Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How do you solve the problem of Evil ?

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilcar View Post
    I still can't find a convincing explanation for the existence of Evil and it is useless to bring the argument of free will because "evil" can exist independently of any human will.
    Achmed, there is no good or evil, most people are not capable of doing what you describe in the OP, not because they have too much of a conscience, but because they're incompetent. I don't think you would want to rape white girls, and blow yourself up at some Christmas market for instance (otherwise you wouldn't be a virgin and you wouldn't be trolling an anthroforum for three years lel).

Good and evil are just things we call actions that are either positive or detrimental to our own being. These things change depending on our views, and depending on us. In the end, evil and good are simply our representations of those actions.

Think of life like a giant play, with each person being an actor.

Now if the hero defeats the villain in this play, its called a heroic story. If the villain defeats the hero in this play, its called a tragedy.

When the actors come on stage after the play, both the actor and villain get applauded for their convincing roles they played; the villain will not get booed for killing the hero, because its just a play - they applaud because the way he played his role was so enthralling. Now if everyone was mostly good, and good always defeated the evil - that would be boring. Same with the inverse.

Your computer, your smartphone, the fridge that preserves your food, were all probably made by sweatshop workers from third world countries, usually struck by famine or places where there isn't much food. And it's great that they're there giving them money and a way to provide for their families.

But the other side of that is the overseer treats the people like cattle and has them work 80 hour weeks with equipment that can easily tear a footlong gash in its operation. For many, choices boil down to work their literal entire lives or starve. Lastly, free will doesn't have a reward or punishment (heaven and hell).

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilcar View Post
    How can such a problem be reconciled with the idea of a single infinitely good, wise and omnipotent deity? It doesn't make sense why such an entity would let this kind of atrocity happen ? God logically can't have an evil aspect too or either way he wouldn't be a unique god since he incorporates a dual nature that's why gnostics came with the demiurge concept but I'm not really fond of this concept tbh.
    Well, your view of God is a false and Islamic one. In ancient times, people who thought like you offered up ritual sacrifices of animals and humans in order to appease the weather as if there was choice in the matter. The problem of evil is only a problem when you start from the premise of a single God. This is an embarrassingly simplistic way of viewing the world.

Religious doctrines for instance are just to keep up a moral order in a society, not really to make actual philosophical sense.

Bishop Irenaeus countered the problem of evil by saying it's required for spirtual growth and development.

Saint Augustine argued that God gave free will to man which was the ultimate good for him to do and then maintained an epistemic distance so he can't be blamed for shit.

The reason people have an issue with the almighty thing is there is no reason that suffering could be for a good reason. Being all powerful means that whatever he is trying to achieve he could achieve it in a different manner, which doesn't cause suffering.

If suffering happens regardless, then either he isn't all powerful (because he can only achieve something by compromising morality) or he isn't all-good (because hes willing to use evil methods to get his goal, despite his all-powerful nature granting him options) or he's both (he's incapable of doing it another way and still doesn't care).

It's pretty airtight. No matter how it goes, God either isn't all knowing, isn't all powerful, isn't all good or isn't more than one.

In addition, suffering occurs to non-humans as well. When animals are trapped in forest fires and burn slowly to death with no humans for miles around. I doubt God intervenes to save them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,924
    Given: 4,821

1 Not allowed!

Evil does indeed exist - it's just the vast majority don't know what it is.

In other words the monasteries and churches around the world is not symbolic nor fake.

The very large monasteries in Greece play one purpose only - some people think it is a tourist paradise but for them it is warfare between good and evil.

In isolated monasteries there is the cross of christ few km in front of the monastery to keep the modern world out. Nothing is as black and white.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:13 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    North-West European, minor North-Amerindian
    Ancestry
    British Isles (77%) Scandinavia (10%) France (9%) North-Amerindian (4%)
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    I-L233
    mtDNA
    X2b4
    Taxonomy
    Keltic Nordid / Atlantid
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    North-Sea Aesthetic
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,452
    Given: 15,597

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    I'd rather say that nature, from a human moral perspective, is inherently evil.
    Which is why I said 'in itself' that would be outside our perception.
    Anglo Saxon + Frank (4.336)
    Viking Danish + Frank (4.338)
    Gael + Frank (4.39)
    Anglo Saxon (4.393)
    Viking Danish + Anglo Saxon (4.568)

Waiting for Dragon Age Dreadwolf & Berserk Radimir's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-20-2024 @ 07:42 AM
    Ethnicity
    God hand
    Country
    Vatican City
    Taxonomy
    Bishōnen
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, my mother and Griffith from Berserk
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 936
    Given: 3,026

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus Rex View Post
    You realize that was written by men don't you ?
    I do, and so do Christians and Jews who believe these were divine revelations from God to the authors of the Books, in other words. Men inspired by God.

I was blind but now I see
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-10-2024 @ 03:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,666
    Given: 5,623

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Radimir View Post
    I do, and so do Christians and Jews who believe these were divine revelations from God to the authors of the Books, in other words. Men inspired by God.
    Divine revelations Wich were written and compiled along hundreds of years by men with big hooked noses...

There are around 70.000 creeds/religions documented since the known History of Mankind, glad you found the one Wich gives you comfort. HALLELUJAH!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Autrigón View Post
    Europe is fake, european race doesn't exist, it's just a conglomeration of retardeds from their own land.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information