Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,632
    Given: 4,642

0 Not allowed!

His view of Serbs is based on Belgrade. Still he noticed people are family oriented, kind, and ready to help. Because he came from west where traditional family almost disappeared and people are quite alienated.

Belgrade is the most westernized place in Serbia. Belgrade has the highest amount of liberal people and alienated people in Serbia, and families there are least traditional Serbian on average.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

One of the most common impressions of foreigners visiting Serbia is that Serbs are tall.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,652
    Given: 11,587

0 Not allowed!

Impression of one American tourist:

Despite the fact that it is a Slavic country, it has a very warm culture in which they nurture hospitality and socializing. They are serious, like some Slavic peoples in the north, but they have the liveliness of people from the Mediterranean.

https://www.blic.rs/slobodno-vreme/v...slobodno_vreme
    🔴
    🔵

Target: Dušan_scaled
    Distance: 1.7521% / 0.01752098
    60.4 Slavic: RUS_Sunghir_MA
    29.8 Roman: SRB_Svilos_Krusevlje
    9.8 Byzantine: TUR_Marmara_Ilipinar_Byz2

Last Online
    12-30-2022 @ 04:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kosovar
    Ethnicity
    Kosovar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    North pontid +Dinarid
    Politics
    Mohamed and Jesus were Dinaric
    Hero
    William Tell, American imperialism, Adem Jashari,Ottoman Empire
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 239
    Given: 641

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    is there differences beetween Serbs from Serbia and Serbs from rebublika serbska or Kosovo in phenotype or height?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dušan View Post
    Impression of one American tourist:

Despite the fact that it is a Slavic country, it has a very warm culture in which they nurture hospitality and socializing. They are serious, like some Slavic peoples in the north, but they have the liveliness of people from the Mediterranean.

https://www.blic.rs/slobodno-vreme/v...slobodno_vreme
    Another American about Serbia https://www.telegraf.rs/english/2903...s-family-photo

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Asten View Post
    is there differences beetween Serbs from Serbia and Serbs from rebublika serbska or Kosovo in phenotype or height?
    From my experience Serbs from Kosovo on average are shorter than Serbs from most of the rest of Serbia and RS. Also, they have more rounded and they are darker (they tend to be more Alpine and Med than other Serbs).
    Kosovo Serbs have higher birth rate than other Serbs in the last in the last 70-80 years. Somehow they stayed more traditional than other Serbs after WW2 when started mass modernization/westernization in every sense.
    Some Serbs dislike Kosovo Serbs who arrived in their areas from Kosovo (mostly 1999). And sometimes they even call them "Shiptars", i personally know several such cases. I even heard from one Serb from Leskovac spitting on Kosovo Serbs, and Leskovac is close to Kosovo and people from there have many similarities with Kosovo Serbs. Still such Serbs are small minority, thanks God. Some goes for Krajina Serbs, when they came to Serbia some individuals spat on them, including some of their countymen and cousins who settled in Serbia few years or decades before them.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic,Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Old Serbia
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Hero
    Živojin Mišić
    Religion
    Orthodox christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 589
    Given: 773

0 Not allowed!

Some quotes from foreigners about Serbs
    This language, this nation, this primitive Slavic poetry, I believe I found in Illyria. You will no doubt ask me, how did I come to this conclusion? Starting from the idea that at the bottom of every great race there is a mother tribe, I had been looking for this tribe and this language in northern Europe for years. Nowhere had I recognized their presence (...) Having finally crossed the Danube, I soon found the Kossack of the Ukraine, the Russine of Galicia, the Polish Goral of the Karpathians and the Bohemian Goral of the Sudetenland , in a word, all the primitive tribes of the other Slavic nations admirably summarized in the Illyrian of the Balkans. Everything that, among the other Slavic peoples, lives only in the state of legend and obscure myth, still offers itself in the state of living law in this immutable and poetic Illyria. Shouldn't I conclude from this that I was finally touching the living rock, the ground of first formation, that the Serbs of Illyria were really the oldest of the Slavs? »

Cyprian Robert. Journal of the Two Worlds. On the Teaching of Slavic Literature. January 1846. paige 372

the French diplomat and writer Rene Millet wrote... on the occasion of his trip to Serbia long ago during the time of kingdom of Serbia, among other things, this: "Perhaps there is no race in Europe purer than any mixture, nor more opposed to any mixture... Serbs gladly welcome foreigners for a while; but they repel the one who tries to nestle with them
    Another Frenchman, Ami Bue, as a well-known ethnographer and Balkanologist, comparing the racial substratum of Greeks and Serbs, wrote: "The Greek population is a heterogeneous mixture of Greeks, Arnauts, Slavs, Vlachs, etc... On the contrary, Serbs from Serbia form... a single compact mass of Slavs of the Greek rite

the Croatian Slavologist Vatroslav Jagić who wrote in his "Reminiscences":

"I would be sorry if the Serbian type completely dissapear, because it is purer, more Slavic than our Croatian."
    quote from john Bedoes book
    In the people of Serbia and Bosnia, I think the Slav element really
    preponderates; they are taller and finer men than
    the Russians, but have the same make of body and
    often of countenance ; and a great many of them
    have light brown hair and answer to Procopius's
    often-quoted description of their forefathers
    https://archive.org/stream/anthropol...duoft_djvu.txt

Regarding Kosovo Serbs that still live there Here are some pictures and videos about them
    kids from an enclave in Kosovo possibly one gypsy among them

Serbs from Kosovska mitrovica

Last edited by Sorab12; 04-28-2023 at 08:09 PM.
    Srbadija

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic,Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Old Serbia
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Hero
    Živojin Mišić
    Religion
    Orthodox christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 589
    Given: 773

0 Not allowed!

German General, Field Marshal August von Mackensen: Leave either the Italian or Russian or French front. You start to fight a new enemy, dangerous, tough, brave and sharp. You start on the Serbia front and Serbia and Serbs are a people who love freedom and fight and sacrifice to the last. Make sure you run enemies, and eclipsed the glory of uncompromised current success .
    in the spring of 1915th after a bloody 20-day battle German general pf AU forces in a new offensive, however, managed to conquer Belgrade. It was Mackensen who led the operation and immediately after the capture of Belgrade ordered the Serbian defenders all the funerals. In their honor, a monument was erected on the grave, where Topčider was buried reading "Brave Enemy", which is in German and Serbian said:The Serbian heroes of 1915 rest here

This is the Serbian heroes who defended with incomparable courage. Glory to them!
    Hans Vogel, German officers, 1918: In every war and every army there are idlers, but in honor of the Serbian army must say that this cowardice and deserting the front before the enemy were completely unknown.

Karsten Colonel Angel abour Serbian ww1 soldiers : We came with little respect for them, returning to full admiration. We saw how people are calm, confident, patriotic. We found that the best soldiers in the world are brave, obedient, sober, durable, ready to sacrifice their lives for the sake of the country and the national idea

Franchet D'Eperea, on Serbs and Serbian army

For peasants, almost everything. For Serbs claim that passion, sober, humble, indestructible. These people are free, proud of their race and masters of their land... But war has come. And, well, as land right for the freedom of the peasants from those without effort, into the most courageous soldiers, the most persistent, first of all. These great forces, created forces and enthusiasm, for which I am proud that I led them, shoulder to shoulder with the soldiers from France, winning the freedom of my homeland ..

Austro-Hungarian Field Marshal von Borojevic 1916: Serbs are fighting faint, they are strange fighters, aggressive, energetic and wilder than Russians, have more independence and initiative
    Ernest Denis: Serbian successes in explaining the scientific superiority of their senior officers and soldiers from their moral diligence
    The commander of the Austro-Hungarian army in Srem, General Alfred Kraus wrote: “We met the Serbs as enemies in strength. many problems, but also Russians, Romanians and Italians
    Last edited by Sorab12; 04-28-2023 at 08:30 PM.
    Srbadija

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic,Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Old Serbia
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy