Thread: Would it be a good idea to get as many people as possible who have lost their eyes to get together?

Senior Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-17-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    Singapore
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 7

0 Not allowed!

Default Would it be a good idea to get as many people as possible who have lost their eyes to get together?

What do you think of my compassionate idea?
    I’ve thought about this for a while.

There’s lots of people in the world I feel very sorry for, there seems to be no shortage of them sadly. But some of the people I feel most sorry for are probably people who have lost their sight, especially their eyeballs, for there are a number of them around the world, for I think to lose ones sight, especially eyeballs, is one of the worst things that can happen to a human, beings in which up to over 90% of information comes from eyes, for they’re not just disabled, they end up living in a different physical world, and are very limited their abilities compared to sighted people. Even if they master echolocation, which isn’t easy for those born sighted, sound is still a very different and more limited form of energy and information compared to light. Blind people who still have eyes still in theory at least have some chance of regaining vision, for parts of eyes can be transplanted now, but people without eyes have very little to no chance of regaining vision. This must be especially devastating for people who have lost their eyeballs later in life. Just imagine yourself in that situation, after all, it could always happen to any of us. Rufo Chacon said that he wanted to die, was asking to die when he lost his eyes, a totally understandable and relatable response in my opinion.

Im not sure about you, but something I’ve always felt was that whenever and if ever I find myself to be in unfavorable situations, is that I would want to be with and around people who are in the same or similar situations, at the very least it provides comfort and a sense of relation. So I’ve naturally thought about this in relation to people who’ve lost their eyes. Of course one of the first things one may think is to join blind organizations and associations. Where I think people who have lost their eyes may be left out in them is that most blind people actually still have some light perception, it seems that only a fraction of all blind people in the world have actually lost their eyes, which means no light perception for them whatsoever, and no hope of ever experiencing that again.

I’m aware of a number of cases in the news where teenagers and adults people have lost their eyes, but they seem to be scattered around the world, and isolated in terms of being around and having contact with other blind people. Losing eyes must be especially traumatic, devastating and hopeless for them, especially being alone in terms of being eyeless. Rufo Chacon asked to die when he was blinded. It’s especially sad when it happens to people so young like him. So I thought, since there is probably very little that will comfort them, wouldn’t it be comforting for them to be able to meet and relate with other people who have lost their eyes? That if as many people who have lost their eyes can be found and contacted around the world, and asked if they would like to meet other people who have lost their eyes as well, maybe an organization, association or club can be created for these people to be members of and have communication with each other. Something like an organization or association of people who have lost their eyes later in life. Is there any way to finance funding, contacting and asking these people to meet each other in a particular location? I’d be willing to contribute money to this idea myself, would you as well? How would this idea be put into action?

I should emphasize that I’m referring to people who have lost their eyes later in life, particularly in maturity, for it won’t mean much to people who’re born without eyes or lose them very early in life will barely know that they’re blind, outside of social context of course, so its not nearly as devastating for them as it is for eyeless people born sighted. Don’t you find yourself sympathetic and compassionate for these people? If your not then I’d have to question your morality.

Some people who I’m aware have lost their eyes. Can you think of any people to add to this list? I’ll update it when I learn of new cases. Look them up on google if your not aware of them, if they don’t show up, add something like “loses eyes” to your google search:

Charla Nash and Du Fuguo have both lost both hands and eyes.

Tina Nash

Abdul Baqi

Kaylee Muthart

Rufo Chacon

Anthony Blakely

Dan Bigley

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980...lpur_blindings

^most of those guys should still be alive as of this post

I think what I said in this thread can apply to just about any trauma or disability, especially the worst ones, like total paralysis, quadriplegic. What other sad conditions can you think of where the victims/sufferers might find comfort in being around others with the same or similar condition?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    Singapore
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    Singapore
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I can only hope it helps for them to know that they’re not alone in their grief and situation.
    Last edited by Homo Insapiens; 09-10-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,096
    Given: 24,273

0 Not allowed!

The trolling is actually pretty funny in this thread, reminds me of this old film lel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Thread Information