Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,440
    Given: 6,378

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
    I would argue that White's are not Racially Pure in the West. In America, the majority of people are mixed Whites-- mixed peoples of Europe. German, Polish, French, Irish, English, etc. I would argue that Europeans are more racially pure. Germany or England or France is more racially pure 'genetically' than an American would be who is combined of these bloodlines.
    Creoda was referring to race, not nationality. For instance, Black Americans are more mixed than White Americans, and I'm not talking about tribes. Most European Americans don't have a lot of Black genes or Native American genes, and the ones, that do, almost always have a tiny amount. The one drop rule is just for Louisiana.

Trapped In Clown World Anglo-Celtic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Briton, Gaelic, Saxon, Varied
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Scottish, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,440
    Given: 6,378

0 Not allowed!

I use the term, "colored people", to trigger PC people. When they complain, I refer them to a Black conservative economist named Walter Williams. He mocked the term, "people of color", when he referred to his jeans of blue. In real life, I don't use either term, because they sound either antiquated or ridiculous.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Komintasavalta View Post
    Maybe they were just freaks like SCARtem who were into Armenoid chicks.
    SCARtem is actually a Mari dude with a Taurid nose lel.

Spoiler!
    TL;DR

I don't know if the stereotype of Circassians being beautiful originated in the Middle Ages like you said, because according to the quotation above, one of the earliest European texts which mentioned the stereotype was from the year 1684.
    The "Circassian beauty" stereotype had its roots in the Middle Ages. It's exotic orientalism from the past. A western-normative construct.

The image below shows the winners of the first international beauty contest in 1888, who look very Caucasian.

They look similar to these Circassians:

They look nothing alike. Save your autism for later.

Quote Originally Posted by Millennium View Post
    Why do you say “effortless”?
    You've been spamming this same concept in several threads every day for weeks. I've seen you around. You trolls do realise that spamming 50 threads on the same thing will make the impact less not more, right?

Having grown up with Asians of all colors, I just can’t help feeling that the binary “white” and “black” to be reserved for negroes and Europids is very Eurocentric and narrow minded, not to mention exaggerated and rarely true. I’d prefer colors to be adjectives rather than nouns, and I think that’s how they used to be.
    Well, you don't live in the west, racial divisions have always existed since time immemorial, the remnant of prehistoric tribalism writ large, so this isn't new. Human discrimination knows no bounds, and there are many cases of entrenched prejudice within non-Western ethnic and national groups as well.

Have fun chasing your own tail.

I’m not able to find anyone to discuss this in real life, so I was hoping I could do that online.
    You live in Asia, why do you feel the need to stick your nose in other country's affairs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Senior Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-17-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    Singapore
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 7

1 Not allowed!

I thought this was an anthropology forum…anthropologists talk about racial matters, which includes among other things comparing people.

I’m no troll. Not trying to be.
    I haven’t made 50 threads about this everyday for weeks.
    I’ve only made 1 or 2 other threads about this so far.
    Which haven’t had much responses.
    Maybe 1 or 2 extra from that which I made by mistake by putting in the wrong section, not being able to delete it later.
    And they’re all probably deeply buried by other threads by now, forgotten and barely or never noticed.
    Last edited by Homo Insapiens; 07-17-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

1 Not allowed!

I haven’t made 50 threads about this everyday for weeks. I’ve only made 1 or 2 other threads about this so far. Maybe 1 or 2 extra from that which I made by mistake by putting in the wrong section, not being able to delete it later. And they’re all probably deeply buried by other threads by now, forgotten and barely or never noticed.
    I think you've posted this thread enough times already, you need to find a new hobby.

Spoiler!

I thought this was an anthropology forum…anthropologists talk about racial matters, which includes among other things comparing people.
    But you are here only to compare South Asians with negroes, and challenging the black/white racial divisions. The lack of self awareness with your kind is staggering.

Spoiler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    Singapore
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I forgot to mention or emphasise. My point was that people would rarely if ever call or describe a caramel or brown colored bird, leaf, flower, fruit, dog, cat, shoes, jacket, even hair and eye color or any other object as black would they? Why so different with people?
    Last edited by Homo Insapiens; 07-23-2021 at 04:08 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,244
    Given: 1,444

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
    I would argue that White's are not Racially Pure in the West. In America, the majority of people are mixed Whites-- mixed peoples of Europe. German, Polish, French, Irish, English, etc. I would argue that Europeans are more racially pure. Germany or England or France is more racially pure 'genetically' than an American would be who is combined of these bloodlines.
    Depends on the individual and the mix in question and as far as demographics are concerned you would have to DNA test all American 'whites' to know. The English and Germans are mutts themselves they are not Swedish (even Swedes are somewhat mutts on a genetic if not phenotypic level). The English are mutts a mix of Iron Age Britons and Germanics largely and the Germans have French and slavic floating around mixed in. An Amerian who is a mix of Irish, English and German could very well approximate middle England. An American who is Dutch, English and Polish could approximate German etc...

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-12-2024 @ 06:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

0 Not allowed!

I forgot to mention or emphasise. My point was that people would rarely if ever call or describe a caramel or brown colored bird, leaf, flower, fruit, dog, cat, shoes, jacket, even hair and eye color or any other object as black would they? Why so different with people?
    I think you're deliberately being a bit obtuse. West Africans are very nearly black-colored. And to Europeans who first interacted with them, the contrast would certainly have made them seem black. It is a small wonder that they came to be known as such. In the halcyon days of pre-globalism, two colors was enough. The English language didn't need a million different words to appease all the different shades of brown that exist in the world.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    Singapore
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

…….
    Last edited by Homo Insapiens; 08-01-2021 at 01:48 PM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    Singapore
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I think you're deliberately being a bit obtuse. West Africans are very nearly black-colored. And to Europeans who first interacted with them, the contrast would certainly have made them seem black. It is a small wonder that they came to be known as such. In the halcyon days of pre-globalism, two colors was enough. The English language didn't need a million different words to appease all the different shades of brown that exist in the world.
    I’m not trying to be obtuse. I’m trying to be logical. At the heart of this really isn’t about race or ethnicity or anything of that sort, it’s about logic and reason. I’m actually no expert on anthropology whatsoever. I’m just trying to shed light on something I’ve always found illogical as a lay person.

Africans can be very nearly black-colored. So can some South Asian caucasoids. Yet they aren’t called and known as “black people”, only people of African and Australasian descent are called and known as that, it has become synonymous with them.

People of African descent came to be called “black” in Spanish and Portuguese, which is “negro”, in which they still are, but in English and some other European languages, they came to be called something distinct, “negroes” and it’s equivalent in other European languages, though never in Spanish and Portuguese curiously, from which the term is derived from their term for the color black, despite the fact that the negroes would’ve been very dark back then to them, and there wouldn’t have been knowledge of south Asian black Caucasoids, the colonists were still sensible enough to not name a noun after an adjective. English “negro” and it’s equivalents in some other European languages are distinct from Spanish and Portuguese “negro”, which just means the color black for them, but in English and some other European languages, it does not refer to any color, it came to distinctly not mean a color but to mean a distinct race, those possessing negroid features.

Some Africans, like some South Sudanese Nilotics, are apparently literally black, something I’m not sure yet whether is possible among South Asians, but most Africans aren’t very nearly black-colored, at least to my observations of them in photos, videos and in person, and many are very light shades of brown, yet are still called and known as “black people”. Unmixed people of African descent tend to be on average darker than people of South Asian descent, but there is a lot of overlap both ways.

It’s like if there were Smurfs and Na’vi, only one of those groups got to be called “blue”, “blue people”, and their original name became taboo and politically incorrect, but the other doesn’t get to be called “blue people”, so when people say “blue people” and “blue person” it excludes the other group, despite the fact that they can be very blue.

About the term “negro”, if it’s so offensive to some people, look, if there was another term used to exclusively refer to people of African and Australasian descent, that is, people who have dark skins and curly hair, I would be happy to latch on to it instead of “negro”, but alas, there isn’t, and doesn’t look like there’ll ever be anytime soon, which is why I must resort to “negro”

The advantage the term “negro” had is that it only referred to people of African and Australasian descent, when South Asians can be very dark as well, and didn’t refer to color, when many “black people” can be very light.

I’m not actually entirely sure why the term “negro” has become so taboo and offensive in modern times. There doesn’t appear to be any clear reason why. The only thing I can see is that it’s somehow associated with America’s history of racism, but that doesn’t say very much. To me, to be offended by this term is a clear example of mindless automatic brainwashing.
    Before the term became outdated, it was always used as a neutral non-pejorative term, just as terms for other ethnicities are. “Negro” was by no means a pejorative term, and by no means intended to look down on them.
    Whoever were responsible for getting rid of “negro” and replacing it with “black”, clearly they didn’t have south asians in mind. After all, people of South Asian descent had very little to do with America’s and the West’s history, in contrast to people of African descent, and most of the world follows the west.

Btw in my native language it’s still perfectly acceptable to say “negro”, and in fact my native language doesn’t have adjective term for races like how English does.

Apparently, people of European descent were called “white people” throughout the duration that people of African descent were called “negroes”, rather illogical and disappointing to me.

About Sean’s comments, I’m certainly no troll. I’m not trying to argue for anything like “Indians are niggers”. Because the darkest Indians are rarely found overseas, and for some reason there’s barely any photos of them online, and the fact that they don’t seem to be common nowadays, I’m trying to illustrate how dark they can be, in order to be able to argue how illogical it is that only negroes are called “black”.

About Sean’s point on me making 50 threads about this topic, I may have made many other posts relating to colored people, for they often are in my interests, but only this thread, along with maybe like one or two others, are about this very topic, that is, “negro vs black and Caucasian vs white” if that makes sense. I made threads inquiring about Indian skin colour in order to conduct research on this topic, because I’m not familiar with south Asians, I’m trying to see if South Asians can corroborate whether Indians can be very nearly black, or if it’s just my observational errors.

If these facts can be established, then I can’t see why anyone would disagree that it’s rather illogical to call only negroes “black people” when: 1. They’re not usually literally black 2. They’re often very light 3. South Asian Caucasoids can be as dark as very nearly black.

So why are only negroes called “black people”?
    Eurocentrism/Westerncentrism?
    Last edited by Homo Insapiens; 08-01-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information