Thread: More Amerindian or more Hispanic/European ?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-14-2024 @ 04:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 233

0 Not allowed!

Default More Amerindian or more Hispanic/European ?

Answer this, what are some things that people associate culturally to Amerindian influence being passed down to us but it’s really because of the Spanish influence, I’ll go first

Latinos being more open, sociable and expressive to other people in comparison to others. The collectivist culture of modern Latin America

Last Online
    12-10-2022 @ 12:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Austrian/German
    Country
    Austria
    Politics
    uncertain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 443
    Given: 416

2 Not allowed!

I never associated that trait of latinos to Amerindians, it seems more like a spanish thing for sure. IMO most amerindians even natives seem rather introverted and shy in their behavior especially when compared to black tribals, you see this in dance movements, black people have more elaborate dances, they have coordination in their dances and music, more emotional expression or photos/documentaries, amerindian dances are very static and not really seem like fun, more like some form of trance or ritualized movement, i dunno how to explain, i hope it makes sense.. Amerindians also seem rather silent and reserved and probably have less sense of humor. I am only judging this based on documentaries i watched, amerindian tribals rarely laugh and are mostly having serious faces. Music among amerindians is aside from ceremonial reasons, chantings or prayers etc. not really a thing. While black people influenced a huge degree of even contemporary music and have more tradition in it.

This could be incredibly biased, but from most documentaries i saw, Amerindian natives seem introverted in their behaviour. I think Amerindians are similar in this regard to Asians.

Daven

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhulta View Post
    I never associated that trait of latinos to Amerindians, it seems more like a spanish thing for sure. IMO most amerindians even natives seem rather introverted and shy in their behavior especially when compared to black tribals, you see this in dance movements, black people have more elaborate dances, they have coordination in their dances and music, more emotional expression or photos/documentaries, amerindian dances are very static and not really seem like fun, more like some form of trance or ritualized movement, i dunno how to explain, i hope it makes sense.. Amerindians also seem rather silent and reserved and probably have less sense of humor. I am only judging this based on documentaries i watched, amerindian tribals rarely laugh and are mostly having serious faces. Music among amerindians is aside from ceremonial reasons, chantings or prayers etc. not really a thing. While black people influenced a huge degree of even contemporary music and have more tradition in it.

This could be incredibly biased, but from most documentaries i saw, Amerindian natives seem introverted in their behaviour. I think Amerindians are similar in this regard to Asians.
    My impression as well.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yeah I agree especially the ones in the Amazon, a good place to see this type of behavior is in may parents country Peru, Limeńos are more open while serranos and selváticos are more or less pretty introverted people.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    My impression as well.
    This is why I believe countries like Cuba and Puerto Rico are more Spanish/European in culture then Chileans are despite the vast difference in wealth and more visible non-white population. Caribeńos got some of the most recent Spanish ancestry then all of us

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I feel like Amerindians from Latin America get offended easily at things they perceive as foreign or don’t understand. I remember watching 90 day fiancé and this guy was with the Ecuadorian woman and her highland family and he performed a magic trick infront of everybody, it didn’t exactly sit well everybody there and accused him of black magic.

Honestly I think the most musical countries in Latin America like Mexico, Colombia, Cuba, Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic all either got a major Spanish influence or African influence as opposed to indigenous influence. The only country that kinda does is Peru with Huayno music but it’s not really like you say the fun kind of music, it’s more like a ceremonial and mystical thing(el Condor pasa). https://youtu.be/WMf0iviTqW0 Even our music sounds kinda East Asian with all the flutes and what not
    Last edited by Thetruth; 07-29-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-08-2022 @ 02:57 AM
    Ethnicity
    Central American
    Ancestry
    Salvadoran-American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 325
    Given: 235

0 Not allowed!

you seem to be describing native americans from the Amazon... for example Mayans are very happy people... they are reserved AT FIRST but they are always smiling, very kind, caring, and carry a very motherly behavior... to the point where they will welcome you into their home just to feed you even if they barely have any food for themselves... but I agree with the other stuff, native americans are way more spiritual than africans... they connect themselves to the mother land, that is why where they live their nature is very preserved because they view nature as part of themselves... Africans are very different, look at Africa and what they are doing to their nature, they destroy it.... the music and dance of native americans is to connect yourself with mother earth... not to twerk for satan and provoke sexual behaviors even among young children.... Native American Maria Sabrina introduce the world to Mushrooms, the south american native americans introduce the world to ayahuasca... and Africans introduced us to voodoo and sucking blood and hunting albinos for witchcraft

Thread Information