Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 190

Thread: Is it self-hate that I donít identify as an Arab?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Last Online
    08-17-2021 @ 07:54 AM
    Ethnicity
    Christian Lebanese
    Country
    Lebanon
    Gender
    Posts
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 37

    6 Not allowed!

    Default Is it self-hate that I donít identify as an Arab?

    I donít think it is self-hate that me and the other Maronites usually do not identify as an Arab. Because Islam has been introduced to the region by Arabians and therefore Arab identity is mostly associated with Islam. So, what do you think? Is it self-hate that I donít identify as an Arab?


  2. #2
    Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Gallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Location
    EspaŮa
    Ethnicity
    EspaŮol
    Ancestry
    AndalucŪa
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    E-FT156439
    mtDNA
    J1c5c1
    Religion
    Catůlico
    Gender
    Posts
    3,563
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,361
    Given: 1,828

    2 Not allowed!

    Default

    It is happening more and more every day worldwide. On tik tok you see it every day.

    You can feel identified with whatever you feel identified with and it is not necessary to hate for it because surely the straw is also in our own eye finally and he who is without sin let him cast the first stone.

    So you can find freedom without hate.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"


    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Atlantic islander
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R-U106
    mtDNA
    HV18
    Gender
    Posts
    9,689
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,219
    Given: 7,253

    1 Not allowed!

    Default

    You’re not an Arab so why would you?
    Nine out of ten concerns are completely unfounded.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Last Online
    08-17-2021 @ 07:54 AM
    Ethnicity
    Christian Lebanese
    Country
    Lebanon
    Gender
    Posts
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 37

    0 Not allowed!

    Default

    By the way, I have nothing against being an Arab.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Last Online
    07-22-2021 @ 10:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Classic Med
    Politics
    Moderate
    Religion
    Christian
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Posts
    13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 11

    1 Not allowed!

    Default

    Of course not, why would it be self hate?

  6. #6
    Ambassador of TA TheMaestro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:30 PM
    Location
    La Habana
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    Sweden
    Hero
    J.R.R. Tolkien
    Gender
    Posts
    17,230
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,084
    Given: 7,902

    9 Not allowed!

    Default

    Being Arabic is a stupid umbrella term. You're Lebanese, that's what you are, that's what you can be proud of, it's your ethnicity. You don't need to claim to be Arab.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Last Online
    08-17-2021 @ 07:54 AM
    Ethnicity
    Christian Lebanese
    Country
    Lebanon
    Gender
    Posts
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 37

    0 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuss View Post
    Of course not, why would it be self hate?
    A member told me such a thing:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    It looks like a form of self-hate too me. Arabs weren't always muslim, but Pagan before that, so equaling Arab world with Islam is superficial.
    What I think is that Christian Levantines want to be seen as white.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    08-12-2021 @ 03:55 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Black/White
    Ethnicity
    Mulatto
    Country
    Vatican-City
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Hero
    Malcolm X
    Religion
    Nationalism
    Gender
    Posts
    156
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 56

    2 Not allowed!

    Default

    I believe it is completely normal if you do it in order to embrace your identity and let others know about who your people are. But if you do so in order to distance yourself from Arabs and be perceived as more "Western/White", then it is self-hate, no doubt. Only you can answer your question, ultimately.

    Peace!

  9. #9
    Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Posts
    2,886
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,166
    Given: 24,460

    4 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainn View Post
    I donít think it is self-hate that me and the other Maronites usually do not identify as an Arab. Because Islam has been introduced to the region by Arabians and therefore Arab identity is mostly associated with Islam. So, what do you think? Is it self-hate that I donít identify as an Arab?
    Arab isn't only an ethnicity but for the most part also a culture and language. Sudanese are Arabs too. Lebanese are culturally arabized.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainn View Post
    A member told me such a thing:

    Because your threads just reek of OWD and cope.

    Nobody in America would think of your people as white. Although, US government uses a very broad definition of white for census purposes. I believe this originated with certain ethnic groups, such as Lebanese and Syrian Christians in the early 20th century lobbying to be categorised as white.

    But you aren't socially considered white along with Muslim Arabs in America.

    Spoiler!


    You are only 'white' in Latin America lel.

    Spoiler!


    I personally don't care what you identify as, but you ain't white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ...
    Ethnicity
    ...
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Gender
    Posts
    1,604
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 993
    Given: 289

    1 Not allowed!

    Default

    Many people who speak Arabic are not true Arabs in the strictest ethnic sense. So if you say that it is self-hate for them not to identify as Arabs, you might as well say that North Africans in France are Frenchmen because they have learned to speak French, no?

    Although Arab is more of a social ethnicity. Somalis are considered Arabs, as they are in the Arab League:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member...he_Arab_League

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Arab American man hates being Arab
    By JohnSmith in forum Current Affairs & Ideas
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 04-12-2021, 12:07 AM
  2. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-06-2018, 03:10 AM
  3. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 05-26-2017, 10:35 AM
  4. Hate crime? Hate speech? Freedom of Expression? - Your choice.
    By Petros Agapetos in forum Politics & Ideology
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-20-2016, 09:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •