Thread: Does Tenerife have good healthcare and hospitals?

Banned
    Last Online
    07-28-2021 @ 05:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    East Slavic with a dash of Balkan
    Country
    Tunisia
    Y-DNA
    E-S7461 > E-Y150909
    mtDNA
    H10a
    Taxonomy
    Balto-Dinaro-Ponto-Gorid
    Politics
    Aryan Tribalism
    Hero
    Toforalt man who is my great grandpa
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 333
    Given: 233

0 Not allowed!

Default Does Tenerife have good healthcare and hospitals?

Among a few other places I’m considering. I have been thinking about buying a house in Tenerife to live in when I’m older. The houses there are cheap and I always loved the nature and climate of the island. But I’m a little bit worried that the healthcare on the island might be loose butthole, in other words not good. Does anyone of Spanish decent have any information to offer about the healthcare there and life in general?

Last Online
    07-03-2023 @ 11:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    American-Samoa
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 139

2 Not allowed!

Guanche heritage.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Tunisia
    Y-DNA
    E-S7461 > E-Y150909
    mtDNA
    H10a
    Taxonomy
    Balto-Dinaro-Ponto-Gorid
    Politics
    Aryan Tribalism
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lustermoo View Post
    Guanche heritage.
    Lol my Y-DNA is a perfect match for Guanches, so is my mtDNA I think because I have a more basal H and Guanches also had it, but not sure need to check again.

I will be the Slavic Guanche over there

El_Jibaro

2 Not allowed!

Yes, the hospitals in Tenerife have agreements with major international health insurers and their treatments are first class. You will have no problems.

Anyway betraying my Tinerfeño great grandparents, I would recommend Gran Canaria over Tenerife. In GC there are 3 hospitals in the capital and like 3 other public ones spread throughout the rest of the island: Maspalomas, Galdar, etc. Gran Canaria is much better to live in, the beach (the real one) next door, the airport is 20 minutes from the city with a direct bus, the south is 50 minutes, where you will see beaches that Tenerife does not have anywhere near. In addition, the summit of Gran Canaria da mas juego que Tenerife, que tiene 3 cosas contadas. In general life on both islands is very, very good though and every time I go there I fall in love with it. It is not very expensive and the weather is great (there are only 2 seasons, spring and summer) and not depending on the weather at all is an amazing quality of life...not to mention the nice and open-minded people. The scenery is amazing, in the same day it can be snowing on the Teide and people sunbathing in Los Cristianos. The corona forestal and Anaga peninsula is to walk and enjoy it. Although you also have to adapt to the society itself, they have their peculiarities, in the Canary Islands everything goes slower, it is as if time is frozen, no se apartan ni los gatos, if you are from the north at the beginning you despair. If you are a quiet guy, you like to be calm, far away, relaxed and you don't mind lacking some services and that, being isolated, because what you value is the beach and relaxation, then the Canary Islands is your place. If you decide to come, as I said I recommend Gran Canaria in some nucleus 5 or 10km from the capital or tourist areas, where you can have everything a few minutes away and at the same time the tranquility of a residential area...but it will depend on your tastes. The other islands in terms of leisure fall short, but they are beautiful. Although if you are not used to living on an island...I do not recommend it unless you fall in love with the area.

Hope it helped, saludos
    Last edited by El_Jibaro; 07-05-2021 at 01:09 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Tunisia
    Y-DNA
    E-S7461 > E-Y150909
    mtDNA
    H10a
    Taxonomy
    Balto-Dinaro-Ponto-Gorid
    Politics
    Aryan Tribalism
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Jibaro View Post
    Yes, the hospitals in Tenerife have agreements with major international health insurers and their treatments are first class. You will have no problems.

Anyway betraying my Tinerfeño great grandparents, I would recommend Gran Canaria over Tenerife. In GC there are 3 hospitals in the capital and like 3 other public ones spread throughout the rest of the island: Maspalomas, Galdar, etc. Gran Canaria is much better to live in, the beach (the real one) next door, the airport is 20 minutes from the city with a direct bus, the south is 50 minutes, where you will see beaches that Tenerife does not have anywhere near. In addition, the summit of Gran Canaria da mas juego que Tenerife, que tiene 3 cosas contadas. In general life on both islands is very, very good though and every time I go there I fall in love with it. It is not very expensive and the weather is great (there are only 2 seasons, spring and summer) and not depending on the weather at all is an amazing quality of life...not to mention the nice and open-minded people. The scenery is amazing, in the same day it can be snowing on the Teide and people sunbathing in Los Cristianos. The corona forestal and Anaga peninsula is to walk and enjoy it. Although you also have to adapt to the society itself, they have their peculiarities, in the Canary Islands everything goes slower, it is as if time is frozen, no se apartan ni los gatos, if you are from the north at the beginning you despair. If you are a quiet guy, you like to be calm, far away, relaxed and you don't mind lacking some services and that, being isolated, because what you value is the beach and relaxation, then the Canary Islands is your place. If you decide to come, as I said I recommend Gran Canaria in some nucleus 5 or 10km from the capital or tourist areas, where you can have everything a few minutes away and at the same time the tranquility of a residential area...but it will depend on your tastes. The other islands in terms of leisure fall short, but they are beautiful. Although if you are not used to living on an island...I do not recommend it unless you fall in love with the area.

Hope it helped, saludos
    This is exactly what I wanted to know from a local. Thank you brotha!

Thread Information