PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Why Sweden is hell on earth - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Sweden is hell on earth

Last Online
    01-31-2024 @ 09:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Cretan Greek
    Ancestry
    Kallikratis and Monemvasia
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    J2a M-241 (Cretan subclade)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 295

1 Not allowed!

For people like you maybe but in the real world people like you are the minority

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    WHG+EGH
    Country
    Chad
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 979
    Given: 1,125

0 Not allowed!

Goddamn i ve already knew Sweden was a shit country,but this surprised me even more.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 23,946

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ygsi View Post
    Yes they do exist in apartment buildings in Sweden. They can usually be found in the basement of the building and you have to book a time slot to be able to wash your clothes. Personally, when I lived there, I lived in smaller places than Stockholm, and what the guy in the video says that the time slot is 1-2 hours and he had to wake up at 3 AM to wash his clothes, this kind of stuff I did not experience personally. Probably it may happen in Stockholm, but not where I lived. As I said, where I lived, the time slot is like 4 hours (sometimes 5) and there were 3 or 4 slots per day that in total ran between around 7 AM to 9 or 10 PM (like 7 AM to 12 PM, then 12 PM to 5 PM and last one 5 PM to 10 PM). But even with such slots it can happen that one has a lot to wash and may run slightly off the schedule into someone else's slot.
    lol, that sounds very Third Worlder. My cousin in 80s was in Russia in a student interchange and told us about that and how was super shocking for her checking such level of poverty. She talked about how all the neighbors of the same floor shared a same bathroom. AMAZING.

Last Online
    06-17-2021 @ 12:38 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Other
    Ethnicity
    Other
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 18

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    lol, that sounds very Third Worlder. My cousin in 80s was in Russia in a student interchange and told us about that and how was super shocking for her checking such level of poverty. She talked about how all the neighbors of the same floor shared a same bathroom. AMAZING.
    To be honest, I did not find the shared laundry room such a culture shock. I only mentioned it here to give a background on it and say that where I lived (at least) it differs from what the guy says in his video. But on the other hand it can be a bit tricky. You see, you have a key tag with which you can open the entrance door to your apartment building (all entrance doors in that building, not apartment entrance buildings) and also to a neighboring building, because with my key tag I could book a time on 4 different washing machines, 2 located in my own apartment building and 2 in the neighboring one. But farther away you go from those 2 buildings, you can't open doors with your key tag. The tricky part is that there is a limit of 4 slots you can book per month per laundry room, but since I had access to 4 such laundry rooms, I could book up to 16 times per month to wash my clothes. Not really that bad if you think about it.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 119

1 Not allowed!

Sorry to be rude but when I think about Swedish men, the word "cuck" automatically comes to my mind. Weak and pathetic. This video proved it once more and again.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,954
    Given: 11,668

0 Not allowed!

I used to work for a Swedish company in the Netherlands and the autism was unbearable in the end, because I found it dehumanising and inefficient. Work harder for less result and minimal team work at the expense of your personality. I always attributed it to calvinism, now I'm not that sure. It could have been a combination of calvinism and lutheranism.

Interestingly, there have been protestants too who left with similar complaints to mine. Well, irreligious people of protestant background who left for better horizons.

Combining Swedish culture with Dutch culture is a big no I suppose.

One thing I learned from that experience. I learned to appreciate my own country of Belgium/Flanders. We are a good country despite of our flaws and we certainly do many things better than the Netherlands.

Even for Dutch standard a terrible company regardless. Belgium and the Netherlands both comes with their pros and cons in the end.
    Last edited by Dandelion; 05-25-2021 at 11:42 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Other
    Ethnicity
    Other
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ygsi View Post
    To be honest, I did not find the shared laundry room such a culture shock. I only mentioned it here to give a background on it and say that where I lived (at least) it differs from what the guy says in his video. But on the other hand it can be a bit tricky. You see, you have a key tag with which you can open the entrance door to your apartment building (all entrance doors in that building, not apartment entrance buildings) and also to a neighboring building, because with my key tag I could book a time on 4 different washing machines, 2 located in my own apartment building and 2 in the neighboring one. But farther away you go from those 2 buildings, you can't open doors with your key tag. The tricky part is that there is a limit of 4 slots you can book per month per laundry room, but since I had access to 4 such laundry rooms, I could book up to 16 times per month to wash my clothes. Not really that bad if you think about it.
    To be clear here about what I meant about "opening all doors in a building". What I meant by it was all entrance doors. So if the building you live in has 4 entrance doors (like A, B, C, D) and let's say your apartment is at B, you can use the key tag to open the entrance doors to A, C and D parts of that building also, not just B. Obviously I did not mean that you can just go into people's apartments. Each of the hallways in the apartment building has a door that leads to the basement, where the laundry rooms are and those doors also are opened with the key tag and also the door to the laundry room.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

That Canadian did exaggerate at at least one point. He complained about the outrageous prices for the plastic bags when doing groceries.

I personally find this weird. Where I live people bring along their own bags which you can indeed buy in the supermarket, but it's practice to only do it for the bags you tend to re-use. I would have assumed Canadians did the same, but appears they are not that different from their US counterparts.

Everywhere in Europe people tend to minimize their use of plastic. At least in Belgium (Flanders) and the Netherlands.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Other
    Ethnicity
    Other
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Also, there typically are a few doors that lead from outside directly into the basement. I guess those are emergency exit/entrance doors.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Little privacy. This is uncommon in Belgium, but in the Netherlands it's certainly very typical too. Many houses even don't have curtains and you can just look inside their living rooms. There's a philosophy behind it. One is forced be to tidy and be engaged in the community and neighbourhood.

Sweden is similar in that department I suppose.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information