Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there really such thing as a "league" when it comes to finding love?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 04:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Anglo, Baltic
    Ethnicity
    English, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Distant American Indian
    Ancestry
    Mother's Side: Colonial Virginia. Fathers Side: German/Lithuania early 1900s.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,029
    Given: 10,292

1 Not allowed!

Default Is there really such thing as a "league" when it comes to finding love?

People will often say "she's way out of your league". Is this even a thing? Sounds like an invention from Boomers and their mentality, but also a very worldly and secular mindset. I don't believe there is any such thing as being out of someone's league. It's all perception. It's not a reality, though.

Last Online
    02-21-2023 @ 07:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Ancestry
    English, German, and Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    H3a
    Taxonomy
    Long face
    Politics
    Anglo-European Nationalism
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 108

2 Not allowed!

I think it's less of a strict limitation and more that there's a likelihood for you to end up with someone more similar to you on an economic, intellectual, and social level. And obviously people can be ugly or stunning, but the vast majority of men and women are pretty average and other factors will determine whether or not you are compatible. Either way, having a very low confidence or low opinion of yourself isn't healthy.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    Is there really such thing as a "league" when it comes to finding love? People will often say "she's way out of your league". Is this even a thing? Sounds like an invention from Boomers and their mentality, but also a very worldly and secular mindset. I don't believe there is any such thing as being out of someone's league. It's all perception. It's not a reality, though.
    I think maybe you're overthinking the question. Usually when someone talks about someone being "out of their league", they're talking about looks.

Initially, league was meant to be used as a short way of saying, "Are you currently with someone who is so great that you really didn't expecting finding someone so great for you?". But today I would hope that most of us know that looks are a major part of the equation in a relationship.

All dating apps for instance are controlled by women, period. They decide who they date and fuck. Women are more picky than men, and if you're attractive, everything with women ''works''. If you're unattractive, nothing ''works'' lel.

Spoiler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Last Online
    02-21-2023 @ 07:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Ancestry
    English, German, and Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    H3a
    Taxonomy
    Long face
    Politics
    Anglo-European Nationalism
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 108

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    I think maybe you're overthinking the question. Usually when someone talks about someone being "out of their league", they're talking about looks.

Initially, league was meant to be used as a short way of saying, "Are you currently with someone who is so great that you really didn't expecting finding someone so great for you?". But today I would hope that most of us know that looks are a major part of the equation in a relationship.

All dating apps for instance are controlled by women, period. They decide who they date and fuck. Women are more picky than men, and if you're attractive, everything with women ''works''. If you're unattractive, nothing ''works'' lel.

Spoiler!
    Just don't use dating apps unless you're pathetically desperate.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Turin Turambar, Húrin Thalion and Aulë
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,931
    Given: 20,239

2 Not allowed!

Spoiler!
    These women wonder why they are infertile, crazy cat-moms with "fur-babies." I can't blame men because they are honestly not attractive in any sense of the word.

Dating apps are not worth it with the bottom of the barrel scum that exists in these platforms.
    “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

- H.P. Lovecraft

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Spoiler!
    Looks are incredibly subjective. I don't think many women are that much out of my league unless they are super models. And most of those women look mannish anyway.

BTW, I'm getting tons of matches on UR my Type. So it's not bad. Mostly attractive young women.
    Last edited by Richmondbread; 08-18-2021 at 08:44 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

1 Not allowed!

Overthinking ? You ain't seen nothing , yet !

All women are ugly and no I'm not gay nor am I a virgin :

It is only the man whose intellect is clouded by his sexual instinct that could give that stunted, narrow-shouldered, broad-hipped, and short-legged race the name of the fair sex; for the entire beauty of the sex is based on this instinct. One would be more justified in calling them the unaesthetic sex than the beautiful. Neither for music, nor for poetry, nor for fine art have they any real or true sense and susceptibility, and it is mere mockery on their part, in their desire to please, if they affect any such thing. --Arthur Schopenhauer

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/1194...-h/11945-h.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Sean

Spoiler!

... In general, we may say the following:—That the age they[women] prefer is from thirty to thirty-five. For instance, they prefer men of this age to youths, who in reality possess the highest form of human beauty. The reason for this is that they are not guided by taste but by instinct, which recognises in this particular age the acme of generative power. In general, women pay little attention to beauty, that is, to beauty of face; they seem to take it upon themselves alone to endow the child with beauty. It is chiefly the strength of a man and the courage that goes with it that attract them, for both of these promise the generation of robust children and at the same time a brave protector for them. Every physical defect in a man, any deviation from the type, a woman may, with regard to the child, eradicate if she is faultless in these parts herself or excels in a contrary direction. The only exceptions are those qualities which are peculiar to the man, and which, in consequence, a mother cannot bestow on her child; these include the masculine build of the skeleton, breadth of shoulder, small hips, straight legs, strength of muscle, courage, beard, and so on. And so it happens that a woman frequently loves an ugly man, albeit she never loves an unmanly man, because she cannot neutralise his defects.

The second class of considerations that are the source of love are those depending on the psychical qualities. Here we shall find that a woman universally is attracted by the qualities of a man's heart or character, both of which are inherited from the father. It is mainly firmness of will, determination and courage, and may be honesty and goodness of heart too, that win a woman over; while intellectual qualifications exercise no direct or instinctive power over her, for the simple reason that these are not inherited from the father. A lack of intelligence carries no weight with her; in fact, a superabundance of mental power or even genius, as abnormities, might have an unfavourable effect. And so we frequently find a woman preferring a stupid, ugly, and ill-mannered man to one who is well-educated, intellectual, and agreeable. Hence, people of extremely different temperament frequently marry for love—that is to say, he is coarse, strong, and narrow-minded, while she is very sensitive, refined, cultured, and aesthetic, and so on; or he is genial and clever, and she is a goose. --Arthur Schopenhauer

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/1194...link2H_4_0013s

^ RichmondBread's major malfunction is that he is not manly and he is obese or not in shape genius. I mean no kind of shape at all not necessarily elite shape or fantastic shape but just not in shape AT ALL and that is not manly.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post

It is only the man whose intellect is clouded by his sexual instinct that could give that stunted, narrow-shouldered, broad-hipped, and short-legged race the name of the fair sex; for the entire beauty of the sex is based on this instinct. One would be more justified in calling them the unaesthetic sex than the beautiful. Neither for music, nor for poetry, nor for fine art have they any real or true sense and susceptibility, and it is mere mockery on their part, in their desire to please, if they affect any such thing. --Arthur Schopenhauer

... In general, we may say the following:—That the age they[women] prefer is from thirty to thirty-five. For instance, they prefer men of this age to youths, who in reality possess the highest form of human beauty. The reason for this is that they are not guided by taste but by instinct, which recognises in this particular age the acme of generative power. In general, women pay little attention to beauty, that is, to beauty of face; they seem to take it upon themselves alone to endow the child with beauty. It is chiefly the strength of a man and the courage that goes with it that attract them, for both of these promise the generation of robust children and at the same time a brave protector for them. Every physical defect in a man, any deviation from the type, a woman may, with regard to the child, eradicate if she is faultless in these parts herself or excels in a contrary direction. The only exceptions are those qualities which are peculiar to the man, and which, in consequence, a mother cannot bestow on her child; these include the masculine build of the skeleton, breadth of shoulder, small hips, straight legs, strength of muscle, courage, beard, and so on. And so it happens that a woman frequently loves an ugly man, albeit she never loves an unmanly man, because she cannot neutralise his defects.

The second class of considerations that are the source of love are those depending on the psychical qualities. Here we shall find that a woman universally is attracted by the qualities of a man's heart or character, both of which are inherited from the father. It is mainly firmness of will, determination and courage, and may be honesty and goodness of heart too, that win a woman over; while intellectual qualifications exercise no direct or instinctive power over her, for the simple reason that these are not inherited from the father. A lack of intelligence carries no weight with her; in fact, a superabundance of mental power or even genius, as abnormities, might have an unfavourable effect. And so we frequently find a woman preferring a stupid, ugly, and ill-mannered man to one who is well-educated, intellectual, and agreeable. Hence, people of extremely different temperament frequently marry for love—that is to say, he is coarse, strong, and narrow-minded, while she is very sensitive, refined, cultured, and aesthetic, and so on; or he is genial and clever, and she is a goose. --Arthur Schopenhauer

^ RichmondBread's major malfunction is that he is not manly and he is obese or not in shape genius. I mean no kind of shape at all not necessarily elite shape or fantastic shape but just not in shape AT ALL and that is not manly.
    I am not obese. I have lost weight.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

That's what you think. You wouldn't be a 42 year old virgin if you had easy access to sex.

When a woman sees a guy she really likes, she WILL show it. If women are not staring and smiling at you, it's not because they are too shy or modest -- it's because they don't find you attractive.

But most virgins refuse to acknowledge this. They find this truth too painful to accept. They prefer to wallow in denial, thinking it's their "game" or "confidence" that needs to be stepped up. In reality, they're just not physically attractive enough for women to notice them.

Maybe, but they treat sex like a currency to be traded and exchanged.

This is not true because

1.Women who show too much interest are labeled as sluts or loose women. It is not socially acceptable (especially here in the Southern USA)
    2.I have not put sincere effort into finding romance/sex/women , in fact very little. Had I applied myself years ago I probably would have.
    3. I am not sub human or super unattractive. I have lost weight but it will take time to get into the shape I desire
    4. I have poor social skills and you can be ugly and have great social skills, and you do see ugly men with beautiful women and they aren't necessarily rich or successful either.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post

I don't look bad for my age.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information