View Poll Results: Is the dominance of the City, and finance in general, a good thing for the UK?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

3 100.00%

Thread: In your opinion, is the dominance of the City, and finance in general, a good thing for the UK?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,999
    Given: 43,451

0 Not allowed!

Default In your opinion, is the dominance of the City, and finance in general, a good thing for the UK?

I believe it has been harmful for the prosperity, wellbeing and autonomy of most other parts of the UK, which have been gradually deindustrialised with not much to replace it. However, I would like to see what others think.

I was blind but now I see
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-27-2024 @ 12:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,655
    Given: 5,621

2 Not allowed!

It's bad and in the long run it will make the country poorer and more inequal, the financializationof the economy is a golden calf, it damages production and growth, here's an interesting read about it:
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...britain-poorer
    https://sirc.rbi.org.in/downloads/4Cecchetti.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by Autrigón View Post
    Europe is fake, european race doesn't exist, it's just a conglomeration of retardeds from their own land.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,244
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    I believe it has been harmful for the prosperity, wellbeing and autonomy of most other parts of the UK, which have been gradually deindustrialised with not much to replace it. However, I would like to see what others think.
    Boohoo, too bad for the hairy beasts up north who are obsessed with stew. I am highly evolved southerner with barely any chest hair

I am not an economist but when England was indusrialized the conditions for the working class were like the stinking piles of shit in India currently but in Manchester.

Germans don't understand the service economy and they are the heart of the EU. USA beats Germany and the USA is no longer industrialized.

I could be completely wrong though because I am not an economists or whatever.

Away from keyboard ... Pro.crasti.nation's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-11-2024 @ 07:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Not feeling it...
    Country
    England
    Politics
    Moderate with libertarian fantasies.
    Hero
    Hulk Hogan
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 609
    Given: 1,439

1 Not allowed!

Not only is it terrible for the rest of England, but it is inevitably terrible for the rest of the world.

Finance capitalism, which is what a lot of critics of the financial services economy, call it. Is far removed from both industrialist economics of the past and the gold obsessed kingdoms, that preceded them.

It's a creation of the city of London, based upon the information technology infrastructure that banks and large corporations funded, around the world.

It is not a natural evolution of economic processes within any particular nation but, the political and financial agenda of the banking elites of London and Wall Street.

The rise of China, the emphasis on cheap, mass consumer production, is artificially created and kept afloat by legislation around the globe.

The whole system is fragile and only works so long as most of the major governments of the world, and their indoctrinated middle classes, are captured by the global - Anglo-American - media.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,999
    Given: 43,451

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro.crasti.nation View Post
    Not only is it terrible for the rest of England, but it is inevitably terrible for the rest of the world.

Finance capitalism, which is what a lot of critics of the financial services economy, call it. Is far removed from both industrialist economics of the past and the gold obsessed kingdoms, that preceded them.

It's a creation of the city of London, based upon the information technology infrastructure that banks and large corporations funded, around the world.

It is not a natural evolution of economic processes within any particular nation but, the political and financial agenda of the banking elites of London and Wall Street.

The rise of China, the emphasis on cheap, mass consumer production, is artificially created and kept afloat by legislation around the globe.

The whole system is fragile and only works so long as most of the major governments of the world, and their indoctrinated middle classes, are captured by the global - Anglo-American - media.

Thread Information