Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I believe in traditional gender roles. (People look at me like I’m an alien when I tell them this)

Last Online
    01-31-2024 @ 09:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Cretan Greek
    Ancestry
    Kallikratis and Monemvasia
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    J2a M-241 (Cretan subclade)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 295

3 Not allowed!

If traditional gender roles were applied fully you wouldn't even be allowed to use a computer mind you posting in an online platform, but whatever floats your boat

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,113
    Given: 10,158

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SneedsFeedNSeed View Post
    When I look for a wife, I will look for a housewife. Because having kids and working is too much for both to do, and my career pays too much for me to be the stay-at-home parent. Though that would've been fun.
    Had I been a woman, I would have done the same as you. Chores and exercising are very easy for me. Why would anyone want to spend 25% of 40-50 years away, doing things they don't choose to do, when they can stay at home and do whatever they want to most of the time?
    There are some women which want to be a housewife but don’t want to even do chores though. If it’s a prior agreement then fair enough but the housewife should contribute through cooking/cleaning if she won’t work and shouldn’t expect a free ride. It’s not an agreement I would personally want though,’and even if I did it isn’t really possible to live a comfortable life in a city like London with a family and one person working unless your job is incredibly well paid.

It’s also risky in our modern divorce heavy society to go into such an agreement as a man imo; when marriage was for life it wasn’t but chances are you could have a divorce one day and lose half your shit. At least when both individuals work this will be negated slightly.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 09:55 AM
    Country
    Jamaica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,667
    Given: 5,726

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Megadorian View Post
    If traditional gender roles were applied fully you wouldn't even be allowed to use a computer mind you posting in an online platform, but whatever floats your boat
    It's a useless term in general. Gender role traditions have varied through generations and classes, but funny how most people today see "traditional" roles as women only cleaning and taking care of children (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,925
    Given: 4,821

0 Not allowed!

Sometimes its out of your control. My wife is a trained lawyer and did not work a day in her life until recently she got a job in small law firm as a secretary, I work from home and have a 9 month old here with me others are at school. Its nice to kick her out of the house so she can find a job. Nah just kidding.

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,113
    Given: 10,158

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    It's a useless term in general. Gender role traditions have varied through generations and classes, but funny how most people today see "traditional" roles as women only cleaning and taking care of children (not that there is anything wrong with that)
    There was always working women throughout history especially in medieval Europe where women worked the fields during serfdom with their husbands, so yeah the idea of a woman being at home only is more of an early modern invention.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-14-2021 @ 08:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Caveman
    Ethnicity
    Bosnian
    Country
    Bosnia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid
    Politics
    Kratocracy
    Religion
    Islam
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 332

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayetooey View Post
    There are some women which want to be a housewife but don’t want to even do chores though. If it’s a prior agreement then fair enough but the housewife should contribute through cooking/cleaning if she won’t work and shouldn’t expect a free ride. It’s not an agreement I would personally want though,’and even if I did it isn’t really possible to live a comfortable life in a city like London with a family and one person working unless your job is incredibly well paid.

It’s also risky in our modern divorce heavy society to go into such an agreement as a man imo; when marriage was for life it wasn’t but chances are you could have a divorce one day and lose half your shit. At least when both individuals work this will be negated slightly.
    Of course she will have to agree to it first.
    And then a prenup too.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,924
    Given: 18,997

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Breathe View Post
    **** PLEASE NO RUDE FEMINIST RESPONSES
    It is a stupid myth that women did not work in the Middle Ages (or in the past in general).

Once 90% of the population were peasants and 90% of women had plough experience:

^^^
    "Traditional gender roles" means you work hard in your husband's farm together with him.

I am a 27 year old muslimah American lady. I grew up in a pretty traditional household.
    How old was your mother when she married your father? Probably 17. What have you been doing for the last 10 years, LOL ???

With traditional gender roles, women were being swapped for 15 gallons of insecticide aged 17.
    Last edited by Peterski; 07-12-2021 at 08:53 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-12-2023 @ 03:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Permic
    Ethnicity
    Peasant
    Ancestry
    コミ
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Karaboğa (euryprosopic, platyrrhine, dolichocephalic)
    Relationship Status
    Virgin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,863
    Given: 2,946

3 Not allowed!

When Kai Donner traveled among Samoyeds in the 1910s, he wrote that they made women do most of the work, including butchering the reindeers, setting up the tents, processing skins, chopping firewood, and manufacturing household items (https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/49142):

Päällepäätteeksi oli eräs vaimoista, Jäägon puoliso, sairaana ja raskaana. Yökaudet hän istui kodassa voivotellen ja ähkyen eikä saanut unta. Päivisin täytyi hänen matkustaa, valmistaa ruokaa ja hoitaa lapsia. Sellaisissa olosuhteissa ei samojedinaisen kohtalo tosiaankaan ole kadehdittava. Olipa terve tai sairas, on hänen aina pakko suorittaa raskaimmat työt. Naiset tavallisesti pystyttävät kodan, hoitavat lapset, pitävät huolta taloudesta ja ruuasta. He kantavat kaiken veden tai sulattavat lumen, pitävät yllä tulta ja hakkaavat kaikki polttopuut. He neulovat vaatteet, teurastavat porot, ja muokkaavat nahat sekä valmistavat suurimman osan kaikista tarvekaluista. Vihdoin he synnyttävät lapsensa yksin ja muiden avutta ulkona kodan edustalla. Miehet kalastavat ja metsästävät sekä hoitavat poronsa, mutta siinä onkin melkein kaikki.

Translation:

Moreover, one of the wives, Jäägo's wife, was sick and pregnant. All night, she sat in the hut moaning and groaning and unable to sleep. During the days, she was required to travel, make food, and take care of the children. Under such conditions, the fate of the Samoyed woman is not to be envied. No matter if she was healthy or sick, she always had to perform the hardest jobs. Typically the women set up the tents, look after the children, and take care of the household and the food. They carry all the water or melt the snow, look after the fire, and chop all the firewood. They sow the clothes, butcher the reindeers, process the skins, and make most of the household items. Finally they give birth alone in front of the tent without help from others. The men fish and hunt and herd the reindeer, but that's about it.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I’ve tried online dating and typically, the first questions men ask are like

“what do you do”?
    “Where do you see yourself professionally in 5 years”
    “What do you have your degree in”

When I tell them I would like to be a housewife after getting married they just block me.
    I think they do it because you are few years too late to be a housewife. They wouldn't block you if your age was 19 and your dream was to be a housewife.

I mean what have you been doing with your life for the last 10 years, LOL ??? Do you at least have few years of experience in being a housewife, LOL ???

At 27 a good Muslim housewife should have already birthed a few babies, and should already have some experience in being a housewife.
    Last edited by Peterski; 07-12-2021 at 09:13 AM.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Komintasavalta View Post
    When Kai Donner traveled among Samoyeds in the 1910s, he wrote that they made women do most of the work, including butchering the reindeers, setting up the tents, processing skins, chopping firewood, and manufacturing household items (https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/49142):
    Päällepäätteeksi oli eräs vaimoista, Jäägon puoliso, sairaana ja raskaana. Yökaudet hän istui kodassa voivotellen ja ähkyen eikä saanut unta. Päivisin täytyi hänen matkustaa, valmistaa ruokaa ja hoitaa lapsia. Sellaisissa olosuhteissa ei samojedinaisen kohtalo tosiaankaan ole kadehdittava. Olipa terve tai sairas, on hänen aina pakko suorittaa raskaimmat työt. Naiset tavallisesti pystyttävät kodan, hoitavat lapset, pitävät huolta taloudesta ja ruuasta. He kantavat kaiken veden tai sulattavat lumen, pitävät yllä tulta ja hakkaavat kaikki polttopuut. He neulovat vaatteet, teurastavat porot, ja muokkaavat nahat sekä valmistavat suurimman osan kaikista tarvekaluista. Vihdoin he synnyttävät lapsensa yksin ja muiden avutta ulkona kodan edustalla. Miehet kalastavat ja metsästävät sekä hoitavat poronsa, mutta siinä onkin melkein kaikki.

Translation:
    Moreover, one of the wives, Jäägo's wife, was sick and pregnant. All night, she sat in the hut moaning and groaning and unable to sleep. During the days, she was required to travel, make food, and take care of the children. Under such conditions, the fate of the Samoyed woman is not to be envied. No matter if she was healthy or sick, she always had to perform the hardest jobs. Typically the women set up the tents, look after the children, and take care of the household and the food. They carry all the water or melt the snow, look after the fire, and chop all the firewood. They sow the clothes, butcher the reindeers, process the skins, and make most of the household items. Finally they give birth alone in front of the tent without help from others. The men fish and hunt and herd the reindeer, but that's about it.
    ^^^
    Exactly. These are traditional gender roles! Or this, LMAO:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information