Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,536
    Given: 899

0 Not allowed!

Default I need Turkish help

As an American, I work from home and can live anywhere in the world with my job as long as I keep American citizenship.

However, I am been contemplating moving to Turkey and if possible or doable having a dual citizenship. I am not too knowledgeable on Turkish citizenship laws on obtaining it, but my family has kept tight documents of our birth records and place of death for my family members dating back to about the 1100's in Trabzon. Before that it starts to get less accurate of information. However to keep on topic, I was wondering if any Turkish members here know of any social sites or any other platforms where I could use to speak, type or read more Turkish language to become more fluent.

I have a basic understanding of the language, and I speak a lot of Arabic, as well as a Greek dialect. So I figure I can learn it with enough time and energy. Any takers that can provide me some insight?

Everyday I stay in the United States, I slowly grow to dislike the culture it is becoming, as I am a far right conservative in my ways, and the degradation of the politics here is overwhelming and honestly is irritating. I get laws are different and Turkey can be much more strict in ways I may or may not be used too, but I am looking for change. With that said I don't plan on relinquishing my American citizenship for the sole proprietary of my money and business as I have much better commerce here in the states, however being in a nation that may relate more to my conservative views even with my past being Pontic Greek culturally may aid me in the happiness for the rest of my life.

So the first steps is to learn the culture which for the most part I am naturally from that region through my family, then second would be to master the language. So any ideas?

Thank You,
    Niko

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

0 Not allowed!

You can do whatever you want, honestly, but leaving America to find a better political landscape in Turkey is absurd. We can begin with Article 301, which is still in force, albeit softened from its original austere formula. Modern day Turkey has enforced a policy of cultural repression, if not utter obliteration, when it comes to Pontic Greeks, as well as Armenians, that's why their populations (in Turkey) have been in a century long decline. Under the right circumstances, I'd move to Turkey, especially if I were to find a significant other from there. My neighbor's daughter across the street is half Turkish, and I'd be open to a relationship with her. I'd recommend Cyprus as a good alternative.

* Article 301 is an article of the Turkish Penal Code making it illegal to insult Turkey, the Turkish nation, Turkish government institutions, or Turkish national heroes such as Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articl...sh_Penal_Code)

* Excerpt from Article published in October, 2019: Prosecutors have renewed their use of an infamous article of Turkish law to punish the "crime" of denigrating the Turkish nation.
    https://www.al-monitor.com/originals...come-back.html

Last Online
    Today @ 03:32 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Martian From Venus
    Ethnicity
    Hunbritarian
    Ancestry
    TheHuns
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H1m
    Taxonomy
    Killer
    Politics
    Hero
    Jesus
    Religion
    Philippians 4.13
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,779
    Given: 13,725

1 Not allowed!

I have no idea about life/living in Turkey, but you have family history there and possibly this and the other reasons you mentioned inspire you to try living there, why not try if you want...if you keep your US citizenship you can always return if it doesnt work out.

I would like to visit Turkey in the future for holiday sometime I mean at least when the Pandemic settles down and international tourist travel becomes a normal thing.

Turkey seems like a fascinating place to visit for a holiday, I couldnt imagine living there but definitely would be open to holiday there.
    https://vocaroo.com/1f1IYpCqGQPy
    one thing I can tell you is you got to be free

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-21-2021 @ 02:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Y-DNA
    G
    mtDNA
    U5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,788
    Given: 1,803

1 Not allowed!

We have American friend living in Artvin with us. But she was born in Ankara. Her parents were diplomats from USA, though. She is happy in Turkey. She goes to USA from time to time but I don't think she has dual citizenship. I wouldn't recommend moving to Trabzon. They would beat you up everyday.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-21-2021 @ 02:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Y-DNA
    G
    mtDNA
    U5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,788
    Given: 1,803

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Armenian Bishop View Post
    You can do whatever you want, honestly, but leaving America to find a better political landscape in Turkey is absurd. We can begin with Article 301, which is still in force, albeit softened from its original austere formula. Modern day Turkey has enforced a policy of cultural repression, if not utter obliteration, when it comes to Pontic Greeks, as well as Armenians, that's why their populations (in Turkey) have been in a century long decline. Under the right circumstances, I'd move to Turkey, especially if I were to find a significant other from there. My neighbor's daughter across the street is half Turkish, and I'd be open to a relationship with her. I'd recommend Cyprus as a good alternative.

* Article 301 is an article of the Turkish Penal Code making it illegal to insult Turkey, the Turkish nation, Turkish government institutions, or Turkish national heroes such as Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articl...sh_Penal_Code)

* Excerpt from Article published in October, 2019: Prosecutors have renewed their use of an infamous article of Turkish law to punish the "crime" of denigrating the Turkish nation.
    https://www.al-monitor.com/originals...come-back.html
    Only to divide Turkey and join PKK/ASALA? No thanks. Don't come please.

Last Online
    04-18-2024 @ 10:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Region
    Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,913
    Given: 2,962

1 Not allowed!

As long as you don't move to Trabzon (cancer people live there) you will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Dark skin is sign of evilness, every dark skinned country is agressive, full with criminality, violented peoples, most crimes were committed by dark skinned peoples. Many of them are follower of Islam (death cult) to spread the voice of Satan who tainted them that's why their skin is dark as their souls. We whites are descedants of angels (thats why our skin is light), we created the human rights, we ended slavery, we created the modern medical science to save lifes etc etc. Thats why the dark skinned peoples are so jealous for us and they want to destroy everything what the angles created.

Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 11:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic + Native Anatolian & some Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish(50% Central Anatolian + 25% Chepni + 18.75% Meskhetian) + distant Kurdish(6.25%)
    Ancestry
    Central Asia(Oghuz w some Kipchak) & Anatolia(mostly Hittite) with distant Zagrosia
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    Oghuz Khagan
    mtDNA
    Empress Ashina
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid + Turanid
    Politics
    Kemalism, Patriotism & anti-Oppaism
    Hero
    1. Mustafa Kemal Atatürk 2. Empress Ashina 3. Alper Gezeravcı 4. Verona Petrova
    Religion
    Islam
    Relationship Status
    Married to a haplo O in the parallel universe
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,797
    Given: 2,465

0 Not allowed!

I recommend you Izmir, Antalya or Istanbul. These cities have most of the open-minded Turkish citizens
    Ask Sora: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...-Sora-anything

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Maul
    Good observation Sheikh

Thread Information