United States
    Region
    Ohio
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 524
    Given: 1,529

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthDutch7991 View Post
    Americans of European ancestry, i.e. the actual number of "whites", according to this report, were only 41% in 2017 https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...-2016#Diaspora
    Those numbers might be as little as a third by now.
    Much higher than that. Hispanic is not racial.

Last Online
    02-21-2023 @ 07:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Ancestry
    English, German, and Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    H3a
    Taxonomy
    Long face
    Politics
    Anglo-European Nationalism
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 108

0 Not allowed!

I think it's important to contrast self-reported ethnicity as "white" with actually being of European descent. According to shittypedia: 133 million European-diaspora Americans, 41% of total US population (2017) (as opposed to 243,832,540 Americans self-identifying as white 72% of the total US population (2019))
    You have to remember that the U.S. census counts all of MENA and mestizo/castizo as white.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,235
    Given: 43,777

1 Not allowed!

Americans of European ancestry, i.e. the actual number of "whites", according to this report, were only 41% in 2017 https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...-2016#Diaspora
    Those numbers might be as little as a third by now.
    Don't many White Americans just state their ancestry as "American"? Hence why the recently-released Census results still put NHWs at 58%.

Last Online
    03-05-2024 @ 12:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    White European
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Ethnopluralism
    Hero
    Harold Godwinson
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 193

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy Frent View Post
    The advances made in science, technology, human knowledge...they're enough to make concern over this demographic detail look silly. Worrying over race is sort of like a local idiot marveling over an everyday happenstance in the downtown courthouse square. It doesn't matter. What matters are the issues of the heart, and issues of the mind (spiritual well-being).
    If we are at the point in human development that we can edit the human genome, and change the hair color on an individual like the flip of a lightswitch, etc., then why get passionate over racial homogeneousness?
    There is something instinctual to wanting to "circle the wagons," self-preservation, etc. But I really do think that intelligent advances in our modern world prove that type of reaction to be unnecessary and disadvantageous.
    Plus, you aint seen nothin like the Mighty Quinn!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN0X5IuU6jA
    As a molecular biologist, I assure you that we are still far from being able to actually program the physical characteristics of human beings, despite what the yellow press may claim. Nor there is agreement about the ethical issues that this would raise.

As for concerns about race, ethnicity, demographics etc being silly... well, I guess you are entitled to your opinion as everybody else. But for some people - including myself - they are a very important part of one's identity and of the beauty and richness of the world. Of course it's not a rational issue, but it's arational not irrational. Irrationality is the misuse of reason and the distortion of facts to justify something that originates from passion, emotions, personal inclinations etc. But that doesn't mean that listening to the latter - some people would say "listening to the heart" - is irrational or silly. We do it all the time concerning love, art, faith, professional preferences, pet choices and a lot of other things. Those things are arational, i.e. they lay outside the domain of reason.
    Let's make an example. You can choose between two potential mates, one has all the good qualities you can think of while the other is full of flaws but you like her anyway, while you don't care about the former. It's not irrational if you chose the latter, as long as you are aware of her defects and deem that you would be happier with her despite those flaws. It would be irrational if you tried to convince yourself that those flaws don't exist despite evidence of the contrary.

Of course group identity and self-preservation are human instincts, and important ones. They may raise issues where rational analysis is warranted, but they are not irrational in itself, anymore than love for a woman and passion for music or quantum physics. To me it seems that there are things that sound "sillier" and yet the majority of people agree that they are important, even at the point of spending a lot of efforts and resources for them.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy Frent View Post
    The advances made in science, technology, human knowledge...they're enough to make concern over this demographic detail look silly. Worrying over race is sort of like a local idiot marveling over an everyday happenstance in the downtown courthouse square. It doesn't matter. What matters are the issues of the heart, and issues of the mind (spiritual well-being).
    If we are at the point in human development that we can edit the human genome, and change the hair color on an individual like the flip of a lightswitch, etc., then why get passionate over racial homogeneousness?
    There is something instinctual to wanting to "circle the wagons," self-preservation, etc. But I really do think that intelligent advances in our modern world prove that type of reaction to be unnecessary and disadvantageous.
    Plus, you aint seen nothin like the Mighty Quinn!
    In the long term it probably does not matter not simply because gene editing and nanotechnology but because humans will be exterminated by relatively superhuman different species of the genus homo.

However, in the short term :

1.) expect more crime against whites to increase

2.) expect the national average IQ to decrease (Mexico and Latin America are not sending their best and brightest and even if they did their is regression to the mean)

3.) expect political corruption to increase

4.) expect the constitution to be an even more a worthless piece of paper

Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dinaric Slav
    Country
    Italy
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283
    mtDNA
    W1
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 190
    Given: 219

1 Not allowed!

That's simply because many whites declare themselves just as "Americans" on the census. They are mostly southerners who are of anglo descent.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nausevar View Post
    That's simply because many whites declare themselves just as "Americans" on the census. They are mostly southerners who are of anglo descent.
    I doubt 41% is the correct number but the so called 'white' population is still declining. Not that is the most important issue in the world but to dismiss it as trivial seems similarly daft. The left likes to paint religious people as fruitcakes who follow cults like the Jonestown massacre incident etc... but liberals are a cult secular religion with with crazy ideas like " we are the chosen 'white liberals' and when whites become a minority we will be anointed and non-whites won't hate us and attack us". Hmmm, ok, keep smoking that hippie crack.

All the rage my little dark age... Cernunnos's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ibero-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Portuguese. 53% EEF + 29% Steppe + 13% WHG + 5% Iberomaurusian
    Country
    Portugal
    Region
    Lisbon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27 (Most likely)
    mtDNA
    Faço puto de ideia
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Hero
    Não tenho 10 anos...
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,342
    Given: 2,226

0 Not allowed!

I wonder how half hispanics half whites self identify in the census. I doubt even 10% identify as non hispanic white, most will be hispanic white or even biracial/two or more other races.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,779
    Given: 208

0 Not allowed!

I think it's important to contrast self-reported ethnicity as "white" with actually being of European descent. According to shittypedia: 133 million European-diaspora Americans, 41% of total US population (2017) (as opposed to 243,832,540 Americans self-identifying as white 72% of the total US population (2019))
    You have to remember that the U.S. census counts all of MENA and mestizo/castizo as white.
    I think the US-American census considers all Latinos as white, strange because in their countries they are not considered white (only light-skinned castizo).

72% of the total US population, 41% is American wasp and 31% are white not American wasp (it is a high percentage)

Last Online
    02-21-2023 @ 07:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Ancestry
    English, German, and Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    H3a
    Taxonomy
    Long face
    Politics
    Anglo-European Nationalism
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 108

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by luc2112 View Post
    I think the US-American census considers all Latinos as white, strange because in their countries they are not considered white (only light-skinned castizo).

72% of the total US population, 41% is American wasp and 31% are white not American wasp (it is a high percentage)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianv2 View Post
    Much higher than that. Hispanic is not racial.
    I think you guys are misreading or misunderstanding something. It's simply a direct statement of the amount of Americans that are (effectively) 100% European. It's not attempting to parse the mess of "white" identity in modern America.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information