H39
    Politics
    Ugly history as it is. Don't blame me.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,437
    Given: 1,436

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Saiwalo View Post
    These kind of eyes are quite extreme. They exist but they are rare. Overall, these more exotic Finnish types tend to be very overrepresented on these sites, as most intelligent users should realize.
    As a Danish member stated it: what is rare in Finland, yet rarer in Denmark, is typical in Finland. If you remember this wisdom, you'll easily cope here.

Last Online
    04-06-2024 @ 06:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Avar (3/4) Crimean Tatar (1/4)
    Ancestry
    Northern Caucasia
    Country
    Finland
    mtDNA
    H13a
    Taxonomy
    north pontid with proto-nordid elements
    Hero
    Ataturk, Shamil the Avar, Robin Cook, Bertrand Russel
    Religion
    Tengrism
    Relationship Status
    engaged to N1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 639
    Given: 1,142

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemminkäinen View Post
    Look Catheryn Winnichk. She has cheek bones - the line from chin to forehead is not straight. In my family all women have higher cheek bones than my male relatives.

her cheeckbones are just like mine its a common trait among northern Caucasians too

These kind of eyes are quite extreme. They exist but they are rare. Overall, these more exotic Finnish types tend to be very overrepresented on these sites, as most intelligent users should realize.
    Slanted eyes are common with high cheekbones in Finland like Lemminkäinen said and its no secret, but I thought this boy's eyes are a bit extreme than the usual Finnish eyes plus I know him, so why wouldnt I share to ask opinions? this is the first time I am asking about Finnish phenotype and I dont believe it is overrepresenting

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-13-2024 @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Ugly history as it is. Don't blame me.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,437
    Given: 1,436

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Buusra View Post
    her cheeckbones are just like mine its a common trait among northern Caucasians too

Slanted eyes are common with high cheekbones in Finland like Lemminkäinen said and its no secret, but I thought this boy's eyes are a bit extreme than the usual Finnish eyes plus I know him, so why wouldnt I share to ask opinions? this is the first time I am asking about Finnish phenotype and I dont believe it is overrepresenting
    I have no cheebones. Saiwalo onviously lacks them too. I don't know about Komintasavalta, he is too shy to show his picture.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:18 AM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Nordid - Baltid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,287
    Given: 1,364

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Buusra View Post

Firstly, my message wasn't obviously directed towards you personally, but this boards attitude towards Finns as a whole. Anyway, calling slanted eyes common is a bit much, when in fact they are by far minority (and this is coming from a northern Finn).

Last Online
    04-06-2024 @ 06:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Avar (3/4) Crimean Tatar (1/4)
    Ancestry
    Northern Caucasia
    Country
    Finland
    mtDNA
    H13a
    Taxonomy
    north pontid with proto-nordid elements
    Hero
    Ataturk, Shamil the Avar, Robin Cook, Bertrand Russel
    Religion
    Tengrism
    Relationship Status
    engaged to N1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 639
    Given: 1,142

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemminkäinen View Post
    I have no cheebones. Saiwalo onviously lacks them too. I don't know about Komintasavalta, he is too shy to show his picture.
    true usually women have it more in general. I noticed that I inherited it from my grandmother (via my mother), not my father

Firstly, my message wasn't obviously directed towards you personally, but this boards attitude towards Finns as a whole. Anyway, calling slanted eyes common is a bit much, when in fact they are by far minority (and this is coming from a northern Finn).
    ok then, and this young guy might have Saami ancestors even, I wouldnt know it

but it is amazing to think about how genes show it depending on the background and history
    Last edited by Nanushka; 07-24-2021 at 01:18 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,589
    Given: 462

4 Not allowed!

The average Finn hardly has Mongoliform eyes (but because they are more occurring, they catch attention from people who do not have or lower levels of Siberian etc).

The observations tabulated by Zolotarev confirm this general impression. The facial outline is called rectangular in 55 per cent of the series, and ovoid in 33 per cent; the nasal profile is straight in half the sample, concave in 40 per cent, and convex in the remaining tenth. The tip of the nose points upward twice as frequently as downward; the lateral profile of the forehead is as a rule steep; in only one out of ten instances are the two profile lines parallel, as in the characteristic Nordic form. Mongoloid features, including an internal eyefold and extreme malar projection, are not typical, but are more frequent in the series from the carelian Republic than in that from the Volga country. Only six men out of 1008 have the true Mongolian eyefold and these are all in the Republic series.

https://www.theapricity.com/snpa/chapter-IX9.htm

That's like 0.5%. Estonian physical anthropologist Karin Mark gave the data that 1.8% of Finns had epicanthic eyefolds: https://antropologia-fizyczna.pl/sta...ych-w-tabeli-2 (Polish)

Banned
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 09:55 AM
    Country
    Jamaica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,667
    Given: 5,726

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    The average Finn hardly has Mongoliform eyes (but because they are more occurring, they catch attention from people who do not have or lower levels of Siberian etc).

The observations tabulated by Zolotarev confirm this general impression. The facial outline is called rectangular in 55 per cent of the series, and ovoid in 33 per cent; the nasal profile is straight in half the sample, concave in 40 per cent, and convex in the remaining tenth. The tip of the nose points upward twice as frequently as downward; the lateral profile of the forehead is as a rule steep; in only one out of ten instances are the two profile lines parallel, as in the characteristic Nordic form. Mongoloid features, including an internal eyefold and extreme malar projection, are not typical, but are more frequent in the series from the carelian Republic than in that from the Volga country. Only six men out of 1008 have the true Mongolian eyefold and these are all in the Republic series.

That's like 0.5%. Estonian physical anthropologist Karin Mark gave the data that 1.8% of Finns had epicanthic eyefolds: https://antropologia-fizyczna.pl/sta...ych-w-tabeli-2 (Polish)
    Makes sense, I've been to Finland several times and if anything they look more like Swedes with a somewhat distinct component.

Last Online
    02-05-2024 @ 11:08 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slav
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Region
    Moscow
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 169

1 Not allowed!

I saw a guy with the same phenotype in Siberia.Nordid+uralid

Banned
    Last Online
    09-12-2023 @ 03:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Permic
    Ethnicity
    Peasant
    Ancestry
    コミ
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Karaboğa (euryprosopic, platyrrhine, dolichocephalic)
    Relationship Status
    Virgin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,863
    Given: 2,946

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    Makes sense, I've been to Finland several times and if anything they look more like Swedes with a somewhat distinct component.
    Yeah but even Swedes look semi-Mongoloid from the point of view of Chad Spaniards like Viejo.

On a scale of how Mongoloid the eyes of a population looks, where 0% is the Spanish average 100% is the Han average, and where it's possible to go below zero percent or above hundred percent, I would guess that the Finnish average is at least 20%.

You can't measure the Mongoloidness of eye shape based on the prevalence of a complete epicanthic fold alone. You also have to account for palpebral fissure inclination, palpebral fissure height, pretarsal show, etc.

I collected measurements published in Karin Mark's book "Soome-ugri rahvaste füüsiline antropoloogia" from Lucas's website linked by Östsvensk. I then converted the measurements into z-scores by calculating the average value and standard deviation among the population averages included in Mark's book. For 7 measurements relating to having Mongoloid-like eyes, the average z-score of Finns (not including Northeastern Finns or Ingrians) was -0.4, which was far above the two Indo-European populations included in the book: Finland-Swedes (-0.8) and Russians from the Middle Volga region (-1.0). But Finland-Swedes and Russians from the Middle Volga are some of the least woggy Indo-European populations, and both are mixed with the local semi-Mongoloid populations, so the gap between Finns and Southwestern Europeans would probably be much higher.

Last Online
    09-03-2023 @ 07:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    Central Polish
    Ancestry
    Anti-Semitic from my mother's side
    Country
    Poland
    Region
    Masovia
    Y-DNA
    R1a-M458
    mtDNA
    U4
    Taxonomy
    Noric
    Politics
    Bij bolszewika w każdej go postaci, bo to jest twój największy dzisiaj wróg.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,513
    Given: 697

1 Not allowed!

Fenno-Nordid

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information