the Jamaicas and Trinidads are still more prosperous than Pakistan, Bangladesh and most of India, yet despite its extreme poverty the Indian Subcontinent (at least in per capita terms) has nothing like the levels of sex tourism the Caribbean has. Therefore, there have got to be other factors at play too.
    British (and French in the case of Indochina) colonialism could never superimpose itself over the local millennial folkways in South Asia, so this might be the thing you might be looking for as a likely explanation for their closed nature.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Taxonomy
    Pardo
    Hero
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I thought it was more the other way round: Blacks (or part-Blacks) are the overwhelming majority throughout the Caribbean, whereas Latin America (even Guatemala and Bolivia) is a whole mixture of things.
    Yeah, but those Blacks are wholly transplanted peoples. They really don't have the attachment for the land that Amerinds (or indomestizos) have, otherwise, Garveyism wouldnt have made such a splash and stir things in such a way as to make the Deep State clamp down on his and his acolytes' ass.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information