Hero
    Živojin Mišić
    Religion
    Orthodox christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 590
    Given: 774

1 Not allowed!

Last edited by Sorab12; 08-21-2023 at 09:06 PM.
    Srbadija

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Pannonia
    Country
    Serbia
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,424
    Given: 1,640

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    His view of Serbs is based on Belgrade. Still he noticed people are family oriented, kind, and ready to help. Because he came from west where traditional family almost disappeared and people are quite alienated.

Belgrade is the most westernized place in Serbia. Belgrade has the highest amount of liberal people and alienated people in Serbia, and families there are least traditional Serbian on average.
    Novi Sad is more liberal and more western-ish

Last Online
    Today @ 04:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,635
    Given: 4,643

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vožd View Post
    Novi Sad is more liberal and more western-ish
    Belgrade is quite bigger than Novi Sad and it has almost all the modern 'diseases' of the western civilization. According to some Belgrade and Athens are only real metropolises in the Balkans. Belgrade is indeed metropolis with all good, but also bad things it brings. In Belgrade you can see on every corner youth dressed by some western subcultural model (Hip hop style, heavy metal style, Gothic style etc) -- nowhere in the Europe you can't see more whorish dressed girls and women as in Belgrade -- in Belgrade always are happening some concerts of domestic, regional and foreign (mostly western) music stars -- splavovi in Belgrade are the breeding ground fornication, immorality and drug use -- large part of Belgradians have no national consciousness or it's weak, there is tons of liberals who live an ultra-consumerist lifestyle as in London or New York -- in Belgrade you can see various races including non-whites (i always see some niggers, Asians, MENAS, Indians, even Latinos few times), still most of them are tourists or passers-by towards the western Europe but some live/work in Belgrade and their number is increasing etc. In Belgrade is core of autochauvinistic drugosrbijanski movement. When is slava of Belgrade only several thousand people attend the ceremony and Belgrade is city of 1.4 million people. For comparison in Trebinje which have about 30.000 people when is slava about 25.000 attends the ceremony. Belgradians don't care for religion and tradition in vast majority. Some parts of Belgrade have a pretty high number of higher level criminals who are free as a bird on the branch, they are quite richer than average Belgradians (Voždovac and Zvezdara are such places). Half the neighborhood of my high educated cousin from Zvezdara are criminals who live in luxurious houses. New Belgrade and Karaburma are known by many hooligans, ultras and low-level criminals (street gangs). Solid part of Belgradians look down on other Serbs, and they considered themselves the chosen ones and privileged because they live in Belgrade. In Belgrade for decades exist phenomenon that neighbors live in the same building for years and they don't know anything about each other; they never spoke to each other, they don't know each other's names. It is typical for the west. In Serbia outside of Belgrade that doesn't exist or it's very rare, and in Belgrade is pretty common unfortunately.

I live in the suburb of Belgrade, and most of my life i am related with Belgrade proper. I studied in Belgrade proper and i often go there from an early age. I know how Belgrade breathes. You, Sorab12 and Far_away are not from Belgrade, and it's visible you guys don't have frequent contact with Belgrade.
    Last edited by Varda; 08-23-2023 at 12:01 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Last edited by Varda; 08-22-2023 at 11:59 PM.

Haplogroup astrologer
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Pierogi
    Ancestry
    Pomeranian
    Country
    Poland
    mtDNA
    HV4
    Taxonomy
    Central European Alpinid
    Religion
    Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Dating a Russian German man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,871
    Given: 1,360

0 Not allowed!

What surprises me most is that the Serbs on TA are all so dark and very balkanic looking while the Serbs I know in real life are very fair skinned and just look like Central euros

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post
    What surprises me most is that the Serbs on TA are all so dark and very balkanic looking while the Serbs I know in real life are very fair skinned and just look like Central euros
    Serbs with dark hair and eyes more often have fair than swarthy skin. Yesterday i have seen here where i live two girls with dark hair and very light skin. It was surprise to me because it is late August and they looked like they hadn't been exposed to the sun at all this summer.

I know many cases among Serbs of two brothers, brother and sister or two sisters where one is of light and other is of dark pigmentation (sometimes even swarthy). For example one my neighbor is short, swarthy and he look like southern Italian or Sicilian (it has that vibe); and his brother has light brown hair with reddish glow, blue eyes, reddish skin and Nordic feature (he look like Scandinavian).

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2 > A13912
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,689
    Given: 1,500

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post
    Idk what you mean by "dark" Serbs are what their genetics are mix of slavs and illyrians.Black hair but fair skin, 183-185cm average height and thats it.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic,Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Old Serbia
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Hero
    Živojin Mišić
    Religion
    Orthodox christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 590
    Given: 774

0 Not allowed!

Sindjelić didnt have jet black hair (only tsiganoids or plain hindu types have it in younger age here in Serbia, i dont count people with false identities fanariots ,jews ,etc) nor did the the Illyrians which some speculate came to Balkans from the Baltic .Stevan Sindjelić skull was CM and hiss drawing to my eyes look realistic

He looked like Ukrainian Cossack .(Cm pred)
    Same goes for Djordje Petrović

He looked like Scottish nobleman (classification would be North Atlantid with cm ,jawline ,tip of the nose)
    Last edited by Sorab12; 08-23-2023 at 03:55 AM.
    Srbadija

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Far_away View Post
    Idk what you mean by "dark" Serbs are what their genetics are mix of slavs and illyrians.Black hair but fair skin, 183-185cm average height and thats it.
    Dark brown hair among Serbian males and medium brown among females are most common. Serbs usually have significant lighter hair as a children than as adults. It is even possible platinum blonde hair in age 5-6-7 and in adulthood it becomes dark brown or black, i know such cases. Serbs and other south Slavs tend to have quite lighter hair in childhood than in adult age. Among some ethnic groups is not so big difference between childhood and adult age, for example Spaniards on average are not so different in hair color as children and adults.

I have mastered chakra and can also do romjutsu
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,190
    Given: 58,965

1 Not allowed!

Roma from Chicago declare: "Serbs are our Brothers in Kosovo and USA, the only nation we never had a problem with"

ROMI IZ ČIKAGA PORUČUJU: Srbi su naša braća na Kosovu i u Americi, jedini narod sa kojim nikada nismo imali problema!​

https://serbiantimes.info/romi-iz-ci...XcEwQP8jeCPHbY
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information