Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 332

1 Not allowed!

General impressions:
    First picture(curly hair) = Danish Eskimo
    This picture below + bikini pics + little pearl necklace = Swedish
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlemagne7 View Post
    The face is livelier than Slavic faces, and the features aren't as far apart. Eskimo-Tronder sounds more right than anything else.

Her mixture looks a bit like Alizée's, so I understand how she could look Belgian, French.

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,384
    Given: 31,170

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SneedsFeedNSeed View Post
    General impressions:
    First picture(curly hair) = Danish Eskimo
    This picture below + bikini pics + little pearl necklace = Swedish

The face is livelier than Slavic faces, and the features aren't as far apart. Eskimo-Tronder sounds more right than anything else.

Her mixture looks a bit like Alizée's, so I understand how she could look Belgian, French.
    Well it's been scientifically proven that Icelanders took Inuit women for wives, I was joking about here being eskimo admixed but it's actually possible.

One study of mitochondrial DNA, blood groups, and isozymes revealed a more variable population than expected, comparable to the diversity of some other Europeans. Another study showed that a tiny proportion of samples of contemporary Icelanders carry a more distant lineage, which belongs to the haplogroup C1e, which can possibly be traced to the settlement of the Americas around 14,000 years ago. This hints a small proportion of Icelanders have some Native American ancestry arising from Norse colonization of Greenland and North America.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,559
    Given: 29,007

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Well it's been scientifically proven that Icelanders took Inuit women for wives, I was joking about here being eskimo admixed but it's actually possible.
    There has been extensive studies done on Icelanders and they aren't mixed with Eskimos. Also that C mtdna was only found in Icelanders and not Native Americans. I know that being so close to Greenland you would think they mixed with them but this is what the Viking study said.

Icelanders are one of the most dna studied populations on Earth and they don't have any Eskimo dna despite people like Bjork. A Native American component would be quite obvious if Icelandic founding populations had Inuit or Eskimo populations.

Regarding the Mtdna C1e it is possible but there is no proof as it isn't found in any NA groups today. Anyway there is none of this admixture in the autosomals of present day Icelanders or in genomes from earlier Icelanders.

Although most mtDNA lineages observed in contemporary Icelanders can be traced to neighboring populations in the British Isles and Scandinavia, one may have a more distant origin. This lineage belongs to haplogroup C1, one of a handful that was involved in the settlement of the Americas around 14,000 years ago. Contrary to an initial assumption that this lineage was a recent arrival, preliminary genealogical analyses revealed that the C1 lineage was present in the Icelandic mtDNA pool at least 300 years ago. This raised the intriguing possibility that the Icelandic C1 lineage could be traced to Viking voyages to the Americas that commenced in the 10th century. In an attempt to shed further light on the entry date of the C1 lineage into the Icelandic mtDNA pool and its geographical origin, we used the deCODE Genetics genealogical database to identify additional matrilineal ancestors that carry the C1 lineage and then sequenced the complete mtDNA genome of 11 contemporary C1 carriers from four different matrilines. Our results indicate a latest possible arrival date in Iceland of just prior to 1700 and a likely arrival date centuries earlier. Most surprisingly, we demonstrate that the Icelandic C1 lineage does not belong to any of the four known Native American (C1b, C1c, and C1d) or Asian (C1a) subclades of haplogroup C1. Rather, it is presently the only known member of a new subclade, C1e. While a Native American origin seems most likely for C1e, an Asian or European origin cannot be ruled out.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21069749/

People can discuss further on this which would be interesting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information