Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Turks an actual ethnic group or what?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,819
    Given: 5,369

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by aherne View Post
    Why not? Some ethnic groups (Hungarians) are even more diverse...
    Diverse?

*Laughs In Latin American*

Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 07:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Sicilian Italian, with distant Lebanese, Syrian and French ancestry
    Ancestry
    Mediterranean Basin
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Sicily
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Anatolid/Dinarid
    Politics
    Conservative
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,645
    Given: 1,565

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mentalanesthesia View Post
    So? The audacity! This just means you are close to Turks from all the corners in Turkey, and that's the point! They're in your country! Duh! But they also have your ethnic makeups akin to yours (Azeri, Kumyk, Karachay, Iranian, etc). I'm pretty certain that Turks from the southeast would have Kurdish and Iranian much higher, and as well as Armenian. It's a wildcard. Look at this Turkish gedmatch results (Jewish, Italian, Lebanese):

This just shows that Turks are all over the place.... Not that there's anything wrong with it! But instead of scoffing at me, scoff at your Ottoman empire for getting around a bit too much? You would've been pure as pure as Armenians if you didn't grab people from all over Asia and eastern Europe and interbred with them....? Like guuurl! Just saying...For your info hun, I don't have any ''Turkish hate''. But I'm just sick of the ignorance and audacity that can come from you guys in these boards. You are a diverse nation and you should accept that anyone can be or look Turkish. Some retarded Nazi complexed Turkish users in here only accepted light skinned, Caucasian looking Turks as ''pure Turks''.....Merde! Thankfully these dingbats are banned, just to show how stupid they are and how the forum is unaccepting of such of dumb filths.

Last Online
    01-09-2024 @ 07:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 710

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Odelia View Post
    So? The audacity! This just means you are close to Turks from all the corners in Turkey, and that's the point! They're in your country! Duh! But they also have your ethnic makeups akin to yours (Azeri, Kumyk, Karachay, Iranian, etc). I'm pretty certain that Turks from the southeast would have Kurdish and Iranian much higher, and as well as Armenian. It's a wildcard. Look at this Turkish gedmatch results (Jewish, Italian, Lebanese):

This just shows that Turks are all over the place.... Not that there's anything wrong with it! But instead of scoffing at me, scoff at your Ottoman empire for getting around a bit too much? You would've been pure as pure as Armenians if you didn't grab people from all over Asia and eastern Europe and interbred with them....? Like guuurl! Just saying...For your info hun, I don't have any ''Turkish hate''. But I'm just sick of the ignorance and audacity that can come from you guys in these boards. You are a diverse nation and you should accept that anyone can be or look Turkish. Some retarded Nazi complexed Turkish users in here only accepted light skinned, Caucasian looking Turks as ''pure Turks''.....Merde! Thankfully these dingbats are banned, just to show how stupid they are and how the forum is unaccepting of such of dumb filths.
    You have no idea how to read and interpret Oracle results. Those results show the distance of a specific kit to closest 20 ethnicities.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Martian From Venus
    Ethnicity
    Hunbritarian
    Ancestry
    TheHuns
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H1m
    Taxonomy
    Killer
    Politics
    Hero
    Jesus
    Religion
    Philippians 4.13
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,804
    Given: 13,746

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by aherne View Post
    Why not? Some ethnic groups (Hungarians) are even more diverse...
    population of Hungary is not more diverse than population of Turkey.

population of Hungary has some admixture the same is true for Romania.

The population of Turkey has more diversity- admixture than Hungary and Romania.
    https://vocaroo.com/1f1IYpCqGQPy
    one thing I can tell you is you got to be free

Last Online
    09-03-2022 @ 10:35 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turk
    Ancestry
    Giresun&Kars
    Country
    Turkey
    Region
    St Helene
    Religion
    N/A
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 209

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Odelia View Post

Last Online
    07-08-2022 @ 10:16 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Anatolian Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion
    Irreligious
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 1

2 Not allowed!

People should give up saying "Turks are ethnically made up of every population migrated to Turkey" because this is simply false. The truth is, ethnic Turks have a genetic cluster and are not more diverse than their population size suggests. What is diverse is Turkey, not ethnic Turks. I really don't think ethnic Turks are more diverse than Greeks and French.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information