13. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree with independence

7 53.85%
  • I am against independence

5 38.46%
  • None

1 7.69%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Scottish independence for or against?

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,689
    Given: 23,946

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Veljo View Post
    but it will turns against your country, believe or not

always the individuality like Gavrilo Princip begins
    A classic

just 2 days ago
    https://okdiario.com/eurocopa/aficio...-video-7394364

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-13-2024 @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Ugly history as it is. Don't blame me.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,434
    Given: 1,436

1 Not allowed!

I am for it, because the situation in isles resembles the situation between Finland and Russia 100 years ago. I feel empathy.

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,113
    Given: 10,158

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemminkäinen View Post
    I am for it, because the situation in isles resembles the situation between Finland and Russia 100 years ago. I feel empathy.
    Not really the same at all, Scotland joined the union willingly by act of parliament, they weren't annexed. Scottish were always overrepresented in the empire also, especially among slave owners/plantation owners, they weren't some subjected group but massive imperialists. Finnish situation is much better compared to Irelands. Furthermore, Scotland had their democratic chance to leave, no one stopped them; the 750 thousand Scots living in England weren't even allowed to take part in the referendum, and they still lost.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,244
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post

I think it will all depend on how the UK does economically in the next few years being out of the EU. I think most people vote now with their pockets.
    The Scots are not to be trusted because (though clever) they are too careful with their money. The Irish are not to be trusted because they are feckless.

Voting with your pockets is ultra philistine to the max instead of voting for ideals and principles. How the land of Hume has fallen from pure ideological grace.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayetooey View Post
    Not really the same at all, Scotland joined the union willingly by act of parliament, they weren't annexed. Scottish were always overrepresented in the empire also, especially among slave owners/plantation owners, they weren't some subjected group but massive imperialists. Finnish situation is much better compared to Irelands. Furthermore, Scotland had their democratic chance to leave, no one stopped them; the 750 thousand Scots living in England weren't even allowed to take part in the referendum, and they still lost.
    During the Russian era Finland had her own parliament and freedom of the Russian military service. Finland was a Grand Duchy with own Swedish era laws, including the constitution law, the situation was not comparable to Estonia and Latvia. Scotland has its own parliament, just like Finland 100-200 years ago.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 04:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British isles
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland and Wales.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Somerset
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,646
    Given: 2,010

0 Not allowed!

It is up to people in Scotland, but simplistic rebels = goodies narrative can't be applied for all cases like this. Russia Finland, really,

It is up to the Scots but my Scots in laws are very anti independence, it differs a lot by region.

There have been votes on this every 35 years or so, last referendum was only 7 years ago.

Also for some reason the Snp have gone all open borders and woke, pro immigration. This combined with anti English bigotry is an odd combination, especially trying to created a divide between northern Eng and southern Scotland, which genetically doesnt really exist. It is up to Scots though

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Davystayn View Post
    It is up to people in Scotland, but simplistic rebels = goodies narrative can't be applied for all cases like this. Russia Finland, really,

It is up to the Scots but my Scots in laws are very anti independence, it differs a lot by region.

There have been votes on this every 35 years or so, last referendum was only 7 years ago.

Also for some reason the Snp have gone all open borders and woke, pro immigration. This combined with anti English bigotry is an odd combination, especially trying to created a divide between northern Eng and southern Scotland, which genetically doesnt really exist. It is up to Scots though
    You could see the similarity, if you only have a little patience to learn about the history of the Great Duchy of Finland.

Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 03:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry iberian, german, italian
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,167
    Given: 4,757

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo de Soto View Post
    I don't think it will be beneficial for Scotland, unless it becomes a tax haven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayetooey View Post
    Many Scottish pro-independence activists take as an example countries like Iceland and Ireland, especially the latter, but I also believe that the situation in Scotland is different from that of Ireland, in the first place, Scotland during their time in the United Kingdom (I am not talking about the kingdom of Scotland) Scotland has benefited greatly from its union with England and Wales, it has high status, and there have been many important Scottish rulers in positions of the British Empire, the Irish on the other hand have suffered greatly during their time under the British Empire to be Irish was synonymous of people with little education and with little money which caused them a lot of discrimination also the English influence was better accepted in Scotland than in Ireland, another reason why many Scots want independence is because they are tied to the laws of Westminster but they they have their own parliament and laws.

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,113
    Given: 10,158

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggery View Post
    Many Scottish pro-independence activists take as an example countries like Iceland and Ireland, especially the latter, but I also believe that the situation in Scotland is different from that of Ireland, in the first place, Scotland during their time in the United Kingdom (I am not talking about the kingdom of Scotland) Scotland has benefited greatly from its union with England and Wales, it has high status, and there have been many important Scottish rulers in positions of the British Empire, the Irish on the other hand have suffered greatly during their time under the British Empire to be Irish was synonymous of people with little education and with little money which caused them a lot of discrimination also the English influence was better accepted in Scotland than in Ireland, another reason why many Scots want independence is because they are tied to the laws of Westminster but they they have their own parliament and laws.
    Even the NI Prots are mainly Scottish (Ulster Scots) and imposed there by Scottish King James I (who was also heir to the throne of England, and unified the two thrones).

Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 03:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry iberian, german, italian
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,167
    Given: 4,757

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Davystayn View Post

Do you have a Scottish family? Why do they vote every 7 years? They should do it only if they believe that the people want to become independent, take the example of Quebec in Canada only had 2 referendums, when the independentists lost the second and did not do another because despite the differences with the rest of Canada, it still benefited them to continue United.
    I watched the last England vs Scotland game and noticed a lot of anti-English chants from their fans, by the way, I know that's not the issue, but why doesn't England have their own national anthem?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information