Mixed
    Country
    American-Samoa
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 139

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Even if it were not so wonderful as it looked on the annual UNHDR reports pre-2011, it was a million times better than the wartorn shambles it is now.
    Yeah of course it was better then but I’ve experienced Gaddafi’s Libya and it was not great at all (in terms of living standards generally, visiting certain areas and the beaches was still amazing, even post-gaddafi) my father is actually funnily enough the only person in my family to oppose the killing of him while others celebrated, he said “You may not agree with how he went about his business, but Libya is going to fall after this.”

We will have an election in December, Gaddafi’s son is actually running I believe, let’s hope whatever outcome can hopefully finally stabilise the country.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Andullero View Post
    Yet the culture wars have made secession stop being an unutterable world on the political discussion there. Methinks this is enough to warrant them attention, specially if one makes the exercise on another epoch and consider, for example, how political independence in British America stopped being taboo after some blunders made by the political leadership of the metrópolis after the seven years war. No political edifice in the history of humanity has gotten close to being impregnable my friend.
    During the 60s, the US was far more divided over questions to do with morality/sex/citizenship/race than it is now, yet it continued to survive and thrive. In any case, I envisage the EU breaking up before the US does (and I am saying this as someone who voted Remain and still regrets the UK leaving them).

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lustermoo View Post
    Yeah of course it was better then but I’ve experienced Gaddafi’s Libya and it was not great at all (in terms of living standards generally, visiting certain areas and the beaches was still amazing, even post-gaddafi) my father is actually funnily enough the only person in my family to oppose the killing of him while others celebrated, he said “You may not agree with how he went about his business, but Libya is going to fall after this.”

We will have an election in December, Gaddafi’s son is actually running I believe, let’s hope whatever outcome can hopefully finally stabilise the country.
    How many warlords have still carved up the country between them? Five?

Last Online
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    63.08% Eurasian, 28.75% SSA, 8.18% Amerind
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Taxonomy
    Pardo
    Hero
    Pedro Santana, Joaquin Balaguer
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,913
    Given: 4,641

0 Not allowed!

In any case, I envisage the EU breaking up before the US does (and I am saying this as someone who voted Remain and still regrets the UK leaving them).
    Speaking about the latter, how is Brexit going so far? Is the Brit establishment dragging its feet over ever taking the step?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Jibaro View Post
    Indeed, well it also must be said that the role of Freemasonry was certainly extraordinary in the process of the Spanish balkanization...

Look at this old census I found:

All natives of the island were considered Espańoles, which is interesting to me given the lies they tell you...

I won't deny that I'm super pro Spain partially because of my background though, and the indigenista types inevitably find a way to bring my ancestry or race into it when I say these sorts of things. However, despite this I'll continue feeling the way I do about what happened in 1898, and no one can change my mind on this issue.
    Re 1898, I think Henry Kissinger and Jose Marti summed it up best. To paraphrase the former, "it's a shame both sides cannot lose". To actually quote the latter, "no one becomes free merely by choosing their new master".

Last Online
    07-03-2023 @ 11:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    American-Samoa
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 139

0 Not allowed!

How many warlords have still carved up the country between them? Five?
    Yes in total i believe it was 5.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Andullero View Post
    Speaking about the latter, how is Brexit going so far? Is the Brit establishment dragging its feet over ever taking the step?
    Well thanks to thousands of EU workers (principally Poles and Lithuanians) returning home in light of Brexit, our lorry firms and farms have had lots of labour shortages, which are now beginning to translate into food shortages in our supermarkets and restaurants. There is already talk of turkeys being unavailable for Christmas! Furthermore, hotels and restaurants have also lost a lot of workers and some have had to reduce their hours or even shut down accordingly too.

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,385
    Given: 31,174

0 Not allowed!

Well thanks to thousands of EU workers (principally Poles and Lithuanians) returning home in light of Brexit, our lorry firms and farms have had lots of labour shortages, which are now beginning to translate into food shortages in our supermarkets and restaurants. There is already talk of turkeys being unavailable for Christmas! Furthermore, hotels and restaurants have also lost a lot of workers and some have had to reduce their hours or even shut down accordingly too.
    Food shortages lol how predictable. The government sees us all as useless eaters anyway

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Albeit that covid has complicated things even further, particularly regarding lorry drivers, because driving lessons were suspended for several months during the first lockdown, duly delaying many people qualifying to drive lorries.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Food shortages lol how predictable. The government sees us all as useless eaters anyway
    With Brexit, we were promised to become like Singapore. Instead, we are becoming increasingly like Venezuela.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information