Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,955
    Given: 45,023

1 Not allowed!

Default Bible Secrets and Messianic Prophecies

Absolutely astounding video! Every human being should see this, especially Jews and Christians:

Help support Apricity by making a donation

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

0 Not allowed!

You asked me to watch the aleph-tav thing.

Listen, there are only 22 letters in the Hebrew alphabet, a combination of any 2 of them is more than likely in a book of 80,000 words (the Torah) which is 305,000 letters in a row. Even if you thought aleph-tav resembled a man on a cross and even if you assumed that man was Jesus and even if that constituted a prophecy in-keeping with the story of the Trinity (rather than Marcionite, Ebionite, Arian etc. theology - bear in mind the Torah is full of overt prophecies, not random gibberish like this) it would demonstrate nothing. Why?

The Torah was not originally written in neo-Babylonian script (modern-day Hebrew writing, adopted around the 5th century BC). It was originally written in what is now known as Samaritan script (because the Samaritans still use it, not because they invented it), which is completely different and looks almost nothing like neo-Babylonian script, although it is related to it.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    You asked me to watch the aleph-tav thing.

Listen, there are only 22 letters in the Hebrew alphabet, a combination of any 2 of them is more than likely in a book of 80,000 words (the Torah) which is 305,000 letters in a row. Even if you thought aleph-tav resembled a man on a cross and even if you assumed that man was Jesus and even if that constituted a prophecy in-keeping with the story of the Trinity (rather than Marcionite, Ebionite, Arian etc. theology - bear in mind the Torah is full of overt prophecies, not random gibberish like this) it would demonstrate nothing. Why?

The Torah was not originally written in neo-Babylonian script (modern-day Hebrew writing, adopted around the 5th century BC). It was originally written in what is now known as Samaritan script (because the Samaritans still use it, not because they invented it), which is completely different and looks almost nothing like neo-Babylonian script, although it is related to it.
    Thanks for watching, although judging by your response you didn't watch much of the video :/

I wonder why Jews don't want to encourage reading of certain passages like Isaiah 53 and Daniel 9:24-27. There really are many overt prophecies in the Tanakh that uniquely fit Jesus and no one else, in plain sight.

I think the fact that young Jews in Israel are nowadays reading the Tanakh in the original Hebrew for themselves for the first time in 2000 years, is the reason why many are discovering Yeshua (which is named in the Tanakh actually, many times). Previous generations only spoke Yiddish or that Spanish dialect and entrusted the Bible reading to the rabbis - - who continuously lied to them about God.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Thanks for watching, although judging by your response you didn't watch much of the video :/
    No worries. I watched the relevant part. It's a very long video and I don't have much time these days. Also, the 'robot voice' is really annoying to me, the author of the video should have just got a person to do it.

I wonder why Jews don't want to encourage reading of certain passages like Isaiah 53 and Daniel 9:24-27. There really are many overt prophecies in the Tanakh that uniquely fit Jesus and no one else, in plain sight.

I think the fact that young Jews in Israel are nowadays reading the Tanakh in the original Hebrew for themselves for the first time in 2000 years, is the reason why many are discovering Yeshua (which is named in the Tanakh actually, many times). Previous generations only spoke Yiddish or that Spanish dialect and entrusted the Bible reading to the rabbis - - who continuously lied to them about God.
    This is not true at all, in the Jewish community it has always been the case that a large majority of Jews studied the TaNaKH and Talmud in Hebrew and Aramaic - Hebrew has always been our lingua franca, although not our vernacular. It is actively encourage and even mandated to study the Torah and of course the Torah is read out to the community on a weekly basis so that every Jew nominally hears the entire thing every year. The rest of the TaNaKH (Prophets & Writings) is read as the Haftarah, also publically, but it takes longer than a year to go through. Yeshivah students study them both in painful (and pointless) depth and there are hundreds of thousands of Yeshiva boys and girls. Even more Jews study part-time. Torah and TaNaKH study is extremely popular in Jewish communities and always has been.

In (Modern Orthodox) school I had to study Hebrew, Biblical Hebrew and ancient Judeo-Aramaic until I was 16 (Biblical Hebrew from age 5 to 16, Hebrew from age 11-16, Aramaic more sporadically, only a couple of years when I was 12 or 13). I wager 70-80% of boys and a large number of girls who went to Jewish schools had similar if not more intensive experiences. Of course, we pray three times a day in Hebrew, all religious Jews have at least a semi-decent understanding of the language and a historically very high level of literacy in it. It is true that only the cleverest 1/3 of boys in my school had to do Aramaic but it wasn't a very religious school (and Aramaic is only useful for Talmud study, not Tanakh), and either way, everyone, even the kids from secular families, had to do Hebrew and some degree of Biblical Hebrew for at least 3 years (after all they were praying in it multiple times a day).

On the other hand the number of non-Jews that can understand Biblical Hebrew is probably in the low thousands. Probably 98-99% of the people who can understand Biblical Hebrew are Jews. Of course, there are plenty of secular, irreligious Jews today, but I would suggest a significant majority of religious, orthodox Jews understand it and a majority of those who don't are women.

When I did my barmitzvah (in which I had to read out Lekh Lekha and parts of Noakh and also the Haftarah of the day in front of the kehilla) I made two mistakes and a couple of Jews in the audience literally shouted out the corrections, because they knew even my sedra by heart or were following along in their khumash (printed copy of the pentateuch, most Jews have multiple copies at home - even I have 3 or 4! My schools both gave each of their students one as a gift).

No, Jews are extremely keen on ramming the entire TaNaKH down the throats of other Jews from a very early age until the grave, in Hebrew. You are thinking of Catholics.

BTW it's Ladino (or Djudezmo) which is the Spanish dialect but there are plenty of other Jewish languages. Even today a large number of Jews speak - as a first language - Aramaic dialects (typically Jews from Kurdish area - no Jews speak Kurdish dialects as a community language).
    Last edited by Longbowman; 09-17-2021 at 03:03 AM.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    No worries. I watched the relevant part. It's a very long video and I don't have much time these days. Also, the 'robot voice' is really annoying to me, the author of the video should have just got a person to do it.

This is not true at all, in the Jewish community it has always been the case that a large majority of Jews studied the TaNaKH and Talmud in Hebrew and Aramaic - Hebrew has always been our lingua franca, although not our vernacular. It is actively encourage and even mandated to study the Torah and of course the Torah is read out to the community on a weekly basis so that every Jew nominally hears the entire thing every year. The rest of the TaNaKH (Prophets & Writings) is read as the Haftarah, also publically, but it takes longer than a year to go through. Yeshivah students study them both in painful (and pointless) depth and there are hundreds of thousands of Yeshiva boys and girls. Even more Jews study part-time. Torah and TaNaKH study is extremely popular in Jewish communities and always has been.

In (Modern Orthodox) school I had to study Hebrew, Biblical Hebrew and ancient Judeo-Aramaic until I was 16 (Biblical Hebrew from age 5 to 16, Hebrew from age 11-16, Aramaic more sporadically, only a couple of years when I was 12 or 13). I wager 70-80% of boys and a large number of girls who went to Jewish schools had similar if not more intensive experiences. Of course, we pray three times a day in Hebrew, all religious Jews have at least a semi-decent understanding of the language and a historically very high level of literacy in it. It is true that only the cleverest 1/3 of boys in my school had to do Aramaic but it wasn't a very religious school (and Aramaic is only useful for Talmud study, not Tanakh), and either way, everyone, even the kids from secular families, had to do Hebrew and some degree of Biblical Hebrew for at least 3 years (after all they were praying in it multiple times a day).

On the other hand the number of non-Jews that can understand Biblical Hebrew is probably in the low thousands. Probably 98-99% of the people who can understand Biblical Hebrew are Jews. Of course, there are plenty of secular, irreligious Jews today, but I would suggest a significant majority of religious, orthodox Jews understand it and a majority of those who don't are women.

When I did my barmitzvah (in which I had to read out Lekh Lekha and parts of Noakh and also the Haftarah of the day in front of the kehilla) I made two mistakes and a couple of Jews in the audience literally shouted out the corrections, because they knew even my sedra by heart or were following along in their khumash (printed copy of the pentateuch, most Jews have multiple copies at home - even I have 3 or 4! My schools both gave each of their students one as a gift).

No, Jews are extremely keen on ramming the entire TaNaKH down the throats of other Jews from a very early age until the grave, in Hebrew. You are thinking of Catholics.

BTW it's Ladino (or Djudezmo) which is the Spanish dialect but there are plenty of other Jewish languages. Even today a large number of Jews speak - as a first language - Aramaic dialects (typically Jews from Kurdish area - no Jews speak Kurdish dialects as a community language).
    Of course you can only speak for yourself regarding understanding of the Hebrew texts. My point is that before 1948, there were vastly more Ashkenazi Jews, at least, with little to no knowledge of Hebrew. Most of them came from Russia and Eastern Europe. But sure, quite a few years have elapsed since 1948. Unfortunately, many Jews still stick with tradition of leaving hermeneutics and interpretation to the rabbis, who ... let's just say... cannot be trusted.

My question to you, though, is how you can miss the many Messianic references that clearly fit Jesus? Even if I just casually browse through the Old Testament I encounter them frequently. Some are so obvious, it almost feels like reading the New Testament! Do you want me to list a few to you, to refresh your memory? I wouldn't mind.

Thread Information